The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the buzz and confidence behind mos says a lot though.

i think snyder found a good match for his abilities in superman. i expect mos to review very well.

the trailer for man of steel is yet to be beaten imo.

FL-The-Wolverine-Viper-Logan.jpg
Looks like this has that same vibrant, glossy, colorful look that Origins and X3 had. Meh.

tell me that last film bryan singer made that was good that was'nt from 10 years ago??

Why are you up bringing Bryan Singer? DOFP is not even competing with Man of Steel this summer. But since you asked that question, I'll be honest, other than Superman Returns, the only movies I've seen from him are the X-Men films. And compare to Zack Snyder, its already been proven that Bryan Singer could deliver a good X-Men movie. With Zack Snyder, its still uncertain if he can deliver a good Superman movie.

And as for the director of The Wolverine, James Mangold - he has a stronger resume/filmography than Zack Snyder. So I wouldn't be surprised if The Wolverine turned out to be a better film than Man of Steel.

It's ridiculous that everyone is criticizing this film before it's out. Of course it will get bad reviews with this attitude. It could be the best movie ever, and people would still hate it.

It's ridiculous that everyone is criticizing this film before it's out. Of course it will get bad reviews with this attitude. It could be the best movie ever, and people would still hate it.

I remember some negativity toward First Class because of the awful marketing, but once that early spill of reviews from the first screening came out people were excited.

That's what will make or break this movie. The initial reactions. Because if those reactions are slightly negative, I'm not sure if people will be interested to see Origins 2: Tokyo Boogaloo.

Last edited:
I can't believe how terrible the poster with ninjas looks. It's like someone just discovered Photoshop and gave it a bash.

Speaking of Photoshop, why did they do away with Wolverine's nipples in the city poster? Are they too racy or something?

Looking at the screenshots (not definitive I know), the movie looks kinda clean and shiny to me. And a bit at odds with that early artwork of Wolverine crouching on the roof looking all dark and gritty.

Last edited:
These "motion" posters are terrible, wow some average After Effects so wonderful.

I can't believe how terrible the poster with ninjas looks. It's like someone just discovered Photoshop and gave it a bash.

Speaking of Photoshop, why did they do away with Wolverine's nipples in the city poster? Are they too racy or something?

Looking at the screenshots (not definitive I know), the movie looks kinda clean and shiny to me. And a bit at odds with that early artwork of Wolverine crouching on the roof looking all dark and gritty.

The ninjas poster was so amateurish it's painful to look at. The lack of nipples in the city poster must be do with conservative America (the Janet Jackson incident comes to mind!) but I'm not sure why the image is so apocalyptic. In what part of the story does the city fall apart?

And the screenshots remind me of Avengers more than anything. But they do seem a bit too glossy for what's supposed to be a film-noir production!

I think all the debris floating in the air isn't actually just some random stylistic choice but rather a hint at Silver Samurai's tachyon field at work.

Awesome

doesn't say "glossy" to me at all watching that teaser

Loved the end bit with him fighting the samurai
could it be we may actually get decent hand to hand fights in a superhero flick???

I hate this whole 'US only' content video thing.... We U.K/Europe folk want to watch it too!

Looks like this has that same vibrant, glossy, colorful look that Origins and X3 had. Meh.

As someone said, this colour palette(as far as we can tell) is that of Avengers and even First Class.
Criticize if you will, but it's not like it isn't working in today's landscape.

That being said, I would have personally preferred if this had gone the route of Blade and even MoS, where in it isn't shot like a big colourful hero piece but perhaps an indie/earthy film. Wolverine could really thrive in that sort of setting.
...Zack Snyder.

Let me help with that~

388475_345261185573696_777335011_n.png

Between this rad poster and the news of all these ninjas. This might be the best use of comic book ninjas and ninja action since Blade 2 and turtles before that. With the OBVIOUS exclusion of mr. Nolan's batman.
[YT]PgWCZvowEjY[/YT]
Man I hate that.

Bring it home Hugh.

That new MTV teaser footage was good. I mean, real good. There's texture to the images that I like. Hugh's body is even more amazing than I thought.

Could it be? Could we finally get a good, solo Wolverine film finally? Tomorrow will tell us even more.

Crossing toes, fingers, and everything else I got that this thing is badass. Wolverine deserves one badass film. Just one.

Hopefully the second teaser clip gets on youtube soon.

I agree. It was a good idea, but the way they dimmed all the ninjas makes Wolverine look like he was badly photoshoped in. I would have much preferred if they had made it look like he was actually fighting them.

Given the classic image it's based on it's a shame they seem to have rushed it, as you'd think they'd have had plenty of time to refine the concept for a live action movie poster.

Let me help with that~

388475_345261185573696_777335011_n.png

Best poster since the first teaser poster IMO.

Oh F MTV why put a region cap on stuff that's on the internet its utterly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"