Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 112

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's so great about this movie to me and having Spidey in the MCU is that it reminds me of why i fell in love with character in the first place. Growing up with the 90s cartoon i loved seeing him with so many other heroes, and not just because they're heroes but because of how different he came off. They're all adults, some insanely powerful and larger than life. Spidey though is us. Even with his power he's not the fastest, biggest or strongest, but he has the most heart. The one who'll have your back until the end of time. The one who knows he'll probably lose but keeps fighting anyway, and the one who you know absolutely loves his fellow man, and this movie freakin' nailed it. It really really nailed it!

Just got back from Spider-Man homecoming and yeah it was epic! By far the runniest Spider-Man movie yet! A part like right out of the comics happened towards the end and something happened towards the end that made things interesting. Also a lot of Grown up humor that I was not expecting at all. Liked the school stuff they did and I was not expecting that has I have said I wish they would let Spider-Man grow up already. Vulture was a really good villain and i was not expecting that has he is one of spiderman's worst villains.Cant want for the sequel and have got to see this movie again! Not sure were I would rank it on superhero movies need to see it again before I can really say but like by far my 2nd favorite Spider-Man movie! I think this may be the best MCU movie made yet! Also while flash was different he was good didn't bother me at all.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved it .. so much that I had to log back on here after 7 years because I've missed this forum so much and something about this movie sparked my old super hero passions I haven't felt in a long time .

I think Watts was semi-interested in Blade and Morbius for the sequel. I gotta say, contrast between Spider-Man and super badass vampire hunter could be amazing. Plus, this one was a teen comedy. Maybe the next one could riff on teen horror tropes. :D

I absolutely loved it .. so much that I had to log back on here after 7 years because I've missed this forum so much and something about this movie sparked my old super hero passions I haven't felt in a long time .
Feel free to stay awhile.

I think Watts was semi-interested in Blade and Morbius for the sequel. I gotta say, contrast between Spider-Man and super badass vampire hunter could be amazing. Plus, this one was a teen comedy. Maybe the next one could riff on teen horror tropes. :D
In Watts we trust!

Were did you hear that? I wouldn't mind seeing Morbius. Scorpio, Hydro man, Kraven, Mysterio, Carnage, Chamelo are the ones I would like to see that have yet to be used.

lol well i think the title/thumbnail of a recommended video on youtube just spoiled the mid-credit scene for me :)

i stay away from this site and the trailers like they're the plague for 3 months...and 12 hours before i see it, it gets spoiled.

i love the internet.

Welcome back

Were did you hear that? I wouldn't mind seeing Morbius. Scorpio, Hydro man, Kraven, Mysterio, Carnage, Chamelo are the ones I would like to see that have yet to be used.

http://****************.com/movies/spider-man-homecoming-director-like-see-blade-sequel/

Interviewer: Which villain would you want to take on next?
Jon Watts: I don’t know. I really haven’t thought yet about anything other than this movie.
Interviewer: I’m going to throw a name at you.
Jon Watts: Oh, yeah? Who do you like?
Interviewer: This is just because of the film you made Clown. I’m thinking maybe someone like The Chameleon? Hasn’t been done yet.
Jon Watts: Yeah, Chameleon’s cool. I wonder is it that cool of an ability nowadays? Like, we’d have to come up with a way to make him to be more than just that. But Chameleon is great and he’s also one of the earlier day villains. I mainly focused on the bad villains as just a joke because there are so many really silly guys. Like Big Wheel. [laughs] So I’ve kind of done the wrong research so far in who the next villain could be. Swarm… [laughs]
Interviewer: I was also thinking Morbius?
Jon Watts: Morbius is kind of cool!
Interviewer: But then I wasn’t sure of the tone of the character.
Jon Watts: The tone of the character is pretty dark, but the vampire/Marvel Universe thing is pretty cool. Maybe we could get Blade to show up, too? That’d be neat.

So nothing really solid, sorry. Just throwing out ideas. But he's right. It would be neat.

http://****************.com/movies/spider-man-homecoming-director-like-see-blade-sequel/

So nothing really solid, sorry. Just throwing out ideas. But he's right. It would be neat.

Kraven the Hunter. MAKE IT HAPPEN PLS.

Kraven's way too early. Their relationship works better when it's against a mature and experienced Peter imo.

Mysterio, I had a bowl of Mysterios for breakfast.

What are your overall thoughts venom? Did you post a review in the review thread?

Yes, I did. You can check it out on Page 1 of the Review thread.

Overall, I thought it was so much fun! Blows out of the way both TASM and SM3, but doesn't top SM2 (and in some aspects SM1) for me. SM2 is still a work of art and CBM magic. Holland rocked, by the way! He represents the best of both Spidey and Parker.

How about you? Haven you seen it yet? What did you think?

Just got back from Spider-Man homecoming and yeah it was epic! By far the runniest Spider-Man movie yet! A part like right out of the comics happened towards the end and something happened towards the end that made things interesting. Also a lot of Grown up humor that I was not expecting at all. Liked the school stuff they did and I was not expecting that has I have said I wish they would let Spider-Man grow up already. Vulture was a really good villain and i was not expecting that has he is one of spiderman's worst villains.Cant want for the sequel and have got to see this movie again! Not sure were I would rank it on superhero movies need to see it again before I can really say but like by far my 2nd favorite Spider-Man movie! I think this may be the best MCU movie made yet! Also while flash was different he was good didn't bother me at all.
Glad you liked it

Well, I am back for a bit after along hiatus.... I just saw this, and honestly, I think I have a new favorite SM movie. Maybe because it felt so fresh and new and lively but HOMECOMING may be my all time favorite Spidey movie.

Man... Bless Tom Holland and Michael Keaton. Fantastic matchup.

I'm glad everyone is swallowing their pride about Vulture. I remember a lot of you were so against him at first

My theatre was packed last night after seeing this film and people before the movie even started were cheering because of not only Thor Ragnarok but also the Black Panther trailer was shown...I am not even going to lie I was one of those people going crazy during the Black Panther trailer probably reciting each line from it

But that aside the film of Homecoming last night was pretty damn awesome

The Spidey reboot we have all been waiting for...finally Marvel gets it right with these characters

Keaton was a damn near menacing villain as Toomes/Vulture especially given so many years ago he played Bruce Wayne/Batman in the DCEU

I'm glad everyone is swallowing their pride about Vulture. I remember a lot of you were so against him at first

Yeah, I saw plenty complaints. I for one always wanted Vulture for this film as he was Spider's first costumed super villain. I thought he had a natural connection to the MCU by being the inventor of Falco's wings.

However, what they did with the character with in this was terrific. Connected to the MCU and really giving them a reason to call him Vulture (vultures are scavengers), and Keaton made him legitably sympathetic and terrifying!

My theatre was packed last night after seeing this film and people before the movie even started were cheering because of not only Thor Ragnarok but also the Black Panther trailer was shown...I am not even going to lie I was one of those people going crazy during the Black Panther trailer probably reciting each line from it

But that aside the film of Homecoming last night was pretty damn awesome

The Spidey reboot we have all been waiting for...finally Marvel gets it right with these characters

Keaton was a damn near menacing villain as Toomes/Vulture especially given so many years ago he played Bruce Wayne/Batman in the DCEU

:( I saw Homecoming twice in different theaters and got the same terrible trailers both times, not a single Marvel trailer. The Pitch Perfect trailer in particular made me close my eyes and go to my Happy place.

Just saw Spider-Man Homecoming, thought it was really good. It really helps when you get an actor like Michael Keaton in as your villain too. I had a few issues but nothing too major, 8/10.

But Keaton as a villain especially as Vulture I sympathized with his character because he was a family man husband and father but also Spidey was threatening everything he was building so how could you not sympathize?

Yes, I did. You can check it out on Page 1 of the Review thread.

Overall, I thought it was so much fun! Blows out of the way both TASM and SM3, but doesn't top SM2 (and in some aspects SM1) for me. SM2 is still a work of art and CBM magic. Holland rocked, by the way! He represents the best of both Spidey and Parker.

How about you? Haven you seen it yet? What did you think?

Posted my review/thoughts in the review thread :up: Glad you enjoyed it, any negatives for you?

:( I saw Homecoming twice in different theaters and got the same terrible trailers both times, not a single Marvel trailer. The Pitch Perfect trailer in particular made me close my eyes and go to my Happy place.

Yeah I didn't get the Thor or Panther trailers during my showing either which is weird.

Remember those set pictures of Shocker with the mask? Were those fake? What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"