The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never understand twitter lol. I don't know the first thing to even look for to see reactions. I type in wolverine and I don't get anything good.

Bah whatevs. Anyone see the pics from the London Premiere of Jackman donning the claws? Pretty epic.

I'm too afraid to search for Wolverine anything anywhere now for fear of something specific! But I'm used to it for these big releases in the last week or so before U.S. release. :oldrazz:

Yeah, I am not reading reviews. There are some with spoilers out there.

This reviewer I think came In with negative mindsight.He couldn't even get right the film
Jean 'died" In.It was last stand not origins as he mentions.

Out of early reaction only finding 2 negative isn't bad.

Wow! I want to see this movie, but summer has sucked my pockets dry (Iron Man, Man of Steel, etc.)! lol

I haven't been keeping up with this movie for spoiler reasons. Like I have no idea if there's rumors about post credit scenes or anything. I'm really out of the loop, and I like it that way.

Wow! I want to see this movie, but summer has sucked my pockets dry (Iron Man, Man of Steel, etc.)! lol

I haven't been keeping up with this movie for spoiler reasons. Like I have no idea if there's rumors about post credit scenes or anything. I'm really out of the loop, and I like it that way.

-There is a post-credits scene.

-Early word is that the movie is awesome.

-Go see it. :up:

I really hope the negative reviews don't lower the RT rating of this movie! I want a 80% to 95% rating!
And i'm not reading the reviews anymore! I read 1, and I found how Wolverine is going to beat SS!

*Edited for spoiler tags. Use them, people.

Last edited by a moderator:
The twitter reaction werent overly positive which is a worry, but its getting a better reaction than Origins did, as long as it is better than that and X3 I will be happy.

The twitter reaction werent overly positive which is a worry, but its getting a better reaction than Origins did, as long as it is better than that and X3 I will be happy.
Hmmm they were pretty positive lol

EDIT:

beiuS3ipuI4.jpg

wXq6TmtlOss.jpg

tgRi5Lx9Lw8.jpg

Last edited:
Use spoiler tags, please...

I just saw the TV spot with Poni_Boy's quote during The Daily Show. :up:

Hmmm they were pretty positive lol

EDIT:

beiuS3ipuI4.jpg

wXq6TmtlOss.jpg

tgRi5Lx9Lw8.jpg

Some were, others were mildly positive or negative. We'll see what happens next week with the reviews. But this movie needs to be rather good to compete with many of the other blockbusters we have had this year.

Its a review from the Mirror UK! I seriously don't take anything seriously from that website. That website is negative about everything.

Anyway you guys can quote a few of the non-spoilery parts to get a vague idea of what they liked/disliked, particularly non-story elements? How's the 3D? Soundtrack? etc.

Anyway you guys can quote a few of the non-spoilery parts to get a vague idea of what they liked/disliked, particularly non-story elements? How's the 3D? Soundtrack? etc.

Alright this is safe to read. Here is what he liked.

Without giving anything away, even though one of the subplot choices the film makes is familiar, The Wolverine gets it right. Whatever happens, Logan is still Wolverine, and the film consistently remembers that to its credit. By varying degrees, this is actually a story about who he is, not what he can do.It's dark but not humourless, pensive but not slow, and keeps a tight focus on Logan's arc as he finds new things to live for.

But for the most part this is a good movie. It gets Wolverine in a way that the last film completely failed to. It has something to say about the character, and it says it. Because of that, we can mostly forgive the bizarre tone shift of the final reel, or the tics that weaken its presentation.
It hasn't got the swagger of the Iron Man films or the densely layered story of the Dark Knight movies, but it's at least getting part of the way towards being that good. Wolverine's versatility as a character is one of his biggest strengths, and in The Wolverine, we finally have an on-screen demonstration of what that actually means. For all its loftier ambitions, the best gift The Wolverine gives is a simple one: that you'll leave the cinema wanting to see more of the character. And that's, straight away, a vast improvement over the last standalone Wolverine outing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"