Daredevil New York bulletin ---> Daily Bugle. All things Spiderman (possible spoilers)

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
So I'm guessing that the filming of Daredevil took place after the sony disney deal. In the comics, Ben Urich worked for the Bugle. So hypothetically, if it happened earlier and before Daredevil began shooting, it would've just been the Daily Bugle that had the FBI & police raid in the end.

But, since that wasn't the case and things happened the way it did in daredevil, is there a chance that after being exposed of corruption, the bulletin will melt, and the daily bugle will be the new important newspaper in daredevil?

and I can use this as a segue to talk about spiderman. Now all this time spiderman was not mentioned in the mcu because of sony, but now that the deal has happened, we have to believe that spiderman has been bitten a few years ago and has been operating as a superhero for an undisclosed amount of time and for some reason has not been heard of. and now thanks to the deal, he's going to be heard of and he operates mostly right there in manhattan.

i don't know how much of the island hell's kitchen takes up, but I'm sure spiderman has done his fighting there as well as elsewhere on the island. Whoever spiderman turns out to be [BLACKOUT]hopefully o'brien[/BLACKOUT] i'd really like to see him interact on some level with cox.

1. Shouln't have metioned O'Brien. That may push away alot of people.2. Since Kingpin is in this it's obvious the Spider-Man connection will come sooner or later so I'd love to see the Daily Bugle.
-On the note of that, it'd be nice to see less flashy Spider-Man villains like Hammerhead, The Enforcers and Tombstone appear on Daredevil first to establish the connection.
3. If the Daily Bugle is introduced I hope they don't only focus on Jameson. But show him atleast once, for the most part I'd like to see the lower downs in the staff like Betty Brant and Robbie be main characters. Also they cost less as they aren't major Spidey characters like Jameson.
4. If anything else I'd like to see a few references to Spidey in the paper. Or maybe something like Daredevil finsing a criminal he comes after webbed up with the classic note.

5. If there is ever a crossover. I'd rather Spider-Man not appear in a Daredevil episode, or Daredevil in a Spider-Man film. But instead make it it's own film "Daredevil and Spider-Man" so it can focus on both characters without feeling like it's more about one than the other. And they don't ruin the tone of DD by setting him in the tone of the SM film or ruin the tone of SM by setting him in the tone of a DD episode.

That's really all I have to say.

1. Shouln't have metioned O'Brien. That may push away alot of people.2. Since Kingpin is in this it's obvious the Spider-Man connection will come sooner or later so I'd love to see the Daily Bugle.
-On the note of that, it'd be nice to see less flashy Spider-Man villains like Hammerhead, The Enforcers and Tombstone appear on Daredevil first to establish the connection.
3. If the Daily Bugle is introduced I hope they don't only focus on Jameson. But show him atleast once, for the most part I'd like to see the lower downs in the staff like Betty Brant and Robbie be main characters. Also they cost less as they aren't major Spidey characters like Jameson.
4. If anything else I'd like to see a few references to Spidey in the paper. Or maybe something like Daredevil finsing a criminal he comes after webbed up with the classic note.

5. If there is ever a crossover. I'd rather Spider-Man not appear in a Daredevil episode, or Daredevil in a Spider-Man film. But instead make it it's own film "Daredevil and Spider-Man" so it can focus on both characters without feeling like it's more about one than the other. And they don't ruin the tone of DD by setting him in the tone of the SM film or ruin the tone of SM by setting him in the tone of a DD episode.

That's really all I have to say.
1. it's pretty stupid of someone to skip out on the discussion in this thread just because i mentioned my preferred actor pick.

2. well again, i'm pretty sure that this series was made before the sony disney deal and kingpin was a part of the story so just because he's there does not guarantee spiderman will be a part of the story. i hope it does though. for spiderman to encounter kingpin on his own separately from his encounter with daredevil.

3. this is assuming that the plot point I presented will actually happen in the daredevil story.

4. that would be the tip of the iceberg, before the two superheroes really get acquainted and team up.

5. I was thinking about that, but then again, we have cap3 which is shaping up to be not a cap movie but an avengers movie in terms of all the characters showing up who will probably be main characters.

1. Understood, just some people seem to be getting annoyed at all the hype for that specific actor(check my sig) and I don't want anyone starting an argument or flame war over it.

2. I'd assume Marvel had a plan either way. Whenever the deal was made. So in any case they can find a connection for Kingpin and Spider-Man.

3. Yeah.

4. Good point. Brace yourself for Five.

5. Captain America: Civil War is just that Captain America dealing with Civil War. Every other character that appears is second to and beneath Capatian America. Not an Avengers film but just a film that has Avengers characters and not even all of the Avengers characters. It is a Captain America film hence the title starting with Captain America. Period.

But I do see what you're getting at. They could pull off an episode of Daredevil with Spider-Man in it. They could also pull off a Spider-Man movie with Daredevil in it. I'd be happy with either. But I'm just stating my personal preference would be a movie that's it's own seperate thing focusing on Spider-Man and Daredevil.

1. Understood, just some people seem to be getting annoyed at all the hype for that specific actor(check my sig) and I don't want anyone starting an argument or flame war over it.

2. I'd assume Marvel had a plan either way. Whenever the deal was made. So in any case they can find a connection for Kingpin and Spider-Man.

3. Yeah.

4. Good point. Brace yourself for Five.

5. Captain America: Civil War is just that Captain America dealing with Civil War. Every other character that appears is second to and beneath Capatian America. Not an Avengers film but just a film that has Avengers characters and not even all of the Avengers characters. It is a Captain America film hence the title starting with Captain America. Period.

But I do see what you're getting at. They could pull off an episode of Daredevil with Spider-Man in it. They could also pull off a Spider-Man movie with Daredevil in it. I'd be happy with either. But I'm just stating my personal preference would be a movie that's it's own seperate thing focusing on Spider-Man and Daredevil.
1. honestly, people shouldn't take it as an annoyance. it's not like it's been pretty much announced, it's all still just rumors and if a lot of people want it, i think it's just telling of the confidence in the actor. good to know you're a believer in him too :up:

2. true, marvel did have a backup script for cap3 but the difference here is that cap3 just started filming, and daredevil season 1 is over. so whatever plans they have, they might've had to alter them a little bit already because the first part to the daredevil/kingpin story has been told.

3. so to continue on what you said you wanted, i'm sure however they do it they'll figure everything out with screen time and stuff. ben urich didn't hog the screen but he was definitely a main character, by all means. and the daily bugle is still mostly a spiderman thing anyway.

4. OK

5. with your first paragraph, yes that is the way it is supposed to be, but this is a marvel "solo" film with a whole bunch of other main marvel characters being a part of the story with more than just cameo roles. so even though they gave it the title captain america and the subtitle civil war, I feel like it would've just been better to call it Marvel's Civil War. was the civil war even considered a captain america story in the comics with other superheroes? I thought it was supposed to be a massive crossover story, not predominantly a cap story like the winter soldier was.

I'd prefer the first thing you mentioned: a daredevil episode with spiderman in it. that would be a godo way to show that in the island of manhattan lies more than one vigilante with superpowers, and that while they team up and love fighting together, they still do their own things.

as for daredevil showing up in spiderman's film, yes that would be cool too but as of now, we're still a whole 2 years away from the reboot and daredevil himself who's had his own story told with the first season of the netflix show, hasn't had his onscreen debut yet which again, could be in cap3. right now I feel like if they do a spidey/daredevil thing too much like an episode and a team up movie after the reboot it may feel a bit played out, but who knows. we'll see.

dunno who that last guy is
tumblr_ma5uo9dAHi1r4ljtso1_500.png

I'd have a brief mention in season 2 saying that the Daily Bugle bought the New York Bulletin.

I'd have a brief mention in season 2 saying that the Daily Bugle bought the New York Bulletin.
hey, that works.

maybe some flashbacks of urich talking to spiderman? that could just work in his reboot though. it would make sense, given the spidey photo in his apartment.

2. Since Kingpin is in this it's obvious the Spider-Man connection will come sooner or later so I'd love to see the Daily Bugle.

Agree! I would love to see the enforcers, hammerhead, especially tombstone who could be equally as scary as kingpin due to his amazing strength! I really hope they bring these noir/gangster type villains into the series!

hey, that works.

maybe some flashbacks of urich talking to spiderman? that could just work in his reboot though. it would make sense, given the spidey photo in his apartment.

I don't know why but I think that wouldn't be a good idea. They're not gonna have Urich meet Spider-Man just for the sake of having a small connection between the two characters.

Is it just me or, thanks to Daredevil, whenever I see Charlie Cox now, whether it be in a photo or interview, I always think that he looks blind hahaha

I don't know why but I think that wouldn't be a good idea. They're not gonna have Urich meet Spider-Man just for the sake of having a small connection between the two characters.
didn't urich & spiderman have a relationship in the comics? this is reinforced with the fact that there was a photo of him in his apartment.
Is it just me or, thanks to Daredevil, whenever I see Charlie Cox now, whether it be in a photo or interview, I always think that he looks blind hahaha
maybe that's why marvel casted him :word:

Sam Elliott should play J. Jonah Jameson

Hard to imagine a New Yorker like Jameson with that drawl. I still want Simmons.
same.

also...kevin feige said "never say never" on spidey appearing but that doesn't sound promising to me.

I think the chance of Spidey showing up in any of the netflix or the ABC series is incredibly slim, at least anytime soon. I recall in an interview that the deal with Sony only talked about the films not about television. I think if Spidey is really well received in Civil War it will make the chances of him appearing elsewhere better. Sony has to be able to see the benefit of promoting the character like that, they'd probably would want some cut of the profits as well. Which may make Marvel TV think twice about it. In any case I doubt they would have it happen before his own solo film, they wouldn't want to spoil his debut. Though they could look at it as something to promote the film. While I do think it's likely for him to be referenced just like the Avengers. So don't expect him to show up anytime before 2017.

However I think supporting characters as well as businesses like Daily Bugle, Oscorp, etc could easily show up. I like the idea that the Daily Bugle evolved for the 21st century and isn't just a newspaper but a multimedia platform for the news, and perhaps they buy out the Bulletin.

I think the chance of Spidey showing up in any of the netflix or the ABC series is incredibly slim, at least anytime soon. I recall in an interview that the deal with Sony only talked about the films not about television. I think if Spidey is really well received in Civil War it will make the chances of him appearing elsewhere better. Sony has to be able to see the benefit of promoting the character like that, they'd probably would want some cut of the profits as well. Which may make Marvel TV think twice about it. In any case I doubt they would have it happen before his own solo film, they wouldn't want to spoil his debut. Though they could look at it as something to promote the film. While I do think it's likely for him to be referenced just like the Avengers. So don't expect him to show up anytime before 2017.

However I think supporting characters as well as businesses like Daily Bugle, Oscorp, etc could easily show up. I like the idea that the Daily Bugle evolved for the 21st century and isn't just a newspaper but a multimedia platform for the news, and perhaps they buy out the Bulletin.

would be great to see him in it, sony have motive to let him out to play. small appearances have the effect of product placement. Picking up the pieces of the battle of new york advertises the films, creel getting name dropped aos. Its subtle and is portrayed as world building but from a marketing point of view its advertising. from comments and looking at the 1st daredevil and the spat this year about couslon in the films they appear to want to keep mentions as subtle as possible. For the sake of stories in the long run we will probably thank them for that.

realist in me would agree with you sony will limit his involvement to the least which we have probably already heard in antman. The optimist in me at the most would expect something as subtle as the mention in antman in daredevil and aos prior to civil war, create the feeling that he is out there, no origin story for this spiderman. a he is out there effect could help the story would be great to have more but a mid point might also be possible.

would be great to see him in it, sony have motive to let him out to play. small appearances have the effect of product placement. Picking up the pieces of the battle of new york advertises the films, creel getting name dropped aos. Its subtle and is portrayed as world building but from a marketing point of view its advertising. from comments and looking at the 1st daredevil and the spat this year about couslon in the films they appear to want to keep mentions as subtle as possible. For the sake of stories in the long run we will probably thank them for that.

realist in me would agree with you sony will limit his involvement to the least which we have probably already heard in antman. The optimist in me at the most would expect something as subtle as the mention in antman in daredevil and aos prior to civil war, create the feeling that he is out there, no origin story for this spiderman. a he is out there effect could help the story would be great to have more but a mid point might also be possible.
It'll all come down to the performance of the next Spider-man, if his appearance in CW is well received and the next Spidey is very successful. If it's reception is only luke warm it will be much harder to convince Sony to allow more appearances. The realist in me is pretty optimistic that film will be great and Sony can see the possibilities. My point is that either way, a tv cameo won't happen until 2017, after that who knows?

what are the chances of matt murdock or charlie cox showing up in spidey 2017?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"