• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 6

Well at the end of The Wolverine, he has been through a lot. Mayhe he decides to give the costume thing a shot. Thats the look he gives at that alternate ending...like "alright, yellow spandex it is then..."

Well at the end of The Wolverine, he has been through a lot. Mayhe he decides to give the costume thing a shot. Thats the look he gives at that alternate ending...like "alright, yellow spandex it is then..."
The trouble is that in real life, most of the drawn costumes look crappy. :( The black leather was so much better.

It didn't even look like the image the "yellow spandex" line brought to mind when he said it in the first movie.

I loved the look on his face when he saw it. It was this sort of bemused, yet intrigued reaction....which made that scene that much cooler. This ain't no yellow spandex.

Rila Fukushima favorited one of my tweets. I called her adorable.

I don't understand why they had Silver Samurai break his claws.Currently,Wolverine has an adamantium skeleton and bone claws.What is the purpose of it?They could have either stripped him of the adamantium completely or could have left him with his adamantium claws.

just watched the unrated funeral scene. soo much better with blood splatter, although i wish it was with real squibs and not cgi.

Did we ever find out what the deal was with Svetlana and the dubbing issue?

Did we ever find out what the deal was with Svetlana and the dubbing issue?
I think it wasn't dubbing. I think it was her voice. But it sounds like she was recorded separately and then voice was added to video-stream.

You should watch the Russian version - Svetlana was dubbing herself in it.
Timbre and manner of voice sound the same as in English version.

I don't understand why they had Silver Samurai break his claws.Currently,Wolverine has an adamantium skeleton and bone claws.What is the purpose of it?They could have either stripped him of the adamantium completely or could have left him with his adamantium claws.
The claws were broken so that they could drill into and harvest his healing factor via his bone marrow. Granted, they could've cut off an entire arm or leg to access this, but I believe that - twisted as he'd become - Yashida still had some measure of respect for Wolverine and as a matter of 'honor' wanted to make the procedure as non-invasive as possible - this makes his claws, which for Wolverine is bone that naturally extend from his body, the most logical point of access to get to bone marrow.

The claws were broken so that they could drill into and harvest his healing factor via his bone marrow. Granted, they could've cut off an entire arm or leg to access this, but I believe that - twisted as he'd become - Yashida still had some measure of respect for Wolverine and as a matter of 'honor' wanted to make the procedure as non-invasive as possible - this makes his claws, which for Wolverine is bone that naturally extend from his body, the most logical point of access to get to bone marrow.

I understand all that.I wasn't talking about why Yashida did it.

I am talking about why did the director decide to break his claws.Mangold could have decided to extract his healing factor some other way.But what purpose did breaking Wolverine's adamantium claws achieve?Either the entire adamantium should have been stripped or he should have had adamantium claws.It looks weird that he has an adamantium skeleton and bone claws

Yashida had known since the beginning that Wolverine wouldn't survive after he lost healing factor. It was stupid idea and Logan knew that. Adamantium will poison Logan's organism without healing factor and kill him in while.

So claws were just the excuse for not so bright idea about how to lose Wolverine's "immortality"

The reason is probably so that this movie would have some actual lasting consequences for Wolverine. People had been complaining about him being overly-powerful in X3 and XMOW, so now he's weakened a bit.

Director James Mangold Talks Developing THE WOLVERINE for Fox, Depicting Japan in the Film, and the Status of THE WOLVERINE 2

Now I don’t want any particular spoilers but how far are you potentially into the pre-production and the writing process on The Wolverine 2?

MANGOLD: Well pre-production – I would say I’m not there yet. But I have taken finger to key. Let’s say that. There’s been typing. And ideas. And talking amongst all the principles.

Worth a read @ Collider

Mangold, you tease! :argh: :oldrazz:

Got the extended edition off iTunes this morning. Haven't had time to watch the whole thing yet, but I did check out the ninja fight. Good stuff! :up:

Dat suit

1466124_737860689563129_881390294_n.jpg

1463670_737854716230393_1653898416_n.jpg

Someone should photoshop Hugh Jackman wearing the mask lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back