Homecoming New Spider-Man animated series coming in 2017 - Part 1

CuRknQUWYAE1ZbJ.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...w-marvel-spider-man-animated-series/91775698/

Spider-Man is getting back to his roots in a new animated TV series.

Marvel Comics' popular web-slinger superhero returns to his teenage years and his earliest days as a superhero in Marvel's Spider-Man, premiering next year on Disney XD.
"Spider-Man is the biggest action hero in the world. He is an iconic character whose duality makes him both relatable and aspirational for the Disney XD audience," says Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, programming and general manager for Disney XD. He promises "a fresh take on a beloved classic that will engage both new and existing Spidey fans with its compelling drama, exciting action and the signature sense of comedy."

USA TODAY
New Spider-Man brings 'youthful exuberance' to 'Civil War'

Headed up by story editor Kevin Shinick (Robot Chicken) and supervising director Philip Pignotti (Marvel's Avengers Assemble), the new show focuses on insecure yet courageous teenager Peter Parker as he learns that with great power comes great responsibility — especially when you get the strange abilities of a spider.

What do you guys think of this?

Wow Venom was a big disapponintment..

There's no doubt about that. Over the last ten years in Marvel animation, "Venom" just means some sludge with teeth. There's very little focus on the host. SSM was the last time that I can remember seeing a version of the Eddie Brock Venom who was easily identifiable as such.

There's no doubt about that. Over the last ten years in Marvel animation, "Venom" just means some sludge with teeth. There's very little focus on the host. SSM was the last time that I can remember seeing a version of the Eddie Brock Venom who was easily identifiable as such.

I haven't seen the show, but seeing the reactions to it and Venom in particular have me disappointed. I don't get the point of making Venom a mindless monster, the 90s show showed the greatness of having an obsessed stalker-villain who knew Pete and could taunt him in ways others haven't been able to. So use that, have fun with it, make some emotional moments like SSM, but if he's a blob monster, why use him at all?

Also, I don't get what's up with omitting Eddie Brock from animated Spidey toons as of late? I mean crap, the last one took Anti-Venom and even gave it to Harry. (My personal petpeeve is that only Brock should have AV since it represents Redemption and Healing in my eyes)

I was hesitantly going to give this show a chance, but I might just wait for it to pop up on netflix and pick and choose episodes down the line. While I know I'm not the target audience for this show, I really am sad it doesn't sound like it'll click with me. I'm a firm believer that you can enjoy a good cartoon at any age.

From reading this thread it sounds like the show has potential, but a lot of decisions are headscratchers. I'm kind of afraid we'll never have a golden age of Marvel toons again, honestly. After Avengers: EMH & Spectacular Spider-man, I haven't been excited for Marvel cartoons.

They said Eddie will show up again and I hope so to. I don’t understand why the cartoons are crapping on some of the villains. Especially someone as marketable as venom

It seems like everyone in the comment section is convinced that he’ll show up. They keep saying it’s confirmed but I can’t find a source. I’m hoping it’s true because I’m tired of the Eddie brick and venom direspect lately from the Disney channel. Is it so hard to get venom right? The harry venom was really a head scratcher. Such a stupid decision. Now we have flash as venom. Whoppee. Tired of venom being some mindless beast . He has a mind and can talk he isn’t the freaking hulk.

When will they show 'the Rise of Doc Ock'? And why am I curious to see it?

Now that's dope. Didn't really appreciate it in Ultimate Spider-Man, but amidst all the death machines and weapons the students make, we've already got a trio of geniuses helping to repair and fix everyday issues in the real world ie the opening scene of this 'Rise of Doc Ock' arc

I dropped off on this show after loosing interest about 5 or so episodes in. To anyone still watching it, has it gotten better or is it more or less the same still?

I dropped off on this show after loosing interest about 5 or so episodes in. To anyone still watching it, has it gotten better or is it more or less the same still?

Definitely catch the 'Rise of Doc Ock' arc. Guessing the final 2 parts will be dropped this weekend, so should be a brief binge.

First with Rise of Doc Ock and now Spider-Island, this show might have found its legs, it's getting interesting.

Hmm I guess I'm gonna have to dive back in.

[blackout]Whoever thought that spider person was wearing stealth spider suit is Norman Osborn was right.[/blackout]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"