• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming Spiderman x Daredevil in the MCU

Ya i said it before too just casue the netflix shows are rated mature. Doesnt mean we couldnt see any of those characters appear in a non mature rated mcu product. Really matt/dd doesnt do anything that would cross over the pg 13 line. And really all you would not see out of punisher or fisk is them swearing all the time and a little less on the gore/blood. Just look at what we see over on shield or in the films for death and killing and what not. There is no reason we couldnt see these characters cross paths some day. And it wouldnt make sense they wouldnt when they are all based in and around the nyc area. Really the only issue is more on scheduling and what not behind the scenes issues that could arise.
maybe it's because of the way you wrote your post, your first sentence ended with a period so i dunno if you were trying to make a point with that. I think having Peter Parker in recurring scenes would be cool, it's Peter Parker, doesn't have to be any action necessarily.

I think there isn't really that much need for since it's still has a Rumor Status.

If they did cross over they would NOT put Spider-Man in the Netflix show. Spidey is their most popular character with children and the Netflix shows are very decidedly aimed at adults. They don't want kids watching it. They even barred the Netflix characters from appearing in Lego Avengers and Disney Infinity despite being in the MCU because they didn't want to risk kids watching Jessica Jones and Daredevil because they saw they're connected to the Avengers.

If they did cross over they would NOT put Spider-Man in the Netflix show. Spidey is their most popular character with children and the Netflix shows are very decidedly aimed at adults. They don't want kids watching it. They even barred the Netflix characters from appearing in Lego Avengers and Disney Infinity despite being in the MCU because they didn't want to risk kids watching Jessica Jones and Daredevil because they saw they're connected to the Avengers.
Jewel (Jessica Jones) and DD are in Lego Avengers:
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVYW6ZQ-3M[/YT]

Not with their netflix costume though.

I think they should just do small easter eggs for the Netflix show in the movie like "Trish talk" on a bus.
Or a old newspaper with Daredevil picture on a wall.
That's easy to do and won't hurt the comprehension of the movie.

Jewel (Jessica Jones) and DD are in Lego Avengers:
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVYW6ZQ-3M[/YT]

Not their MCU counterparts though. That was a specific decision:

"With things like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and even Luke Cage, who I know pops up in that show, he pops up in the game too but takes the form – he’s actually got a LEGO minifig; it’s his Powerman design. So if yeah, if something like that comes round, it’s just too violent then we always revert to the classic comic book version."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/09/why-marvel-lego-avengers-doesnt-feature-netflixs-daredevil

Then there was this for Disney Infinity:

“Jessica Jones, in particular, is a super adult Netflix show that Marvel did,” said John Vigniocchi, Disney Infinity’s VP of Production, at a recent Marvel Battlegrounds preview event at the Disney Interactive offices. “So when we went and talked to Marvel, they were like ‘look, our priority is to bring more kids into Marvel at a younger age and we’d like Disney Infinity as a vehicle to do that.’ So when we talk about characters like The Punisher, and Daredevil, and Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage, what happens is if a kid comes into Disney Infinity and plays with these characters they can be like ‘I’m really interested in learning more about this character.’

“Now they go see the TV show and all of the sudden, we were the vehicle to introduce them to this hyper-violent character,” Vigniocchi said. “Imagine if we had Deadpool and the kid is like ‘I want to see the movie!’ If you’ve seen it, you know in the first 10 minutes, it’s like ‘oh my God!’ and you don’t want anyone under the age of 13 to see that.”
http://www.gamecrate.com/why-we-won...-jones-and-other-heroes-disney-infinity/13034

Not their MCU counterparts though. That was a specific decision:
I know this what I wrote:
Not with their netflix costume though.

I just said that these characters were in the game.

To see them in their netflix costume there is the game Marvel Future Fight:
MFF_v170_Image_0.jpg

And also the game Marvel Contest of Champions:
latest

And I also don't think that they should be in the movie.
Just small easter eggs for contuinity at least since they are the same city.

Last edited:
this has been established in the thread already. I think Peter Parker could still show up as a guest character in season 3, I don't see the harm there. And they could keep it a secret just like they kept kingpin a secret for season 2

It would be awesome to see Spidey with DD and believe you me it'll happen. One Day. And when I see it you can bet your sweet ass we'll all love it.

5fTlyYu.jpg

I think Peter Parker could still show up as a guest character in season 3, I don't see the harm there.

He won't. People kept thinking Paul Rudd would do a guest arc in Jessica Jones because he dated Jess in the comics, and look how that turned out.

5fTlyYu.jpg

He won't. People kept thinking Paul Rudd would do a guest arc in Jessica Jones because he dated Jess in the comics, and look how that turned out.

People kept thinking Spider-Man would never be in the MCU. Look how that turned out.

People kept thinking Spider-Man would never be in the MCU.

That's because Marvel is smart and wanted their most popular character for their big flagship film division. Daredevil is less of a priority.

It'd be more suited for Spidey to appear in DD if the nature of the shows and the connections with the character(s) really are a concern. You don't want kids seeing Matt in a Spidey film, intrigued, then going to Netflix only to witness Kingpin slamming Anatoly's head in with his car door repeatedly.

That's not to say I want it that way though. I'd definitely like to see Fisk in Homecoming if he's still imprisoned. He could have a semi-prominent role just pulling strings - give enough screentime to set him up for viewers that haven't seen the series, just make sure the exposition isn't too in-your-face.

I was just watching the scene from season 2 where Matt visits Fisk in prison. That entire scene would have been perfect for Homecoming, save the obvious swapping of characters within the context of that visit.

Toomes or whoever the villain of Homecoming [is] would basically take Punisher's role in 2x08/9. Fisk breaks him out, setting up the 3rd act, but first we get a Matt cameo. Again, this would basically be a replay of their scene in 2x09. Get a bit of exposition on Matt - once again for non-viewers of the series, he calls Fisk out on his **** and... Well, then what happened after that. Lol.

That's because Marvel is smart and wanted their most popular character for their big flagship film division. Daredevil is less of a priority.
no, it has nothing to do with that. marvel/disney is smart sure, but it's because they have a good relationship with sony. they had to go through sony to share spiderman.

and my point was, most people back in the day said it would never happen.

no, it has nothing to do with that.

Spider-Man is their most popular character with kids. Even if the movies and the Netflix shows weren't almost completely divorced from one another, they still wouldn't be putting Spider-Man in a gritty, adult-oriented show like Daredevil.

It's not happening.

Spider-Man is their most popular character with kids.
again, that's not the point. spiderman cinematically still belongs to sony. they couldn't whatever they imagined with the character until sony gave them the go. i just noticed you didn't even acknowledge the rest of my post.
Even if the movies and the Netflix shows weren't almost completely divorced from one another, they still wouldn't be putting Spider-Man in a gritty, adult-oriented show like Daredevil.
that's not an excuse. Peter Parker could still show up if they find the right story to put it that way.

It's not happening.
lend me your crystal ball will ya? i'd rather see for myself than take your word for it.

i just noticed you didn't even acknowledge the rest of my post.

Because it didn't really matter. Regardless of restrictions, Spider-Man was never gonna be in the Netflix shows.

that's not an excuse.

No, it is. Even the Avengers they have full rights to have not shown up in the Netflix shows in any capacity. Once again, people were convincing themselves we'd get Ant-Man in the Jessica Jones series because he was her boyfriend in the comics. Nothing of the sort happened.

Because it didn't really matter.
Yes it does. The reason we can even have this conversation is because spiderman is now in the MCU thanks to sony and disney being nice to one another.
Regardless of restrictions, Spider-Man was never gonna be in the Netflix shows.
Just like how he was never gonna be in the MCU right?

No, it is. Even the Avengers they have full rights to have not shown up in the Netflix shows in any capacity. Once again, people were convincing themselves we'd get Ant-Man in the Jessica Jones series because he was her boyfriend in the comics. Nothing of the sort happened.
So what? That doesn't mean it's going to be that way from here on out. As far as I'm concerned as a consumer, a movie enthusiast and a hardcore fan of this stuff, it's not an excuse.

Yes it does. The reason we can even have this conversation is because spiderman is now in the MCU thanks to sony and disney being nice to one another.

Once again, nothing at all to do with the Netflix shows.

Just like how he was never gonna be in the MCU right?

Nope because like I said, putting him in their popular, expensive, all-ages movie franchise was always a much more likely prospect. Their dark, serious, adult TV shows that have much smaller budgets? Not a chance.

As far as I'm concerned as a consumer, a movie enthusiast and a hardcore fan of this stuff, it's not an excuse.

That's nice. Marvel clearly seems to disagree.

Once again, nothing at all to do with the Netflix shows.
it has everything to do with the netflix shows because they are MCU, they are Disney.

Nope because like I said, putting him in their popular, expensive, all-ages movie franchise was always a much more likely prospect.
it's the same franchise. it's all the same franchise. the marvel cinematic universe.
Their dark, serious, adult TV shows that have much smaller budgets? Not a chance.
a small budget can accommodate a Peter Parker appearance.

That's nice. Marvel clearly seems to disagree.
i'll ask you again: lend me your crystal ball. i'd rather see the future for myself than take your word for it.

it has everything to do with the netflix shows because they are MCU, they are Disney.

And just like the other Disney MCU movies, it will have nothing to do with the Netflix shows.

it's the same franchise. it's all the same franchise.

Just like Jessica Jones and Ant-Man? Or The Avengers and Agents of SHIELD? :cwink:

And just like the other Disney MCU movies, it will have nothing to do with the Netflix shows.
For the third time now, show me your crystal ball. I'd rather see the future for myself than take your word for it.

Just like Jessica Jones and Ant-Man? Or The Avengers and Agents of SHIELD? :cwink:
Yep. they're all mcu.

Let it go, XB. First it was O'Brien as Spider-Man and now this. :oldrazz:

I'd love to see Daredevil and Spider-Man team-up or cross paths but they're two completely different properties and that's how it'll remain for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"