NFL - Game On

The Chargers should have been in the playoffs last year if it wasn't for Brandon Staley's boneheaded timeout at the end. Would have loved to have see Herbert against Kansas City for a third time. With Kahlil Mack on the team now, I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a Cincinnati Bengals type run if they make the playoffs.

Name the last team to win a Super Bowl with a mediocre QB. Nick Foles with the Eagles in 2018? But lets face it, an in-his-prime Carson Wentz had carried them all the way to the big game. No, the days of winning a championship without a marquee QB are over. You need to secure that position first, then everything else comes after.
It depends on your definition of mediocre. I could see people ranking Stafford as maybe the 10th best quarterback in the league? If you’ve got a great team you can win with that level of quarterbacking. Even if he’s the seventh best, that puts him at about the 75th percentile. 10th best would put him about at the 67th percentile.

I understand this is just the market now for starting QBs, but holy hell is this just a whole lot of stupid business. Both those deals are terrible, neither guy has shown they're worth that kind of commitment. Especially Murray who still had two years left on his deal.

And those deals are the reason why teams can never keep anyone. Look at Kansas City and Tyreek Hill situation. Mahomes took that massive contract and couldn't afford to keep Hill.

This is why Brady has been so dominant over the years. Take less money and your team can sign key role players for smaller deals.

And those deals are the reason why teams can never keep anyone. Look at Kansas City and Tyreek Hill situation. Mahomes took that massive contract and couldn't afford to keep Hill.

This is why Brady has been so dominant over the years. Take less money and your team can sign key role players for smaller deals.
And marry a hot model who has more money than you and god combined.

I understand this is just the market now for starting QBs, but holy hell is this just a whole lot of stupid business. Both those deals are terrible, neither guy has shown they're worth that kind of commitment. Especially Murray who still had two years left on his deal.

And I thought the Aaron Rodgers deal was terrible. Wow.

it's the next man up thing in the NFL, it's the market unfortunately
QB salaries have gotten absurd, then they complain "I don't have a full team around me" Dude your 25% of the salary cap

Joe Burrow is going to get paid.

The Jets had a nice offseason but young teams with losing track records need to get off to a good start to change the narrative and the negativity. The Jets haven't won a September game since 2018. That was actually Darnold's first pro game. They basically start off every year 0-4 or 1-7.

If they start off bad again, the offseason goodwill is going to quickly fade away.

Last edited:
The Jets had a nice offseason but young teams with losing track records need to get off to a good start to change the narrative and the negativity. The Jets haven't won a September game since 2018. That was actually Darnold's first pro game. They basically start off every year 0-4 or 1-7.

If they start off bad again, the offseason goodwill is going to quickly fade away.

They had a terrific off-season and I think they’re going to be pretty solid this year. That being said they start off with the Ravens, the Browns, and the Bengals. Even without a quarterback, the Browns are going to be a solid team. I wouldn’t give up on the Jets too early if I was a fan; which I’m not. Lol

did tom take less money? or just structure his contracts to get paid later?

i'm fairly certain i read once he will still be collecting checks after retirement

did tom take less money? or just structure his contracts to get paid later?

i'm fairly certain i read once he will still be collecting checks after retirement

I've never read anything like that, but that could be a possibility. After all, the New York Mets and Baltimore Orioles are still paying Bobby Bonilla money. lol He's been retired since 2001.

This is one of the funniest thing I've ever read. How are you going to be the second highest paid player in league history, and have a clause in your contract that explicitly requires you to watch a minimum of four hours of film a week? That's pathetic

Just another reason as to why he isn't worth all the money.

This is one of the funniest thing I've ever read. How are you going to be the second highest paid player in league history, and have a clause in your contract that explicitly requires you to watch a minimum of four hours of film a week? That's pathetic

Just another reason as to why he isn't worth all the money.

Very talented guy but there’s an arm load full of QBs that don’t have his talent that I’d prefer on my team.

They had a terrific off-season and I think they’re going to be pretty solid this year. That being said they start off with the Ravens, the Browns, and the Bengals. Even without a quarterback, the Browns are going to be a solid team. I wouldn’t give up on the Jets too early if I was a fan; which I’m not. Lol

I see you guys are to classy here to state the obvious so let me a Giants fan let u know the "water cooler" talk between Giants and Jets fan

Jets Fans: Daniel Jones sucks
Giants fAns : well your QB is a mother******
Jets : you dam right he is
Giants fans : we exit stage left

lolol

jamarcus russell clause?

If u have to put in language like your talking to a pre teen then maybe that's not the guy to lead your franchise

It's so embarrassing for both parties.

It all depends on their QB. We still don't know who that guy is. They're amassing talent at every other position. But, just like the Browns, it wont mean squat if their QB is a pretender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"