The Amazing Spider-Man They are probably saving the Daily Bugle because...

iGiFF

Civilian
Reaction score
My theory of why they decided not to have the Daily Bugle in this movie is that they can focus on the Connors/Lizard storyline, Peter/Gwen, Spider-Man vs The Cops and of course the high school drama. I would not blame them for getting rid of the Bugle for this movie, it is not really necessary yet. I dont know, but I kind of think that one of the reasons they decided to save the Daily Bugle for a sequel is so they can make more movies from this franchise.

Emma Stone said herself that she is signed to a few movies, which suggests they want to go over a trilogy with this series and even with the original Raimi franchise they intended to have six movies total, maybe even seven. Saving important aspects like the DB and even Harry/Norman (assumingly) for sequels makes it easier to make more then a trilogy. Just my two cents...

Sounds like you're just making excuses for them removing the best supporting characters Spider-Man has.

I agree with Ferret. It's amazing you guys aren't in an uproar about this.

How is Peter supposed to make money? The Bugle and Jameson are necessary as it adds the nice touch of Peter selling out his alter ego for bad press just to make a living.

Unless they're replacing Jameson....:o
Wow. They could. Kind of like how Gordon wasn't commissioner in the first Batman.

I agree with Ferret. It's amazing you guys aren't in an uproar about this.

How is Peter supposed to make money? The Bugle and Jameson are necessary as it adds the nice touch of Peter selling out his alter ego for bad press just to make a living.

Unless they're replacing Jameson....:o
Wow. They could. Kind of like how Gordon wasn't commissioner in the first Batman.

Well the reason im not in uproar over this is because this is a movie franchise. This is the first of many movies to come in this series, so I dont mind the absence of JJJ and the Bugle since they will come eventually, and it is not a big deal that Peter wont have a job in this. He does not need one just yet, he is only in high school.

Maybe it just doesn't have a place in the story they're trying to tell. I suppose they could always shoehorn an unneeded character in to please the fans, right? It's not like it would harm the film, eh?

Well the reason im not in uproar over this is because this is a movie franchise. This is the first of many movies to come in this series, so I dont mind the absence of JJJ and the Bugle since they will come eventually, and it is not a big deal that Peter wont have a job in this. He does not need one just yet, he is only in high school.

If by chance this movie bombs, there will be no franchise. I don't even think it looks good yet myself.

If Peter doesn't have a job, and if Uncle Ben is dead, and he lives with his jobless Aunt, where's the money coming in? Will there be any suffering or is it just going to be all "everything's fine" until a possible SM2?
Peter had to get a job at age 15 in Ultimate Spider-Man. It's better that way, as you feel like he's becoming responsible and choosing his actions for the good of himself and those around him.

Maybe it just doesn't have a place in the story they're trying to tell. I suppose they could always shoehorn an unneeded character in to please the fans, right? It's not like it would harm the film, eh?

Exactly. Sure, they could throw the Bugle in there just because it is an important part of the mythos but at the same token if it does not have a place in this particular story then why throw it out there yet? They have plenty of sequels that can introduce the Bugle, and in a way, I quite like the idea of getting to see Peter develop through these films before inevitably meeting up with JJ and the Bugle.

But the Daily Bugle is in the movie, I'm pretty sure there was a few set pictures of a Daily Bugle van?

Hell, the link on the van "www.thedailybugle.com" redirects you to a comic con thingy.

lol.

Considering that I'm not a fan of anything this movie has done thus far, I'm upset that not only is the Bugle staff not in this, but that the film has been constructed to a point that they're not needed.

Precisely.

That's how we end up with crappy movies people. We'll probably get him in a sequel anyway.

If by chance this movie bombs, there will be no franchise. I don't even think it looks good yet myself.

If Peter doesn't have a job, and if Uncle Ben is dead, and he lives with his jobless Aunt, where's the money coming in? Will there be any suffering or is it just going to be all "everything's fine" until a possible SM2?
Peter had to get a job at age 15 in Ultimate Spider-Man. It's better that way, as you feel like he's becoming responsible and choosing his actions for the good of himself and those around him.

Well if the movie bombs, then it really wont matter as much if the Bugle is in the movie or not. I kind of agree with what you are saying in regards to Aunt May being jobless, but then again in this movie she might work if they go the younger route (which seems to be the case with Field), but it is also kind of worth considering that Peter might be working as a lab assistant in this movie to Doc Connors. There you go, he is working.

^ Has there like, been any confirmation that the staff will not be in this movie..? :S

BTW, is it confirmed anywhere that JJJ isn't in this movie?

But the Daily Bugle is in the movie, I'm pretty sure there was a few set pictures of a Daily Bugle van?

Hell, the link on the van "www.thedailybugle.com" redirects you to a comic con thingy.

lol.

But to what extent? Of course the Bugle is going to be a partof this world, but in this film, with the news we've had, it doesn't look to be a forefront character.

Considering that I'm not a fan of anything this movie has done thus far, I'm upset that not only is the Bugle staff not in this, but that the film has been constructed to a point that they're not needed.

Each to their own. I do like the Bugle aspect of the Spideyverse, but they can't include all aspects into the one film. If we see the character of Pete develop then hopefully we will see the growing need for him to actively go to the Bugle for his job. There are worse things they could leave out and I don't see this as a very big deal.

Has it been considered by anyone that Peter might be working as a lab assistant to Dr. Connors in this movie? That would be a good explanation as to why he would not be at the Bugle yet.

That's right, I'm a big Spider-Man fan, and not in uproar about not having Jameson in this FIRST film.

In the TSSM, the first few episodes, didn't Peter work in Connors' lab?

They have Daily Bugle vans spotted on the sets too, which I'm sure would lead to the Daily Bugle / J. Jonah Jameson at some point in the new franchise.

I don't mind them not having JJ in this film, who knows, he may play an integral part in the sequel. Peter could find himself in need of job in the sequel and we'll get to see Peter taking pics of himself as Spider-Man in order to keep income. With as much stuff that's gonna be going on between Spidey, Lizard, Connors himself as well as his family, if JJ was included, he would have been possibly downplayed or just been a brief cameo.

Maybe...Aunt May is too rich for Peter to even think about working?

Lol.

With the economy the way it is, it's probably hard for a teenager to get a job :up:

Guess we'll have to wait until a trailer or the movie itself to find out.

Maybe because Pete isn't in any need for money at the moment. The film may pick up immediately after Uncle Ben's death and him and/or Aunt May simply not in financial need at the moment. So Webb maybe using this opportunity to focus on HS and the supporting cast. Besides, the events in this film may take place just over a few days...weeks or months before he need a job and start freelancing at the Bugle.

People who make up scenarios that they want to happen will only be disappointed.

The Bugle isn't necessary to every single Spider-Man story, idk what the huge deal is. Yes JJJ is a great character, but so is Mary Jane and she's not in this film.

The great thing about Spider-Man is that he has a rich collection of characters. I don't want a film trying to crowd them all in at once. Let this first room give it's new characters some space to breath and develop and introduce the Bugle Staff and the Osborns and MJ in teh sequel

He's going to need some money to make some new batches of web fluid eventually. I wonder when it'll hit him he needs a job?

But do we know that the Bugle or its staff won't be in this movie? We just know that Jameson wont be in this one but surely Parker can communicate with Robbie or anyone else at the bugle for that matter.

I am a little bothered that Jameson isnt in it but I'm happy with most of the things I've seen and read about this project for that one flaw to stop me from seeing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"