• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's actually a pretty solid representation.

Yeah nice. Prefer it with the jacket on though.

That Hot Toys figure is missing the vascularity, striations & density Hugh had. Not accurate enough!

I wish it was a pair of statues as opposed to a deluxe figure.

Nice. Walmarts site says that as well.

Last edited:
Hugh is doing his one man show at a benefit for the Motion Picture Television Fund in LA on Saturday night, then going to Beijing, presumably for the Wolverine premiere on Oct. 17.

Hugh Jackman ‏@realhughjackman 1h
Headed to LA for my MPTF benefit, a small celebration and then at the stroke of midnight - Beijing.… instagram.com/p/fVcZsuChCZ/

4e7e430e329811e3912922000a1fceb7_7.jpg

12 blockbusters -- James Wan's The Conjuring, Pierre Coffin's Despicable Me 2, Neill Blomkamp's Elysium, Justin Lin's Fast and Furious 6, Todd Phillips' The Hangover 3, Shane Black's Iron Man 3, Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, Dan Scanlon's Monsters University, Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim, J.J. Abrams' Star Trek: Into Darkness, James Mangold's The Wolverine and Marc Forster's World War Z -- have been nominated for this year's Hollywood Movie Award at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/12-blockbusters-compete-fan-vote-647351

I was at NY Comic Con tonight. Someone there was dressed up as Yukio! :awesome:

Hugh is doing his one man show at a benefit for the Motion Picture Television Fund in LA on Saturday night, then going to Beijing, presumably for the Wolverine premiere on Oct. 17.

Hugh Jackman ‏@realhughjackman 1h
Headed to LA for my MPTF benefit, a small celebration and then at the stroke of midnight - Beijing.… instagram.com/p/fVcZsuChCZ/

4e7e430e329811e3912922000a1fceb7_7.jpg

I hope's there a Beijing premiere!

Yukio cosplay!

It was a great costume, too!

They didn't have too much stuff related to the movie, though. They had the poster, and some of the Minimates toys, but that was about it.

Hopefully this upcoming Beijing premiere will help the movie to get a lot of money in China!

A bit OT but XMen stuff mentioned. Hugh performed his Broadway one-man show at a benefit for the Motion Picture Television Fund before catching a flight to Beijing for "The Wolverine" premiere. Deadline.com's Pete Hammond was in the audience and reports:

Hugh Jackman Brings In $1.85 Million In Major Saturday Night Dolby Theatre Benefit For MPTF
By PETE HAMMOND | Sunday October 13, 2013

Hugh Jackman proved Wolverine has the stuff as his “One Night Only” concert at the Dolby Theatre raised $1.85 million dollars for the Motion Picture & Television Fund Saturday night in Hollywood. Each year the MPTF has produced a musical evening saluting the best of Broadway shows turned into movies, but this year 20th Century Fox Chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos decided to shake it up and ask frequent host Jackman to stage his hit Broadway one-man show as a benefit for the fund. To say it was a hit is an understatement. Many in the audience had flown in from as far away as Sydney, Australia for the opportunity of seeing Jackman (who is also again a Best Actor Oscar contender this year for his wrenching role in Prisoners) perform his act and it also drew a major Hollywood contingent including stars like Tom Cruise and studio heads such as MPTF topper Jeffrey Katzenberg and Universal’s Donna Langley who watched her Les Miserables star perform a song from that film to a standing ovation.

Among other highlights Jackman reprised his Tony winning performance in a medley of Peter Allen songs from The Boy From Oz. He also performed numbers from Guys And Dolls and Carousel, both iconic musicals he had been tapped in the recent past to remake at Fox. Neither is currently on Jackman’s agenda. Instead I hear the long-gestating P.T. Barnum musical is near a go at Fox, with Jackman as the famed impresario finally becoming a reality at last for the big screen, a role that was reported in his future as far back as 2009. The film will be an original musical, Moulin Rouge-style I hear with Dreamgirls’ Laurence Mark among the producing team. As far as I’m concerned the more musicals Jackman does, the better. As evidenced on stage Saturday he is in a class by himself when it comes to an entertainer who can do it all.

The show , which ran nearly three hours , included a live auction run by Jackman that ran up the total proceeds for the evening. Among items sold for thousands were a pair of customized Wolverine claws, tickets to the 2014 premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past, an original Wolverine signed jacket, a Panerai watch, and a Fiat 500e personalized by Jackman that went for $50,000. Three people also bought an opportunity to screen “an upcoming 20th Century Fox film” for 60 of their friends. Fortunately it won’t be Runner Runner.

Although this was a public event, the tone was very inside. Sitting in the front row, Fox advertising guru Tony Sella got the most mentions of the evening with Jackman bringing his name up at least 15 times, a reference sure to be lost on most of the crowd. He also talked incessantly about his publicist Alan Nierob who was there with his 88 year old father (who got a lot of attention). Gianopulos was also mentioned frequently by the star - and in a very postive light - and came out at the end to return the praise to Jackman and the tireless work he does to benefit MPTF. The Fox leader and his wife, Ann once again chaired the successful event as they do every year.

Before the show I spoke with Gianopulos who is clearly very high on their Fall slate, particularly award-magnets The Book Thief and The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. He should be. Both films, which premiered last week at the Mill Valley and New York Film Festivals, were well received in their fest debuts and should do well with audiences which could translate into some awards action for the studio which also sports an early Oscar front runner in 12 Years A Slave from specialty unit Searchlight (whose Co-President Nancy Utley was among those applauding Jackman).

Saturday also happened to be Jackman’s 45th birthday and wife Deb led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday to her husband. But it was no rest for the weary as Jackman wasted no time in heading for the airport after the show to board a plane for China shortly after one in the morning in order to promote Fox’ latest Wolverine movie.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/hug...aturday-night-dolby-theatre-benefit-for-mptf/

Hugh is a class act. :bow: They should release that show on BD and raise even more money, I mean danoyse is good for at least 10 copies! :D :cwink:

We had the Chiller Theater convention NJ this weekend, and I picked up the Japanese movie theater programs for The Wolverine, First Class, and X3.

So now I have the programs for all 6 movies:

image_zps6358a045.jpg

The one for The Wolverine is awesome. I can't read any of it, but the photos are great and it's got inserts of the posters. Apparently, First Class is called "First Generation" in Japan.

They're pretty cool souvenirs to have! Especially since they don't really do any books or magazines for them here anymore.

Those are cool. The Wolverine one definitely looks the best.

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, and it has probably been disscused a million times; but is everyone cool with Logan remembering WW2 even tho in the OT he couldn't remember anything prior to the Weapon X (80s) experiment???

Or did I miss something in the movie?? I only saw it once...

Thanx.

Polux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo