Daredevil New York bulletin ---> Daily Bugle. All things Spiderman (possible spoilers)

A series? Sure. In a franchise like the MCU where the movies and TV shows have little to no crossover? No.

actors lie because they're told. that's the point.

Or they tell the truth because they're just not in it lol.
Or...they could be lying coz they're told to. Could go either way.

Sound's nice.
That sounds nice to you? You must not be a very cheerful fellow to be around in real life

Or...they could be lying coz they're told to.

Marvel doesn't put TV characters in its movies. An actor playing a TV character says he's not in a movie. Just like how last year we had an actor playing a TV character who said he wasn't in a movie and then gosh golly he wasn't in the movie.

That sounds nice to you?

Yupppp.

Marvel doesn't put TV characters in its movies. An actor playing a TV character says he's not in a movie. Just like how last year we had an actor playing a TV character who said he wasn't in a movie and then gosh golly he wasn't in the movie.
Wasnt Agent Hill on shield? Sif too? I don't watch shield but if those are true then what you're saying is plain false

Yupppp, you must not be a very cheerful fellow to be around in real life

Hill, nick fury, sif and von strucker's right hand man were all on agent's shield before feige and Ike fell out. No movie character has appeared on the show this season.

Wasnt Agent Hill on shield? Sif too? I don't watch shield but if those are true then what you're saying is plain false

Then you didn't read what I said lol. I said Marvel doesn't put TV characters in its movies, which it doesn't. Those are movie characters appearing on TV, and like chamber-music said, even that eventually stopped on AOS and was never a thing on the Netflix shows to begin with.

Yupppp, you must not be a very cheerful fellow to be around in real life

Nah.

Then you didn't read what I said lol. I said Marvel doesn't put TV characters in its movies, which it doesn't. Those are movie characters appearing on TV, and like chamber-music said, even that eventually stopped on AOS and was never a thing on the Netflix shows to begin with.
you're right that they haven't done it, they haven't brought a tv show character onto a movie except vice versa, but just because they haven't done it before doesn't mean it'll never happen in the future.

Hill started off as a movie character, then she was a tv character, then she was a movie character again. Once upon a time people said Spiderman would never be in the MCU.
Then why do you keep tellin me something's good for me even after I tell you it's bad for me :huh:

you're right that they haven't done it, they haven't brought a tv show character onto a movie except vice versa, but just because they haven't done it before doesn't mean it'll never happen in the future.

You're right. It just makes it unlikely given the historic evidence we have.

Then why do you keep tellin me something's good for me even after I tell you it's bad for me :huh:

Because I'm messing with you since you don't seem to get that I'm not interested in changing my icon just because some random poster says he doesn't like it.

You're right. It just makes it unlikely given the historic evidence we have.
history as also shown us not to always expect the expected, because sometimes the unexpected happens
Because I'm messing with you since you don't seem to get that I'm not interested in changing my icon just because some random poster says he doesn't like it.
I never said I didn't like it, I'm saying you're keeping it needlessly small. It's obviously compressed, you can easily just find a bigger sized version of the same one

Still wish that somehow, someway, Spider-Man could've been on Netflix instead as opposed to the big screen.

Damn budget, contract and everything else-differences! :argh:

it's too bad that a mini-series based on Ben Urich (before his death) can't be produced.

Daredevil star Vincent D'Onofrio says he doubts he'll ever be in a Marvel movie as Kingpin

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/da...t-donofrio-interview-marvel-movies-daredevil/

"I would love to switch over to the movies, but I think it's pretty much been said it's not going to happen. Or at least not for a very, very long time. I think [Marvel Studios boss] Kevin Feige explained that, and that's what makes the most sense, he said the film universe is too jam-packed.

"It's hard enough already, and if they keep bringing big characters in that they have to service in the writing, it's not gonna work. They're trying to figure out already how to individualise more and at the same time keep The Avengers going.

"It makes sense not to mix the TV stuff, there's just too many characters."

Last edited:
In case anyone was wondering about Homecoming:
Zero cameos or mentions of Fisk. Or any other TV characters.

Not that it ever would've happened. Save for the SHIELD folks that want the TV characters and storylines validated in the films..

Given that Spider-man lives and operates primarily in Queens, not Hell's Kitchen, and doesn't particularly fight organized crime. . .

It's a shame, Vinny D would be epic in a Spidey film. Marvel TV seems to be full of Ike's tools.

Given that Spider-man lives and operates primarily in Queens, not Hell's Kitchen, and doesn't particularly fight organized crime. . .
I don't think that's true at all. Spiderman operates in Manhattan 90% of the time but as Peter Parker he lives in Queens. Almost all iterations of Spiderman; tv shows, video games, movies that I've seen, this is the case.

Also, Kingpin is one of Spiderman's enemies just like he is Daredevil's, and Kingpin isn't restricted to Hell's Kitchen; that was only the case with DD season 1, so I don't know what you're trying to prove by arguing against the idea

In the movie, Spider-man does in fact operate primarily in Queens. And he does, in fact, show no sign of particularly pursuing organized crime, or having any of the skills necessary to do so.

As for Fisk, the Fisk we actually have in the MCU has no conceivable reason why they would even come into conflict. Why should he care about a hero saving people and stopping street crime and super crooks in a completely different borough of the city than his own turf?

In the movie, Spider-man does in fact operate primarily in Queens. And he does, in fact, show no sign of particularly pursuing organized crime, or having any of the skills necessary to do so.

As for Fisk, the Fisk we actually have in the MCU has no conceivable reason why they would even come into conflict. Why should he care about a hero saving people and stopping street crime and super crooks in a completely different borough of the city than his own turf?

if they want the characters to cross paths they can write a story to make it work, right now they don't so they won't

No, you write the characters in ways consistent with their premise, personality, and past. If this allows for certain stories, then great. If it *doesn't* allow for certain stories, then that means those stories are bad ideas.

And bluntly, your attitude seems to be "I want these stories to happen, a priori, so I will do whatever I can to rationalize why they would make sense". Even if it requires warping and twisting both history and theme in order to do so. Why is it such a horrible thing to admit that "Spidey vs Kingpin" just isn't that worthwhile a story, and there are so many better things to do with both characters?

No, you write the characters in ways consistent with their premise, personality, and past. If this allows for certain stories, then great. If it *doesn't* allow for certain stories, then that means those stories are bad ideas.

And bluntly, your attitude seems to be "I want these stories to happen, a priori, so I will do whatever I can to rationalize why they would make sense". Even if it requires warping and twisting both history and theme in order to do so. Why is it such a horrible thing to admit that "Spidey vs Kingpin" just isn't that worthwhile a story, and there are so many better things to do with both characters?
By that logic, several of the characters are inconsistent....in the past, Bruce Banner had a good relationship with Betty Ross, and that was randomly replaced with Black Widow which does not mesh with personality.

Also, if you're going to start to attack me again personally, then I'll just say that your attitude seems to be a straight sheep of Marvel/Disney; whenever someone has an idea or criticism of something MCU related you're always coming to the defense, i've noticed this in other threads as well.

And to answer your last question: it does not matter since as things are now, spidey and kingpin aren't crossing paths. if that's what you want, you're already getting it so why do you care if other people want to see it happen?

There's really no need to to cross over. It's not like Spider-man needs the material to pad out their run time, vise versa with Daredevil. And for any of these franchises to work they have to be able to stand on their own. After seeing Homecoming it would not make sense to include kingpin or Daredevil, could be too distracting or just unnecessary. Spidey didn't seem to spend that much time in Manhattan, specifically Hells Kitchen and not that late at night so it's very plausible that they never cross paths.

Plus the tones of the netflix shows is very different from Homecoming and you would have to make radical changes to settle the two. Plus Kingpin's plan in the show was to lay low, deal drugs, and buy real estate. That doesn't present much a threat to Spider-man who we'd rather see in an amazing fantastic adventure on the big screen. Also, not to veer too off topic, the Banner/Natasha thing does makes sense since we saw that Banner never consider dating her before the film. Black Widow feels she no longer has red in her ledger and is looking for happiness. Banner rejects the very notion of a relationship due to his condition and believes he cannot have a normal life (which implies he gives up hope of being with Betty) Widow reveals she doesn't want a normal life and that makes him think this could work out and is worth pursuing. But her betrayal by triggering the Hulk at the end cements the idea that even with her he can't just live peacefully.

Another thing you have to remember is there's so much red tape involved in something like that. Netflix is paying for all of the defenders series and they care about exclusivity. They want their platform to be the only place you can see Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, etc. so they don't want to see their major players become secondary characters in Spider-man movie. So unless it's worth their wild they won't allow it. I'm sure marvel may have some stipulation of one film or when the shows end. But they probably don't want to use it to stuff Spidey's reintroduction with even more content and characters. And that's just one of many reasons to put a stop on a crossover. There is so much you can do with Spider-man I'd rather see a new villains, new characters than see Kingpin again only on a bigger screen with less time.

Still I'd like to see more references, I really want Ned to ask Spider-man if he can get Luke Cage's autograph.

Royce Johnson who portrays Brett Mahoney seems confirmed to be back as well. posting here since the character doesn't have his own thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"