Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 110

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I could not care less about his opinion on bullies. I only care about being entertained watching him play Spider-Man.

But so was Bendis & Wiseman's teen Spideys & they weren't constantly saying "awesome" & "whoa!". Idk It seems forced, like their idea of a teenager. But even Harley from Iron Man 3 wasn't as naive as him
Where I went, people like Garfield were much more common than how they're portraying Holland. I'm not saying that was right for Peter but it was realistic imo.

How many times are you gonna change your avatar?

To be honest, I could not care less about his opinion on bullies. I only care about being entertained watching him play Spider-Man.

It had less to do with him just saying it and more to do with Marvel implementing his experience into the script. By doing that and then presenting their movie to the entire world, Marvel as a studio made a public statement about (American) bullying.

It had less to do with him just saying it and more to do with Marvel implementing his experience into the script. By doing that and then presenting their movie to the entire world, Marvel as a studio made a public statement about (American) bullying.

Again, meh. We'll see how the final product turns out

ZoelVZI.gif

I understand them not wanting a physical bully. But they still could have made the traditional Flash (athletic popular jock) and had him be a dismissive arrogant snob rather than a scrawny intellectual who seems more like an irritation to Peter & the others on the decathlon team.

Still wish we were getting a Flash that was more like Biff from Back to the Future, a dumb bruiser jock who you love to hate but unlike Biff he would actually turn into a nicer person down the line.

That alone would make him different from the previous films. (Yes I know TASM started developing him right, but they quickly tossed him aside and didn't even bother to mention him in TASM 2.)

Instead we're getting a preppy, smart, smug rich kid who's only connections to Flash's character are the following:

• He's called Flash
  • He seems to be popular
  • He's mean to Peter

The very idea of Flash being smart rubs me up the wrong way. Peter is meant to be the complete opposite of Flash (at least at first).

Peter was scrawny whereas Flash was big and strong.
Peter was smart whereas Flash was dumb.
Peter was unpopular whereas Flash was popular.
Peter was a nice guy whereas Flash was a *****e.

Now Flash is smaller than Peter Parker......so much for "Puny Parker" eh?
Now Flash is smart, maybe not to the level of Peter, but that's not the point, Flash shouldn't be attending science and mathematic declathons...

I can't believe some people are actually trying to defend this change. No it doesn't make him "modern", there is nothing wrong with classic Flash existing in 2017, I had bullies who were into sports and thought me liking geeky stuff was a bad thing and I left school in 2011, you're trying to tell me that these people went extinct in the past 6 years? If it's so hard to believe in that but you can suspend your disbelief that superheroes like Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Thor, Dr Strange and The Incredible Hulk exist in this world but you can't when a jock bully is around then wow....

Last edited:
Still wish we were getting a Flash that was more like Biff from Back to the Future, a dumb bruiser jock who you love to hate but unlike Biff he would actually turn into a nicer person down the line.

That alone would make him different from the previous films. (Yes I know TASM started developing him right, but they quickly tossed him aside and didn't even bother to mention him in TASM 2.)

Instead we're getting a preppy, smart, smug rich kid who's only connections to Flash's character are the following:

• He's called Flash
  • He seems to be popular
  • He's mean to Peter

The very idea of Flash being smart rubs me up the wrong way. Peter is meant to be the complete opposite of Flash (at least at first).

Peter was scrawny whereas Flash was big and strong.
Peter was smart whereas Flash was dumb.
Peter was unpopular whereas Flash was popular.
Peter was a nice guy whereas Flash was a *****e.

Now Flash is smaller than Peter Parker......so much for "Puny Parker" eh?
Now Flash is smart, maybe not to the level of Peter, but that's not the point, Flash shouldn't be attending science and mathematic declathons...

I can't believe some people are actually trying to defend this change. No it doesn't make him "modern", there is nothing wrong with classic Flash existing in 2017, I had bullies who were into sports and thought me liking geeky stuff was a bad thing and I left school in 2011, you're trying to tell me that these people went extinct in the past 6 years? If it's so hard to believe in that but you can suspend your disbelief that superheroes like Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Thor, Dr Strange and The Incredible Hulk exist in this world but you can't when a jock bully is around then wow....

Agreed on all counts :up:. It's one thing if they forgo the physical aspects of his antagonizing, but to completely change the character in look & personality is just dumb.

- Avi Arad forced Sam Raimi to put Venom in Spider-Man 3, because he has a hard-on for the character and wanted to sell toys. Raimi was forced to do this despite coming off of the critically-acclaimed and financially successful Spider-Man 2, which should have granted him the freedom to do whatever he wanted for the third film. Instead, he shoehorned in a character he didn't like, and the results speak for themselves.

Honestly i don't know whether id say Raimi did a bad job with adapting a fair amount of the venom stuff since i don't think the venom stuff is the worst part of the film.

Alot of the meh stuff is around Harry, MJ and peters cheesy cockyness with the black suit.

Last edited:
But neither I or Holland can speak for all American high-schools based on our experiences.

Like I already established he clearly wasn't trying to speak for all American high-schools so I have no idea what point you're making.

Like he said, that kind of bully can still happen behind closed doors. Most bullies wouldn't be dumb enough to do in front of the school staff.

And even if Revolori is closer to modern bullies in the sense that he's a *****e, there's no reason why Flash couldn't have still been a jock. They obviously exist in Homecoming's version of Midtown school (Track field & Football field are present on the school grounds in the trailer)

So just for the record, even if he's still a bully you're going to be mad because he isn't the exact type of bully that Flash originally was in the 60's comics? You do see how little that actually matters, right?

Despite the suite being underwhelming imo, I will always love Giacchino's interpretation of the classic theme there.

now we can speculate if the after credits scenes will tease Homecoming 2 ,Avengers IW or 4 , Thor Ragnarok , Black Panther or after the reveal und feiges Face XD Venom + Black/Silver ?"!

now we can speculate if the after credits scenes will tease Homecoming 2 ,Avengers IW or 4 , Thor Ragnarok , Black Panther or after the reveal und feiges Face XD Venom + Black/Silver ?"!

I guess we will know soon.

Loving that classic Spidey theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"