The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, and it has probably been disscused a million times; but is everyone cool with Logan remembering WW2 even tho in the OT he couldn't remember anything prior to the Weapon X (80s) experiment???

Or did I miss something in the movie?? I only saw it once...

Thanx.

Polux

The director explained it thusly

Y'ever see a movie amnesiac get shards of memory back? A lot of living & remembering between Origins & my film.

https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/361860747929731072

I'll be taking another look at it when I buy the bluray.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-jackman-reteaming-for-another-wolverine-film
Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox has begun negotiations with The Wolverine director James Mangold to direct another solo "X-Men" film starring Hugh Jackman as Logan. Mangold is negotiating now to write the treatment for the film with Lauren Shuler Donner returning to produce. No word on what the storyline is, as Fox is keeping it under wraps for the time being.
Hell Yeah! Great news. Very excited about the possibility of James Mangold returning. He handled this character better then anyone else in the franchise imo. Well done Fox, keep it going.

Last edited:
I wonder what the story line will be and if it will take place post-DOFP, in the past or during the time after The Wolverine but before the end credit stinger when he was traveling around with Yukio.

I think the third option may be a good one if Mangold doesn't want to be limited by what happens after DOFP or retelling Logan's past like Origins. It would also be a good way to bring back Yukio since her character was so well received by audiences.

Yes yes yes yes! More Mariko! More Yukio! More Wolverine!

God, I sound like I want an exact copy of The Wolverine as a third Wolvie solo movie. Which isn't completely untrue. It's kinda sad. :p

Time to break out my Wolverine sneakers and do my happy dance. :woot:

Russia, Yukio, Omega Red, and Spiral, make it happen.

Wolverine: The Longest Winter. Wolverine: The Savage Hunt. Wolverine & Yukio's European Vacation. So many cool possible titles, so little time.

So long as Mangold is back I'm STOKED.

Hopefully he'll improve when making the second Movie. I enjoyed The Wolverine thoroughly, but the last act of the Movie, wasn't as strong as the rest.

Either bring in Daken (the ending of Uncanny X-Force: Final Execution is made for cinema) or Omega Red. Maybe even pair him up with a fellow X-Men like Jubilee or Kitty, but only if, like in The Wolverine, it's kept to a bare minimum. Let's face it, the only thing that killed the last one's third act was Silver Samurai's robust design choice that was too big to have a decent a fight scene with and it didn't fit in with the rest of the film's grounded aesthetic. Bringing in lower key characters like that should present no problem. Maybe even bringing back Sabretooth and FINALLY giving us a proper conflict between them.

Revisit the idea of rogue for film.

Omega red Is defently a possibilty for film.

Maybe this film will also help lead Into X-Men film with apocalypse as villain.

I enjoyed The Wolverine and I'm a big fan of the character – so I'm all for a sequel. Hopefully Mangold can do even better this time around!

One thing i could maybe see (though it isn't really what I want) is this being an overhauled version of that X-Force film. It seemed like that was our next X-film after DoFP, but now it looks to be this. Maybe they're plans just weren't working & we'll get a take on X-Force with Yukio replacing Psylocke.

...but I want Kitty Pryde & Wolverine, dagnabbit.

No, I want Psylocke on the XF team, she's awesome. Yukio should appear in Wolverine 3.

They may be doing both a third wolverine film and a X-force film.

If DIsney/MS can do GotG In between sequels then Fox can do X-force

Since rogue Is younger female character in films Wolverine has been close to it could be her that would be in this if another X-Men character is used.

-Sabertooth
-Omega Red
-Yukio
-Rogue (maybe merge her with Kitty's Japanese story)

all in same film... needs to happen

hell throw in Gambit too if possible

No, I want Psylocke on the XF team, she's awesome. Yukio should appear in Wolverine 3.

Psylocke IS awesome. Unfortunately, the X-men films have a tendency of mishandling awesome things. I'd be all for them totally ignoring "Psylocke" from The Last Stand, though.

WHAT? Thrilled at this news.

Hopes and wishes:

Wolverine, Yukio and Rogue do Russia.
More gratuitous nudity.
Omega Red.

Oh, I dearly want Rogue in it. I'd bloody love it and Anna's finally free.

WHAT? Thrilled at this news.

Hopes and wishes:

Wolverine, Yukio and Rogue do Russia.
More gratuitous nudity.

Omega Red.

Oh, I dearly want Rogue in it. I'd bloody love it and Anna's finally free.

Shame on you. Also, who's Russia?

Wow this is great news and now only a month away from the home release of TW.

I guess flying past $400m really sealed the deal for sequal talks to begin. There loads of cool ideas they could come up with but I am sure Mangold will deliver something interesting no matter what the storyline, hope he agrees to it.

More Wolvie and more Yukio can only be a good thing was the surprise hit of the year for me, bring it on I say!!

Wow this is great news and now only a month away from the home release of TW.

I guess flying past $400m really sealed the deal for sequal talks to begin. There loads of cool ideas they could come up with but I am sure Mangold will deliver something interesting no matter what the storyline, hope he agrees to it.

More Wolvie and more Yukio can only be a good thing was the surprise hit of the year for me, bring it on I say!!

I want more Mariko, too. Tao Okamoto stole the show for me. Yukio was good, though.

I want more Mariko, too. Tao Okamoto stole the show for me. Yukio was good, though.

Agreed both need to come back in some form and scope. Both brilliant as was said many times at the time the film came out.

Im sure they would if all goes to a plan too with Mangold and Jackman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"