Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about timelines. The movie should work as a stand-alone film. That's the only thing I care. I'm tired of the idea, that everything should be a shared universe these days.

Also, I think it's too early to think past this film. Let's see it first, let's see BO, critical reception, public reception. Maybe it won't be worth it.

So if theX1 reference speculation is right then I guess Magneto went to the dark side again. Geez.

Pretty good trailer.

“It’s a funny, messy story of how so often these things are not as coordinated as everyone thinks,” director James Mangold told us at a recent press event for 20th Century Fox.

Don't worry James, no one's confusing this for coordination. LOL

Edit: Looks like X-Maniac already beat me to it.

So if theX1 reference speculation is right then I guess Magneto went to the dark side again. Geez.

Which, to me, makes sense. I look at time as a river. No matter how big of a log you throw into it (Mystique choosing to NOT shoot the president. ) it'll eventually revert back to its original flow.

Rolling my eyes at Mangolds responce, but mostly rolling my eyes at Kinberg and his utter uselessness and lack of talent nor vision.

I don't care about timelines. The movie should work as a stand-alone film. That's the only thing I care. I'm tired of the idea, that everything should be a shared universe these days.

Also, I think it's too early to think past this film. Let's see it first, let's see BO, critical reception, public reception. Maybe it won't be worth it.

i agree.shared universes are being very forced on all films now.

actully waiting for publicn reception is how it's suspose to work.

Which, to me, makes sense. I look at time as a river. No matter how big of a log you throw into it (Mystique choosing to NOT shoot the president. ) it'll eventually revert back to its original flow.

It will make sense till they make the next X-Men movie because who wants to bet they won't be nudging magneto towards bond-esc villain who tries to turn people into mutants.

Rolling my eyes at Mangolds responce, but mostly rolling my eyes at Kinberg and his utter uselessness and lack of talent nor vision.

What's kinbergs vision got to do with mangolds vision?

which is kind of what they said in DOFP and both singer and kinberg's public responses.

we don't know that magneto and mystique won't eventualy become villains
again.both won't in future ending.in fact in ealrier versions of DOFP kinberg had it clear that mystique was going back to mansion after not shooting trask and when wolverine woke up in new future she and beast were item teaching class.thankfully Singer didn't like that.

it just shows except for when rothman was micromanging last stand and origins
these films are very much director films.film is suspose to be director medum.

Kinberg is a hack.we can all agree that.if you liked first class credit vaugh.you like DOFP or apocalypse credit singer.you liked deadpool credit miller and if you like logan it's because of mangold.same as if you didn't like those films blame the director.

Mangold's comments very accurate the approach to MCU.it's show run by feige which each director doing film like an episode.that approach seems to work for fans of MCU.

It's not about everything being a shared universe so much as it is about having a sequel that lines up with what the previous movies have established. If they came out and said this is a stand alone adventure that's not a follow up to the existing x-men films that would be fine but they haven't.

I could care less about continuity. It is annoying but with the X films at this point that is baked in. The trailer worked for me. Here is hoping it's a hell of a swan song.

Anyone think there is some switcheroo that is going to be revealed about Xavier?

which is kind of what they said in DOFP and both singer and kinberg's public responses.

we don't know that magneto and mystique won't eventualy become villains
again.both won't in future ending.in fact in ealrier versions of DOFP kinberg had it clear that mystique was going back to mansion after not shooting trask and when wolverine woke up in new future she and beast were item teaching class.thankfully Singer didn't like that.

Nightcrawler wasn't there either, maybe he becomes a villain also :o

Joking aside I suspect the apocalypse ending was meant to be the turning point for those characters, if they now attempt to go back on it after making a big fuss over the "family" aspect in apocalypse then it's just another delayed run around again.

Last edited:
Mangold's comments very accurate the approach to MCU.it's show run by feige which each director doing film like an episode.that approach seems to work for fans of MCU.

And judging by the box office results and critical reception, works for most people.

Trailer 2 is good. Very good. Can't wait.

Still disappointed that this is what follows the DOFP epilogue, but I have to accept that this franchise will always be a cluster-f**k, and that will be easy enough to do the film is good. The dynamic between the 3 leads here is great.

The Caliban issue is just a perfect example of Fox being Fox and having absolutely no interest in this property beyond milking it, one film at a time. This scattershot approach produces some gems though, and I'm trained to selectively ignore the continuity of the weaker films. Caliban? In Apocalypse? Nope, don't recall that one.

I could care less about continuity. It is annoying but with the X films at this point that is baked in. The trailer worked for me. Here is hoping it's a hell of a swan song.

Anyone think there is some switcheroo that is going to be revealed about Xavier?

whats switcheroo?

Is anyone else other than Logan interacting with Xavier?

He's dead already? :(

And judging by the box office results and critical reception, works for most people.

It's not without its flaws. Marvel have yet to make a bad film, but the environment over there doesn't seem to produce many really great ones either. For me at least.

There is a happy medium though. You don't have to make precise plans, but it shouldn't be so difficult to have your franchise make some sense.

whats switcheroo?

A twist of some form.

Heck, Marvel likes to get the freshest, well-received talent, as seen with choosing Brie Larson for Carol Danvers or getting Ryan Coogler for Black Panther after the success of Creed. If Logan does well and Fox isn't smart enough to hold onto him, maybe Marvel will recruit him.

Transformers and DCEU also seem to get great box office.Nutrek films get great reviews despite how trekkers feel about them.

Their approach long ago wore thin with me.SPider-man is my favorate comic book properity after X-Men but after civil war and trailers i have no intrest In Homecoming.

I feel even more stongly about stark than some people do about wolverine.

AT this moment my main intrest in this film is as likely swan song for both jackman and stewart.it's clear now after apocalypse and deadpool with now we know with comic books about X-Mens in Logan the films are turning X-Men into celebrated heroes which is terrable idea.and defeats entire purpose
of X-Men.

Judging by how Mangold seems a bit fatigued by comic book movies in general from these interviews, I don't think he'd be inclined to do anymore CBMs after this. It'd have to be something incredibly compelling for him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"