Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he was terrible as Peter in the first TASM. TASM2 was an improvement, but too bad the rest of the movie went backwards.

For me Andrew was a more enjoyable Peter and Spider-man and even what i have seen of Tom Holland i still put him above Tobey Maguire.

Although i think Tom Holland is more like Andrews peter then Tobys i do think Tom will be way more of what they tried to do with Andrew and it will be interesting to see the reaction to that.

Last edited:
For me Andrew was a more enjoyable Peter and Spider-man and even what i have seen of Tom Holland i still put him above Tobey Maguire.

Y'know I actually felt Maguire delivered a more accurate take on the character in the video games. Of course his voice still irritated the hell out of me.

Garfield's version was a bad Parker and Spider-Man. The only good thing I can say is his TASM 2 costume was good. That and we mercifully only had to endure two movies of that version before they axed it.

Some official Homecoming memes (yes you read that right):

DBp0ETEV0AANPkB.jpg

DBp0ETIVoAAJjth.jpg

DBp0ETYUQAAe7ku.jpg

DBp0ETEUAAIrLVh.jpg

https://twitter.com/theparademon14/status/872137104712757250

Y'know I actually felt Maguire delivered a more accurate take on the character in the video games. Of course his voice still irritated the hell out of me.

Yeah i preferred him in the games tbh but as soon as he was on screen under Raimi directing he turned into clark kent.

I have always kinda wondered whether Raimi would have suited Superman better.

Last edited:
Yeah i preferred him in the game but as soon as he was on screen under raimi directing he turned into clark kent.

I have always kinda wondered whether Raimi would have suited Superman better.

Or maybe the Fantasic Four.

But something I've never understood about Raimi's take on the character is how he almost completely left out the humorous and sarcastic side of Peter's character if he's supposedly been a mega fan of Spider-Man ever since his childhood? Fortunately it looks like we'll be getting plenty of that in Homecoming.

And for a director that made a character like ash from the evil dead, yeah its very surprising Spider-man was often so serious.

Tom doesn't look like an instant heartthrob like Andrew did and that's enough for me.

From what I've seen now Tom is doing a pretty good job in this movie. But I don't know if I'll ever really be able to think of him as Peter Parker/Spiderman. The 90's cartoon introduced me to the character and cemented an image of what Spidey should be like. I've of course gotten older now and I'm not married to all the specifics of that interpretation, though a few things have stuck with me. Like for example, Peter Parker does not have a Queens accent, not as Peter or as Spider-man. And it creates an even bigger disconnect for me since all the supporting characters speak with the basic standard north american accent, so the queens accent does nothing for me except reminds me that the actor is actually british. Also Tom doesn't have the type of voice I think Spidey should have but that's kind of a by product of my favorite depictions being voice acted by grown men.

Can't wait to see the movie. I still have a little hope that he'll blow me away

Andrew was a more funnier wisecracking spider-man but i think tom will be that also but turned up to maximum.

I'll say that the other frustrating thing about Tony is that he kinda takes away from Norman Osborn.

The rich CEO with a tech-based suit that sees Peter like a student/son and treats blue-collar people like Toomes as as an externality, you say? That's always been a core part of the Peter/Norman dynamic. If you took out Tony from this and told the same story, Norman would be the guy Toomes is talking about in that second trailer.

I mean, I wouldn't be exactly the same story - he wouldn't know Peter's identity or make him his costume. But the core themes they're tackling are very similar.

That was when we see for the first time [what I think] will be the most iconic version of the Spider-Man outfit anybody has ever seen.
Kevin Feige

5094703-0797144530-280

6TQX8KXl.jpg

03a9BpA.jpg

Nope. :woot:

Kevin Feige said:
That was when we see for the first time [what I think] will be the most iconic version of the Spider-Man outfit anybody has ever seen.

djbtfSr.gif

I've honestly never understood the mad love people have for the Raimi movies.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion (and I'm not going to fight you on it, because as some other can't seem to grasp that's pointless) but you're definitely in the minority here. It's not just nostalgia or rose-colored glasses like people want to claim around here, they're really well-made films and good adaptations of Spider-Man lore.

As good as that scene was there's no way you could write that these days. It's funny seeing just how much some things have changed.

Ha, funny. I think the same thing every time I see the Spider-Man 2 scene where the payphone asks Peter for money and he uses that as a way to vent his secrets without MJ being able to hear him. The closest thing today would be if his cellphone ran out of minutes. :hehe:

Never thought I'd see a Peter Parker wearing Jordan 1s.

Remix the famous Michael Jordan quote....

"Superheros wear Jordan's too"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As a huge basketball fan/somewhat sneakerhead/big comic nerd, it's a pleasure to see several passions collide right here. :hehe:

^ :up: :funny: Peter Parker with Jordans! (although I'm wondering how he could've afforded it?)

5094703-0797144530-280

6TQX8KXl.jpg

03a9BpA.jpg

Nope. :woot:
That third one is beautiful :hmr: I want that without the raised webbing. Literally looks like a Romita-Ross painting from the comics. Hopefully they go back to that design in the near future, a simple version of that would be iconic.

But lol at Feige thinking the Iron Man suit Peter is wearing will be the most iconic to date. :funny:

Last edited:
Guys, Tom is definitely dressed as himself there with a backpack thrown on. So not fully Parker's wear.

Can never see how one could hate on the raimi films. It was 100 % accurate and to some it may be cheesy now but damn when those films came out during the wake of superhetmovie train they were and always will be classics. Hell spiderman 3 had the biggest hype I've ever seen for a superhero movie bigger than even avengers I'd argue. The hype leading up to the movie and all the speculation was insane and great times.

Music really carries those films. Elfman's score was something else, and Raimi knew how to do a shot, and of course, JJJ. Comedy gold to this day, best casting of any super hero film ever. Much like Heath did to the Joker, he inadvertently killed that role from ever going back onto the big screen because they just set the bar far, far too high for anybody to ever come close to that perfection again.
He was great, but I wish they did more with him.

Hi. Here to tease us again?

Just to say to expect to be VERY pleased. Regardless of harryoscop and some might say around here, expect the high praise for comic book films to continue. :ilv:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"