Daredevil New York bulletin ---> Daily Bugle. All things Spiderman (possible spoilers)

And even if they were gonna cross them over, they sure as heck would not be putting Spider-Man of all people in a show that has a reputation for being dark and not for kids.
Basically :p

As others have already pointed out, this isn't going to happen and it doesn't really need to, tbh.

[YT]uuL6cJPz3Nk[/YT]

You know that's not and probably never going to happen, right? So long as Marvel Studios and Marvel TV have beef with each other, and maybe even after that, you won't see characters from films appearing in Netflix shows. Heck, even the ones who appeared in SHIELD were just the likes of Sif, Fury, Maria Hill, and some others.

It's not a beef. It's logistics, contracts, money, availability, multiple studios involvement, creative direction, etc., etc., etc. Basically, it can be a major headache depending on circumstances. But the great thing about the MCU is that while it may be difficult it's still possible. It just whether the show runner wants him, the producers can make the budget work, and both Sony and Tom agree to do it. None of those are guaranteed to be on board. But maybe the stars will align.

It's not a beef. It's logistics, contracts, money, availability, multiple studios involvement, creative direction, etc., etc., etc. Basically, it can be a major headache depending on circumstances. But the great thing about the MCU is that while it may be difficult it's still possible. It just whether the show runner wants him, the producers can make the budget work, and both Sony and Tom agree to do it. None of those are guaranteed to be on board. But maybe the stars will align.

Pretty sure there's enough proof of the divide between Ike Perlmutter and Kevin Feige to show that there's at least some semblance of a beef between the film and TV division, even if it boils down to just those two.

Heck, Downey Jr. has said he'd like to be on SHIELD, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, even though the show runners know that would be a boost. I'm sure if they can make room for Fury and Maria Hill to show up, Stark would be a cinch, but part of the issue is the issues between the higher-ups at Marvel Studios and Marvel Television.

Pretty sure there's enough proof of the divide between Ike Perlmutter and Kevin Feige to show that there's at least some semblance of a beef between the film and TV division, even if it boils down to just those two.

Heck, Downey Jr. has said he'd like to be on SHIELD, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, even though the show runners know that would be a boost. I'm sure if they can make room for Fury and Maria Hill to show up, Stark would be a cinch, but part of the issue is the issues between the higher-ups at Marvel Studios and Marvel Television.

The rift between Perlmutter and Fiege was more over financial stuff concerning Marvel Studios and had nothing to do with Marvel Television. The only difference between Studios and Television is that Jeph Leob still answers to Perlmutter for things like budget and creative approval. And while Perlmutter is definitely the vindictive type I don't think he would disapprove a chance at a huge promotion to the television department, unless it would cost too much (the man is a penny pincher) Specially when AoS is rumored to have ratings/budget ratio problems and with Most Wanted and Agent Carter getting the axe.

I mean Fury and Hill most likely don't show up anymore because both actors are too busy with other products and both probably weren't interested in staying with the job as a regular cast member. I find it far more likely that Samuel L Jackson simply said "no" to returning than Perlmutter throwing a hissy-fit. And Yes Robert Downy Jr did say he wouldn't mind being on AoS, but he never said how much they would have to pay. And as I mentioned AoS has a very high budget but only modest ratings and if you're producer on that show and someone says "Hey we can get RDJ for three scenes but it'll feels really forced and cost 1/8 of you budget" they might think that money would serve the series better by sprucing up the effects or have a cool set piece. it's a cost/benefit analysis thing, yes you'll get a momentary boost but the rest of the episodes will suffer from the lack on financing and any boost you may get will soon dwindle.

I just think the whole "rift" or "bad blood" thing between Studios and Television is imaginary. Just a theory to explain why there's not much cross-media guest appearances in a shared universe when I feel that budgets, availability, and contracts are a far more likely to blame.

I also get the feeling that a lot of the showrunners understand that in order for these shows to succeed they have to rely more on their own than using crossover as a crutch.

I don't think the issue with Daredevil being dark is the issue. One episode doesn't need to be as dark as the rest. Spider-Man and Daredevil has crossed over in comics before. They could make it work. They have good writers.

To not do this at all would feel like a missed opportunity.

I don't think the issue with Daredevil being dark is the issue.

It is. Marvel does't want kids watching the Netflix shows. When the Lego Avegers game came out, despite it being a big celebration of the MCU (complete with DLC packs for Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter), the creators were told not to put in anything from the Netflix series. Ditto for Disney Infinity, with the game's VP flat out saying they were told they weren't allowed to include Daredevil or Jessica Jones (this is before Luke Cage was out) because the game was aimed at a general audience while the Netflix shows are aimed squarely at adults.

Marvel doesn't want Little Timmy getting traumatized because he saw Spider-Man was gonna be in Daredevil and then witnessed some guy get his head smashed in with a tire iron or Elektra stabbing someone's eye out with a sai.

Like others have said there are already a host of other reasons the TV and movie divisions haven't crossed over, but Spider-Man is the one you're absolutely not gonna see in a Netflix show.

I don't think the issue with Daredevil being dark is the issue. One episode doesn't need to be as dark as the rest. Spider-Man and Daredevil has crossed over in comics before. They could make it work. They have good writers.

To not do this at all would feel like a missed opportunity.

Your enjoyment of the material isn't impacted by these so-called 'missed opportunities.'

SHIELD characters not showing up in Age of Ultron could be seem as a 'missed opportunity,' even though that show is all but irrelevant in the greater MCU nowadays.
Carol Danvers being Jessica Jones' friend instead of Trish or her dating Scott Lang may have been a 'missed opportunity.'
Having Maria Hill appear in Civil War so she and SHIELD can go at it with Cap could be a 'missed opportunity.'

And in the end, these 'missed opportunities' don't matter in the grand scheme of the MCU because what works in comics doesn't work in movies. Has little to do with the writers. It's the reason you didn't get Hawkeye in Winter Soldier even though that was planned, but despite that, people love that film anyway.

Put me in the "this would be a stupid idea" column. Thematically speaking, you can have Daredevil cross into Spidey's world, but you can't have Spidey cross into Daredevil's world. Its too dark, and too tangential to the stuff Peter is actually good at doing. Seriously, you want to have Spider-man bumble around trying to track down the location of a sex slave operation with his not-detective skills?

This is one of the problems with TV and movies being different mediums. A Spider-Man/Daredevil woul d be done quickly if only Marvel is releasing Daredevil movies.

Put me in the "this would be a stupid idea" column. Thematically speaking, you can have Daredevil cross into Spidey's world, but you can't have Spidey cross into Daredevil's world. Its too dark, and too tangential to the stuff Peter is actually good at doing. Seriously, you want to have Spider-man bumble around trying to track down the location of a sex slave operation with his not-detective skills?

So your argument is they are too different for it to work. That's my argument as to why writers with half an imagination could make it more exciting because of the contrast.

Look it's not happening. Marvel Film and TV are pretty much oil and water at this point anyway.

You can keep saying it's not going to happen, but don't call it a stupid idea.

It happens in the comics all the time and works just fine.

Don't make this like the film situation between Marvel & Fox where fans have unfortunately come to accept we won't see the X-Men with MCU characters, and in turn call the idea of such (a crossover) stupid even though, again, those properties have co-existed in comic history for the last 50 years.

"They don't belong together" is basically what I hear, which is quite saddening.

Last edited:

Don't make this like the film situation between Marvel & Fox where fans have unfortunately come to accept we won't see the X-Men with MCU characters, and in turn call the idea of such (a crossover) stupid even though, again, those properties have co-existed in comic history for the last 50 years.

Television shows and movies don't operate the same way that a comic book does.

I don't think it's impossible, although I don't think it's probable. The issues are beyond television and movie studios. For starters, keep in mind that Sony still has the rights to Spider-Man. Any deal would have to have their approval. Second, Tom Holland would have to be available and willing to film. Then they have to work things out on the Netflix side. Would it fit the story? Do they have the budget for any CGI work? Can they meet Holland's salary requirements?

And the Avengers interact with SHIELD all the time in the comics and yet never appear on the show. Funny, that.

And the Avengers interact with SHIELD all the time in the comics and yet never appear on the show. Funny, that.

Um, that wasn't the point. Did you not read my first sentence? I simply said even if it'll never happen on-screen, the idea works. It has, does & can.

If it hasn't happened then it hasn't happened. But I hate when, because of that, people say the properties are better off being separate. Again like the X-Men & MCU, or even recently people saying the MCU films & Netflix shows should never crossover because of the tonally different outings. Even though that's the point of a shared universe... to have that kind of mixture. People are forgetting that.

"They don't belong together" is basically what I hear, which is quite saddening.

Dude if it was my decision, you would be seeing crossovers every week, hang the budget. SHIELD and Coulson already would've checked in with Daredevil by now and told him they are keeping an eye on him. SHIELD and Coulson would've been the ones to save the day in Age of Ultron instead of random tech dude from The Winter Soldier and Nick Fury coming out of hiding for no reason.

It's not clear who owns the Live action tv rights to spiderman, but even without those political hurdles, we still haven't seen those types of crossovers.

I would love to see it. I would also love to see a mini series (8 episodes) spiderman origin stories set in the MCU. It would be done right, cheaper, and it would avoid the another spiderman origin movie stigma if they were to go the movie route. I would also like to get a proper Hulk origin story in the same realm, and possibly a TIH SE with the new Hulk model, an updated Abomination model, and Ruffallo replacing Norton. It's nice to want things lol

everybody keeps saying it's never gonna happen and I want to just keep on reminding you that that's what everybody said back when everybody wanted spiderman in the mcu.

and now we have spiderman in the mcu.

This isn't a matter of rights reverting. It's about two separate divisions of Marvel having beef with one another and there being no need to have folks from the films appear in the Netflix series outside of satiating some fan's desire.

This isn't a matter of rights reverting. It's about two separate divisions of Marvel having beef with one another and there being no need to have folks from the films appear in the Netflix series outside of satiating some fan's desire.
whatever the matter was, people think it wouldn't happen. and it happened.
Anthony Weiner has better chances at getting elected president in 2020.
you can post hyperbole all day if you want. doesn't change what I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"