The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I gotta say about Mangold's quote is DAMN. He gets it.

All I gotta say about Mangold's quote is DAMN. He gets it.

Y,I like what he said here:

Are there any other pitfalls you feel comic book movies fall into?
A fantasy film is often improved by some kind of human reality. What makes them hard to sit through is that the modern-day tentpole film has become a lot of fast cutting and an incredible amount of money spent generating effects. What are we left with? We’re left with what we see – a kind of inundation, a head-banging barrage in which they keep turning the volume up on the mix, and flying things at you faster in the hope that it keeps you in your seat. For me, the idea of making a film with hardcore action, with physical action like I grew up reading in the comic books, but also with a heart – and this character has great heart – to me, it’s no different from making a western. Or a cop film.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/01/08/the-wolverine-hugh-jackman-james-mangold/2/

AS good as the comics sound, after Origins I'm not gonna fall for any hype till I go see it.
Just don't fully trust Fox with Marvel stuff.

^gonna be hard not to with this cast,director,screen writer lol

I know it's a month away but I wonder what kind of trailer the first one will be. One of those "this is the plot" kind of trailers or a series of mostly action shots. Can't wait.

Mangold definitely is saying the right things. Wow, I never thought I could be this excited for a Wolverine film again.

I knew he was a comic reader from back in the day, but didn't know how versed he was in it.

Great new comments from Mangold indeed!

Falling for the hype is half the fun. And this site is called superheroHYPE after all. :)

Personally I've been hyped for this since they said they were doing the Japan story.

You can't help but get excited from Mangold's words and I'm psyched for a trailer. Hope it's well worth the wait. I'm happy with a lot of things about this movie so far and hopefully I'll still be after leaving the theater. (Origins still stings. :o)

They are indeed saying all the right things & the pictures that have been released have been great. I'm cautiously optimistic.

And technically, it's two of the X-Men, with Jennifer Lawrence getting nominated as well. :up:

And technically, it's two of the X-Men, with Jennifer Lawrence getting nominated as well. :up:
I think Jennifer Lawrence has a good shot at winning. Hugh will be more difficult since Daniel Day-Lewis is in there and it sounds like he's a lock if you believe what you read, which will make him the first actor to win three Best Actor awards if it happens. But think of the words "Oscar-Nominee" in front of his name in the Wolverine promotion!

I'm happy with him just getting nominated. I'd have been so disappointed if he'd been left out on this one.

I remember the 2004 Tonys...when Hugh was the Daniel Day-Lewis of that category. :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"