Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 112

Status
Not open for further replies.
The months after 9/11 were truly amazing here how everyone came together. I dunno if you're a sports fan, but my Yankees in that World Series (even though we lost) was such a huge healing factor. Especially for me. Those games we won at home were incredible. Games 3-5. :hrt:

Those games were amazing. It still breaks my heart that they lost that series, but having those three games at home were everything.

My favorite NY moment from that day was late in the afternoon on 9/11...I stopped at Duane Reade in midtown. The cashier was ringing me up and the manager came over that they got word that they could close early, but they were going to be open the next day. He wanted to make sure she could come in.

She looked at him like he was crazy, and said yes, of course she’d be in. Then she looked at me and said, “We’re still here, right?”

I’ll never forget that. Yes, we’re definitely still here. :up:

About a hour and 50 minutes in till I see this with a friend and my mom. Eating dinner and then headed out to theater. The theater I go to is around 35 minutes from me.

Those games were amazing. It still breaks my heart that they lost that series, but having those three games at home were everything.

My favorite NY moment from that day was late in the afternoon on 9/11...I stopped at Duane Reade in midtown. The cashier was ringing me up and the manager came over that they got word that they could close early, but they were going to be open the next day. He wanted to make sure she could come in.

She looked at him like he was crazy, and said yes, of course she’d be in. Then she looked at me and said, “We’re still here, right?”

I’ll never forget that. Yes, we’re definitely still here. :up:

It breaks my heart they lost as well, but we will always have those 3 games. I had to be 14/15 at the time and remember watching those games on tv with my family and going ansolutely nuts.

Moments like that which you spoke of are just beautiful, New Yorkers baby. We are strong :hrt:

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/162726377484

Untitled-10fab5.gif

Seeing Spidey return to cinematic glory was a godsend only the MCU could have done, and Tom Holland is the best Spidey ever! Man is Spidey back where he belongs, on top!

Sounds like we just missed each other! I've been there a few times. It's where they had the Days of Future Past fan screening a few years ago. The Alamo being all the way in Brooklyn wreaks havoc with my commute, but I'm hoping to get there someday.
It's a really nice theatre. But if you're anywhere other than brooklyn it can be a trek. I have learned the commute times well. My girlfriend lives up in Washington Heights, and to get from her place to mine in BK is about an hour and fifteen on the train :/

Saw Spider-man Homecoming earlier today and loved it. Tom Holland is the best Spider-man yet, and I Loved Michael Keaton as the Vulture. His grievance made him relatable, but he is one scary villain. It was a perfect mix of comedy action and great story telling. Can't wait to go see it again.

Surfer

Still can't put my finger on which hero will be joining Spider-Man in the sequel. None seem to really fit

I think Tom had an idea involving Ant Man which I absolutely loved, he's not as big as Iron Man, Cap or Thor but I think he'd work really well. Like he said, just imagine a tiny Spider-Man.

I think Tom had an idea involving Ant Man which I absolutely loved, he's not as big as Iron Man, Cap or Thor but I think he'd work really well. Like he said, just imagine a tiny Spider-Man.

Spider-Man: A Bug's Life

I'd really like to see Spider-Man cameo in the Ant-Man sequel. After Infinity War and the old guard retires, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Guardians, Ant-Man and Captain Marvel will be the big guns of the MCU for Phase 4. Hopefully we can get Fantastic Four back.

I thought this was great, and probably the funniest Marvel movie. My draw dropped at a few unexpected homages/reveals. Definitely gonna try to see it again.

I thought there was too much Karen/techy stuff near the middle though, even though the point was that Peter started to become too overreliant on that stuff.

I was trying so hard not to bump the dude next to me with my reactions. My friends were loud enough already lol.

I'd really like to see Spider-Man cameo in the Ant-Man sequel. After Infinity War and the old guard retires, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Guardians, Ant-Man and Captain Marvel will be the big guns of the MCU for Phase 4. Hopefully we can get Fantastic Four back.

MCU's version of Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, The Thing, Mr. Fantastic... :hmr:

Still can't put my finger on which hero will be joining Spider-Man in the sequel. None seem to really fit
I think they will let him carry the movie alone. The cameos will probably be at the start if the movie takes place right after Avengers.

So I was just at Coney Island for the fireworks on the 4th. [BLACKOUT]Glad to see they repaired the parachute jump so quickly[/BLACKOUT] :cwink:

Save

Feige needs to make it happen. There's really nothing Fox could do with those characters anymore.

I was definitely surprised at how much I liked this movie and I'm not a big Spider-Man fan. Marvel really hit a homerun here. I went back and watched all the Maguire films and currently in the middle of the Garfield films. The Maguire films holdup really well (minus sm3). The Garfield versions are absolute toilet water. This has me asking the question, how in the hell does Marvel continue to hit that bullseye with their movies??? We all know DCs struggles, Sony's issues, and Fox has had their share of stinkers. Absolutely amazing run by Marvel....

I was definitely surprised at how much I liked this movie and I'm not a big Spider-Man fan. Marvel really hit a homerun here. I went back and watched all the Maguire films and currently in the middle of the Garfield films. The Maguire films holdup really well (minus sm3). The Garfield versions are absolute toilet water. This has me asking the question, how in the hell does Marvel continue to hit that bullseye with their movies??? We all know DCs struggles, Sony's issues, and Fox has had their share of stinkers. Absolutely amazing run by Marvel....

Feige. A monster amongst men.

Feige. A monster amongst men.

You might be right. Maybe he should start doing cameos after Stan Lee moves onto the next astral plane. He's gotta be as influential as Stan the Man....

I've got the biggest, dumbest grin on my face right now. I had a LOT of misgivings towards the release date, but after seeing the movie I'm in bliss. This corner of the MCU has such a friggin' bright future, it's gonna be confused with a shining star.

I think my only complaint that stuck was:

I think there could have been some stronger references to Ben, but dang, after seeing Peter suddenly just start to waver when talking to Ned, I think he and May are still too raw. Plus, this is the first movie in a new franchise and with the events of this film, I bet the sequels will have him thinking strongly about family, loss, and the affects of it all in a much more intimate way, so he'll have to face them head on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"