NFL - Game On

Yeah that trading back strategy hasn't worked for them in a while and for the first time in a while the other teams in afc east are actually trying to compete and Buffalo DP'ed them 2x last year
Yeah, I really don't get it. I know guard was a need, but it was a need Bill created by letting Ted Karas walk and unnecessarily trading Shaq Mason. This could've been avoided, but either way you can get good starters in later rounds. You don't take a 26 year old unproven guard first when you have glaring holes on the defensive side of the ball, and when there's a lot of decent defensive players on the board.

I've totally lost all faith in any of the personale and front office decision making this off-season. It really doesn't matter what the rest of the draft looks like.

Yeah, I really don't get it. I know guard was a need, but it was a need Bill created by letting Ted Karas walk and unnecessarily trading Shaq Mason. This could've been avoided, but either way you can get good starters in later rounds. You don't take a 26 year old unproven guard first when you have glaring holes on the defensive side of the ball, and when there's a lot of decent defensive players on the board.

I've totally lost all faith in any of the personale and front office decision making this off-season. It really doesn't matter what the rest of the draft looks like.

one thing i do give them credit for they teach the position better than any organization so the guy will have success

Love what we did once the panthers took the DB i knew we would get what I wanted thought they would go Neal at 5 and the DE at 7. But reports here say they took the DE first cause according to there board it was a big drop off after that Oregon kid (csnt spell his name lol) and Neal was there at 7. Couldn't be happier
Having Ikwonu and Neal on the board at 5 worked out as well as it could have for the G's. Houston taking Stingley (dumb pick BTW) at 3 was key. That being said, I would have taken Ikwonu at 5, but "maybe" they liked Neal better??? The thing is there's no way Carolina takes Kayvon at 6. IF, the G's wanted Neal, then I think they should have just taken him at 5. By taking the Edge rusher (Thibodeaux LOL), they gave Carolina their pick instead of taking their own. It worked out fine and they got 2 really nice players, but it wasn't smart drafting. In fact, given all of the holes the G's have to fill, I would have traded down, gotten some picks, and drafted Jermaine Johnson; who I think might end up being better than Kayvon. (bruh.....learn to spell his name.....he's on your team. LOL).

Speaking of Johnson, the Jets absolutely KILLED it in round 1. They got Sauce at 4, the best WR (Wilson) at 10 and moved up to get Johnson at 26. They just got a lot better. They addressed their OL in the off season, got a top notch receiver and significantly strengthened their defense. They won't win their division, but I think a case can be made that the Pats could be the weakest team in the division.

Not entirely sold on the Chargers taking Zion Johnson over Trevor Penning.

Well, the Jets are giving their QB a chance to improve. They just got a very good RB that can catch the ball downfield. I think I would have gone LB though.

Love what we did once the panthers took the DB i knew we would get what I wanted thought they would go Neal at 5 and the DE at 7. But reports here say they took the DE first cause according to there board it was a big drop off after that Oregon kid (csnt spell his name lol) and Neal was there at 7. Couldn't be happier

Man, if the Colts pass on Nakobe Dean, the G's better snap him up.
EDIT: Vikes just traded up. I think they go QB (Nope....wrong again).

Bit of a dilemma for the Ain'ts......do they trust Winston?

I just got an email saying DirecTv saying that I have the Sunday ticket for FREE!!! Wow!!!! I must be really, REALLY special....kinda like Gronk, only I'm less annoying. :funny:

I got a lot of mixed thoughts about the Pats draft tonight, mostly on the negative side. A little pissed they didn't get Metchie, and still super pissed about the guard from last night.

Surprised by how the two guys (Willis and Dean) who got a crap ton of buzz dropped like stones.

I would say the Ravens, Jets, and Giants probably had 3 of the best drafts.
I'd also say Cincinnati did well. Both the Bengals and the Jets also did very well in FA.

I don't like what the Pats did, but they've surprised me before.

The bottom line is that the draft is hype and hope time for everyone. Reality sets in around October of this year. LOL.

I should also throw in Detroit as having done really well. @Perfect Cell has reason for optimism.

EDIT: Eagles did a good job also

Last edited:
Guys, forgive me for coming in so late. I was sick with a very high fever the day of the draft, and have only since recovered today.

Looks like the Jets absolutely killed it. 3 first round picks and a high second round pick. Plus probably two of the first round picks are penciled in starters. Maybe, just maybe, this franchise is starting to turn things around.

Patriots were the other shocking surprise, in a negative sense. The Patriots in the last 20 years have been masters of the draft, picking up diamonds in the rough here, there and everywhere. But not this year. Weak draft for them.

It p*sses me off that the Bills, Chiefs and Bucs all drafted well again. The rich get richer. Hope it doesn't translate into more championships for these franchises.

The two young guns, the Bengals and Chargers, both drafted well. The Chargers are slowly building a monster in Los Angeles.

Eagles and Ravens also appeared to have good drafts.

Last edited:
Guys, forgive me for coming in so late. I was sick with a very high fever the day of the draft, and have only since recovered today.

Looks like the Jets absolutely killed it. 3 first round picks and a high second round pick. Plus probably two of the first round picks are penciled in starters. Maybe, just maybe, this franchise is starting to turn things around.

Patriots were the other shocking surprise, in a negative sense. The Patriots in the last 20 years have been masters of the draft, picking up diamonds in the rough here, there and everywhere. But not this year. Weak draft for them.

It p*sses me off that the Bills, Chiefs and Bucs all drafted well again. The rich get richer. Hope it doesn't translate into more championships for these franchises.

The two young guns, the Bengals and Chargers, both drafted well. The Chargers are slowly building a monster in Los Angeles.

Eagles and Ravens also appeared to have good drafts.

WRT the Jets, I would take it a step further. I think they got 4 starters with their first 4 picks. Johnson and Hall won't be in on every snap like I would expect Sauce and Wilson to be, but I'd call them starters. If Lawson returns healthy as expected, the Jets defense looks like it can be pretty nasty. If the AFC wasn't so stacked, I think there's a scenario where they actually make the playoffs. They'll have to prove it, but, between FA and the draft, if I had to put money on it, I'd say the Jets will be the most improved team in the league.

WRT the Jets, I would take it a step further. I think they got 4 starters with their first 4 picks. Johnson and Hall won't be in on every snap like I would expect Sauce and Wilson to be, but I'd call them starters. If Lawson returns healthy as expected, the Jets defense looks like it can be pretty nasty. If the AFC wasn't so stacked, I think there's a scenario where they actually make the playoffs. They'll have to prove it, but, between FA and the draft, if I had to put money on it, I'd say the Jets will be the most improved team in the league.

Yeah I've been reading up on the the Jets draft picks and you're right we're talking talking four possible starters right off the bat. A King's Ransom for them.
They shouldn't worry about the playoffs just yet. They need to be absolutely sure Zach Wilson is the man -- they don't want another Baker Mayfield situation. Then reload again in next years draft, and start to make your move.
Given the way the Ravens also loaded up on the draft, I think they need to rename the AFC "No Country for Old Men". All the weaklings of the AFC, the Seahawks, the Steelers, and the entire AFC South should think about defecting to the CFL before the haymakers start being thrown. That conference is going to an absolute brawl next year, and I'm going enjoy every second of it :)

Yeah I've been reading up on the the Jets draft picks and you're right we're talking talking four possible starters right off the bat. A King's Ransom for them.
They shouldn't worry about the playoffs just yet. They need to be absolutely sure Zach Wilson is the man -- they don't want another Baker Mayfield situation. Then reload again in next years draft, and start to make your move.
Given the way the Ravens also loaded up on the draft, I think they need to rename the AFC "No Country for Old Men". All the weaklings of the AFC, the Seahawks, the Steelers, and the entire AFC South should think about defecting to the CFL before the haymakers start being thrown. That conference is going to an absolute brawl next year, and I'm going enjoy every second of it :)
Yeah. What I was saying is that the Jets could be a possible playoff team if, and only if, they weren’t in the AFC next year. In the NFC, they would have a real shot. You’re right about the conference. Man, that conference is going to be flat out brutal and some really good teams are going to miss the playoffs.

Guessing they had a nice Chianti.....

funny factoid....

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." It's one of the most quoted lines in film history and appreciated for the malevolent calmness of Sir Anthony Hopkins' delivery.

But Dr Lecter's choice of sides weren't based on his taste predilections, he was making a medical joke.

Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) could have been used to treat him, and what are the three things you're not allowed to eat while taking them? Liver, beans and wine.

My guess is that Dr Lecter had been skipping out on his meds. :hehe:

Getting a second slime game this year. A nice little Christmas present

Brady's deal is insane.

375 Million for ten years!

:tm$

Not only will he be the highest paid sports broadcaster by a huge margin but he'll make more in broadcasting than he ever has playing football. :funny:

Dude's insanely charming and knows the game better than anyone. I'm sure he'll crush it.

Chargers are undefeated at NFL social media content

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"