The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MoS is the superhero movie to beat this year, in terms of overall quality. I don't think The Wolverine will be able to match it, but we have a ways to go.

In the end, if both movies are good then we are all winners.

Nu238hU.jpg

In the end, if both movies are good then we are all winners.

So true, and that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm so lucky to love both Marvel and DC and also have no problem with Fox and Sony owning certain Marvel characters. I could never wish for a cbm to do horribly.

Last edited:
I like the ninja-poster. Yeah the photoshop is poor but it's ninjas surrounding Wolverine with drawn samurai swords. I've been wanting this since I was 13 and saw X2 in theaters.

The pics and tweaser definitely give off a vibe that I wasn't expecting...

I like the ninja-poster. Yeah the photoshop is poor but it's ninjas surrounding Wolverine with drawn samurai swords. I've been wanting this since I was 13 and saw X2 in theaters.

Yeah, it is a great idea, but I think they could have done much better. Personally I hope that any ninjas in the film look much better than they do there. I'm not too sure on their costumes.

Yeah, it is a great idea, but I think they could have done much better. Personally I hope that any ninjas in the film look much better than they do there. I'm not too sure on their costumes.

I like the traditional black-suit ninja look, for me it's just the poor photshop. I'm psyched to see footage. Trailer can't get here soon enough. Bah... less than 2 days.

Can't wait for the 2nd teaser of the teaser trailer tomorrow!

I'm happy that just like DOFP, the director of this movie is heavily involved in tweeting things related to the movie on Twitter.

j74MbzK.png

LOL almost as bad as those FC posters with the silhouettes and faded faces.

I like the traditional black-suit ninja look, for me it's just the poor photshop. I'm psyched to see footage. Trailer can't get here soon enough. Bah... less than 2 days.

It's the padded vests that irk me. Makes them resemble a Mortal Kombat cosplay or something cheap like that. Other than that I'm not too fussed.

I think MoS is the superhero movie to beat this year, in terms of overall quality. I don't think The Wolverine will be able to match it, but we have a ways to go.

I don't think it would be hard to match Man of Steel, after all it is directed by Zack Snyder. The director of Sucker Punch and Legend of the Guardians. His other films that were considered good by the critics like Watchmen, 300 and Dawn of the Dead are not even as good as X-Men 2/First Class.

I actually really like the vests. Reminds me slightly of Naruto. Where Ninjas also wear padded, high collar vests.

I don't think it would be hard to match Man of Steel, after all it is directed by Zack Snyder. The director of Sucker Punch and Legend of the Guardians. His other films that were considered good by the critics like Watchmen, 300 and Dawn of the Dead are not even as good as X-Men 2/First Class.

The only difference is, Watchmen, 300, Dawn of the Dead and all of those other films were lesser known properties that got by on the reputation of the previous film and good marketing.

Man of Steel, on the other hand, is a movie based on a beloved, 75-year-old comic book property. It's being produced by Christopher Nolan, has music from Hans Zimmer, and stars an impressive cast of actors including Amy Adams and Kevin Costner. And some early screenings have already given it very positive reviews.

Zack Snyder or not, this isn't just some newly-created, underground work we're talking about. This is Superman, the godfather of all comic book characters. Even if you're not a hardcore fan, you've at least heard of him or are vaguely familiar with him and his origin. Pretty much everyone and their grandma knows who he is. I think you underestimate this character's popularity. :woot:

Anyways, back to The Wolverine.

Man of Steel, on the other hand, is a movie based on a beloved, 75-year-old comic book property. It's being produced by Christopher Nolan, has music from Hans Zimmer, and stars an impressive cast of actors including Amy Adams and Kevin Costner. And some early screenings have already given it very positive reviews.

Zack Snyder or not, this isn't just some newly-created, underground work we're talking about. This is Superman, the godfather of all comic book characters. Even if you're not a hardcore fan, you've at least heard of him or are vaguely familiar with him and his origin. Pretty much everyone and their grandma knows who he is. I think you underestimate this character's popularity. :woot:

You could have said that when Superman Returns hasn't hit the theaters yet and look what happened to that film. Just because Christopher Nolan is producing Man of Steel, it doesn't mean it will be an instant success.

Last edited:

Holy **** you couldn't be more transparent if you tried. How about actually watching a Snyder film rather than critiquing him based on hearsay?

Holy **** you couldn't be more transparent if you tried. How about actually watching a Snyder film rather than critiquing him based on hearsay?

FYI, I saw 300, Dawn of the Dead, Sucker Punch and Watchmen and I have 3 of those films in DVD. And none of those films are better than X2/First Class. And Sucker Punch is one of the worst films I ever saw in 2011.

tell me that last film bryan singer made that was good that was'nt from 10 years ago??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"