Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must feel pretty great for Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost, as well as other writers who have worked on X-23 comics.

MrCraigKyle: @WolverineMovie Best day since the birth of my kids.

timeline of films

a-X-men,X2,last stand,Origins,First Class,the wolverine,2023 apocalypic scenes of DOFP

B-FC,1973 and new future scenes of DOFP,Deadpool,Apocalypse,Logan

i went by order film was released.

considering X-23 only speaks spanish in film it's defently possable she will be
one-off character.plus fact Logan is 6 years after future ending of DOFP.

Screw the timeliness. Just enjoy it for what it is.

That's exactly how I approach these films. I don't care about the continuity, people are gonna drive themselves crazy trying to figure it all out.

Mangold talks about why caliban was used in both Apocalypse and Logan

So how did this happen? “It’s a funny, messy story of how so often these things are not as coordinated as everyone thinks,” director James Mangold told us at a recent press event for 20th Century Fox. “I actually had written him into our movie, and they didn’t know [he was] in Apocalypse, and then they kind of wrote it in their movie, and they cast someone in their movie and I had not seen it and was working away on mine.” Basically, it was a total coincidence. Whoops!

Once Mangold found out about the mix-up, though, he refused to let it compromise his personal vision for what the character should be. “I just wanted to see this particular energy that we wrote, so I cast for what we were looking for,” he added. “And I love Stephen, I’m a huge fan of his.” Thus, the Logan version of Caliban was born.

http://nerdist.com/heres-why-caliban-appears-in-both-logan-and-x-men-apocalypse/

Awesome trailer, this movie really looks special, I love some of Mangolds movies and he looks in top form here.

I hope this isn't he last movie does in the X-Universe.

Mangold's interviews further show X related films are director influenced films.

I like the look of Donald Pierce as the villain also, just in his couple of scenes he came across as fun and a little menacing. Not familiar with the CB character, but I like what I have seen so far.

He looks to be a great updating of the character - I especially like what Mangold said about trying to direct the character in a way that wasn't bloated like other films and make it real.

Disappointing to hear about the lack of coordination between Jim and Bryan regarding Caliban. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Dam I'm a sucker for wolverine berserker action can't wait to see this

Mangold talks about why caliban was used in both Apocalypse and Logan

“It’s a funny, messy story of how so often these things are not as coordinated as everyone thinks,” director James Mangold told us at a recent press event for 20th Century Fox. “I actually had written him into our movie, and they didn’t know [he was] in Apocalypse, and then they kind of wrote it in their movie, and they cast someone in their movie and I had not seen it and was working away on mine.” Basically, it was a total coincidence. Whoops!

No, these things are just as UNco-ordinated as everyone thinks. He's just proved they have no overall plan whatsoever and don't even check other things in the franchise. Kinberg as a Feige-like figure holding it all together? I don't think anyone here can make that claim anymore. No one can claim they have anything properly mapped out either.

Really disappointing to hear such a shoddy, slapdash approach to a big franchise.

Screw the timeliness. Just enjoy it for what it is.

I was just about to make myself a chart to plot all these movies in a timeline, but decided against it after reading your post.

This movie looks awesome and horribly sad at the same time. Especially since it's only 5 years or so after the end of DOFP. Something big happened.

I've been a little sick of Wolverine since The Last Stand, but I'm actually really excited for this movie. It'll be a nice send off for Jackman, I think.

I like the look of Donald Pierce as the villain also, just in his couple of scenes he came across as fun and a little menacing. Not familiar with the CB character, but I like what I have seen so far.

I am getting excited for Shane Black's Predator movie, given same actor will be in main role. And he looks good.

I really hope X-23 isn't just a one off character.

I doubt the child actress will reprise her role. but I want to see an older version of the character in future films.

I really hope X-23 isn't just a one off character.

I doubt the child actress will reprise her role. but I want to see an older version of the character in future films.

actully it's sounding like she will be one off character.she only speaks spanish in film and logan takes place in 2029.Deadpool and X-force films likely take place in whatever year the films come out in.

Let's see how well she goes over with the audience first, okay?

Where's everyone reading this stuff that says the film references X1??

No, these things are just as UNco-ordinated as everyone thinks. He's just proved they have no overall plan whatsoever and don't even check other things in the franchise. Kinberg as a Feige-like figure holding it all together? I don't think anyone here can make that claim anymore. No one can claim they have anything properly mapped out either.

Really disappointing to hear such a shoddy, slapdash approach to a big franchise.

no these films are with exception of last stand and origns horrable mandated by rothamn director dictated films.even though i am losing enthusim for tnew timeline this isn't bad thing especilly since MCU films seem more concerned withs etting up films down the line and such and such interacting even if it hurt characters.prime example of this is MCU spider-man where his suit and most of equipment now comes from stark.

Deadpool is just as guilty of this as X_men and wolverine films.

And NOW people are just realizing that Kinberg isn't the all powerful head of the X-films? lol

And NOW people are just realizing that Kinberg isn't the all powerful head of the X-films? lol

honestly Kinberg is only heavily involved with the films he writes and even then final say goes to director as it was vaughn when he was script doctor on first class and singer on both DOFP and apocalypse.if you hate apocalypse then yes singer is to blame but if if you like DOFP then you have to credit singer.
final word on next full X-Men film will be whoever replaces Singer as director.

no these films are with exception of last stand and origns horrable mandated by rothamn director dictated films.even though i am losing enthusim for tnew timeline this isn't bad thing especilly since MCU films seem more concerned withs etting up films down the line and such and such interacting even if it hurt characters.prime example of this is MCU spider-man where his suit and most of equipment now comes from stark.

Deadpool is just as guilty of this as X_men and wolverine films.
None of this justifies the mistake they made with Caliban.

Well there are 2 other producers also.

Donner seems to be mostly focusing on tv shows now.Hutch Parker serves as line producer on wolverine and main X-men films.If scooper is correct than
Singer will be creative producer on next Main X-Men film similar to how he
was on first class after he had to bow out of directing.

Seems like kinberg's role as producer is mainly to be mouthpiece for franchise to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"