NFL - Game On

Stephon Gilmore signs a 2 year deal with Indy Colts for 23M. Gilmore is certainly more interested in making as much money as possible than taking a serious crack at another SB. He's got his ring so I say more power to him.

Packers sign WR Sammy Watkins to a 1 year 4M deal. He's basically a WR3 unless he's on the Packers, but still has good speed.

At this point, I can see the Rams signing Mathieu (though he's got his ring too and is probably looking for money also) and feel pretty sure they'll be resigning OBJ to a 2 year deal. There are clearly other teams in play for Mathieu.

its getting absurd now with these guys watch this behavior lead to the devalue of the WR much like the RB

30 mil a year for a position that needs 7 other people to play exceptional for you to succeed

bye felicia in alot of these guys future

Last edited:

San Francisco has not been a team that people love to play for for sometime now. The organization itself seems to me to be rather schizophrenic.

its getting absurd now with these guys watch this behavior lead to the devalue of the WR much like the RB

30 mil a year for a position that needs 7 other people to play exceptional for you to succeed

bye felicia in alot of these guys future
I don’t think it will quite come to that. Running back is a position where it’s basically four or five years and you’re done. Wide receiver is not. Football as a whole, everyone has to do their job or things can go sideways really fast. It’s even true, although to a lesser degree, on offensive line play. If the guy next to you blows his assignment it screws you up too; or at least it can. If the quarterback doesn’t have time to throw, he looks bad. If the quarterback doesn’t have time to throw, the receiver don’t look so great. It’s one of those games where each and every person plays a key role I’m just about every play.

San Francisco has not been a team that people love to play for for sometime now. The organization itself seems to me to be rather schizophrenic.

I don’t think it will quite come to that. Running back is a position where it’s basically four or five years and you’re done. Wide receiver is not. Football as a whole, everyone has to do their job or things can go sideways really fast. It’s even true, although to a lesser degree, on offensive line play. If the guy next to you blows his assignment it screws you up too; or at least it can. If the quarterback doesn’t have time to throw, he looks bad. If the quarterback doesn’t have time to throw, the receiver don’t look so great. It’s one those games where each and every person plays a key role I’m just about every play.

exactly it's a team sport if your paying 30 million for wr1 then you have to go cheap in other needs
example Kenny Galladay got paid by us with production from having Stafford being his QB he comes to us and 0 td's granted we suck something fierce but look at him chasing $$ and not he will be unproductive for how ever we keep him

exactly it's a team sport if your paying 30 million for wr1 then you have to go cheap in other needs
example Kenny Galladay got paid by us with production from having Stafford being his QB he comes to us and 0 td's granted we suck something fierce but look at him chasing $$ and not he will be unproductive for how ever we keep him
That's true. Then there are people like Cooper Kupp......he's signing a new contract. Check out his comments over the last 24 hours and tell me you wouldn't want him on your team. He's gonna make a ton on endorsements though and being with the SB champion Rams ain't gonna hurt that.

That's true. Then there are people like Cooper Kupp......he's signing a new contract. Check out his comments over the last 24 hours and tell me you wouldn't want him on your team. He's gonna make a ton on endorsements though and being with the SB champion Rams ain't gonna hurt that.

Kupp is a special breed not lost on mE is he had Goff as QB for a while and one yr with Stafford
he wants to play with the guy that had him win the triple crown in receiving

Kupp is a special breed not lost on mE is he had Goff as QB for a while and one yr with Stafford
he wants to play with the guy that had him win the triple crown in receiving

I could see a guy like Kupp being a top notch receiver for the next 5 years. He can lose a little bit of speed and still be very, very effective because he's such a good route runner and a very smart receiver. Another 3 or 4 years with a guy like Stafford (depending on how Stafford holds up) and you're looking at HoF numbers. Other than the year when he was injured, he had either Pro Bowl or close to Pro Bowl numbers with GOFF. If you've got a good thing going, being the top paid receiver isn't, and shouldn't be, everything; as long as you're getting a nice paycheck. Good PR and a likable personality in Los Angeles will make you a lot of $$$ in endorsements and appearances. IMO, he's got the right attitude WRT to pay. I'll never know, but from where I sit right now, I'll take 23-25M per year and some great endorsement deals in a good situation rather than chasing top shelf salary and lesser endorsement deals in a more difficult environment. Being in the run for a SB would be a nice incentive too; although I suspect the Rams are going to be in cap hell come 2023.

His approach to his contract negotiations already has the media "questioning" his decision. I suppose that's not a bad thing. LOL. I wonder if Kroenke could give his players Walmart endorsement/spokesperson deals that would allow him to pay them a little bit less (wink, wink, nod, nod.....). Does anyone know if there are prohibitions against this as a way to circumvent the salary cap?

I could see a guy like Kupp being a top notch receiver for the next 5 years. He can lose a little bit of speed and still be very, very effective because he's such a good route runner and a very smart receiver. Another 3 or 4 years with a guy like Stafford (depending on how Stafford holds up) and you're looking at HoF numbers. Other than the year when he was injured, he had either Pro Bowl or close to Pro Bowl numbers with GOFF. If you've got a good thing going, being the top paid receiver isn't, and shouldn't be, everything; as long as you're getting a nice paycheck. Good PR and a likable personality in Los Angeles will make you a lot of $$$ in endorsements and appearances. IMO, he's got the right attitude WRT to pay. I'll never know, but from where I sit right now, I'll take 23-25M per year and some great endorsement deals in a good situation rather than chasing top shelf salary and lesser endorsement deals in a more difficult environment. Being in the run for a SB would be a nice incentive too; although I suspect the Rams are going to be in cap hell come 2023.

His approach to his contract negotiations already has the media "questioning" his decision. I suppose that's not a bad thing. LOL. I wonder if Kroenke could give his players Walmart endorlsement/spokesperson deals that would allow him to pay them a little bit less (wink, wink, nod, nod.....). Does anyone know if there are prohibitions against this as a way to circumvent the salary cap?

i've always wondered this if owners pay players under the table i say the common sense says yes i bet Jerrry Jones does it all the time

i've always wondered this if owners pay players under the table i say the common sense says yes i bet Jerrry Jones does it all the time
People like Kroenke who, along with his wife, own a big part of Walmart are able to pay players (unless it's prohibited by the league) outside their NFL salaries for promotions and endorsements of products. To take it a step further, they could sign certain players on an annual basis to endorsement or promotional contracts that could be worth a LOT of money. This could help them with salary cap ceilings and give them an unfair competitive advantage (which would be fine with me because I think the salary cap is BS unless they want to impose a revenue cap on themselves; and don't hold your breath on that one.)

Say that Walmart decided to launch a new line of footwear or sportswear. Could the league stop them from signing up several Ram players to endorsement/promotional deals? I don't see how. They could use Walmart or Kroenke assets to even establish a separate entity for manufacturing and marketing these products. It seems to me that attorneys could provide enough separation that the NFL would have a very difficult time proving that the owners themselves offered the player money. The players agent could even negotiate these deals in parallel and walk away from both if they got a better deal. In addition, these endorsement deals would amount to guaranteed money.

Whether an owner would "want" do to this and possibly upset the apple cart is another matter, but it seems like they certainly could do something like the above if they chose to do so.

Awwwww......man. "The Mad Bomber" is gone. :csad:

Prolific Raiders passer Lamonica dies at age 80

The more I think about it, the more convinced I become that the Packers are toast. IMO they gave in to Rodgers to the detriment of the team. This last contract was one of the more moronic moves I've ever seen......even more so than what Jacksonville has done. It's really only a 3 year deal, but still.......

Dude(tte)s. The draft is tomorrow. It looks like the unsigned guys decided to wait until the draft is over to sign. They probably figure that after that, they may get a better deal from a team because their needs are clearer. It's a bit of a risky way to go, but could pay off. I would imagine the teams would like to sign people before the draft so they could focus on exactly what they need.

I'm kind of expecting Jacksonville to screw up, but we won't know for sure until next season. How do people see maybe the top 10 or so picks falling?

i swear if Giants go WR with there pick 5 i'm officially renouncing them as my team and that's what were hearing here in NY and man F that WE NEED OLINE or DE

it's my fault for going down this mock draft rabbit hole

note to self YOU DON'T NEED TO SEE EVERY SPORTS SHOW lol

Last edited:
it all depends on Jacksonville if they go Hutchinson 1st or Walker and the rest slide down
I would love for one of those DE drops to 5 but they won't

i want OL or DL with our first pick

it all depends on Jacksonville if they go Hutchinson 1st or Walker and the rest slide down
I would love for one of those DE drops to 5 but they won't

i want OL or DL with our first pick

You will get one or the other "if" your team decides they want one. IMO, there are 5 top flight picks on DL and OL and I suspect someone (maybe CB Gardner or Stingley) will crack the top 5. IF that happens, I see the Giants being able to go OL and DL at pick 7. Some people have Carolina going OL at 6, but I think QB is the move for them. If the Panthers do go OL at 6, the Giants might want to get one of those top CBs at 7.......it's not like they don't need help everywhere (sorry for the trolling. LOL).

EDIT: After thinking about it, I would probably add Walker to that top 5 and make it a top 6; 3 on OL and 3 on DL. The thing about Walker is that the regular season production wasn't really there, but he looked really, really good at the combines. I would have liked to see the eye popping numbers during the season, but you know the quote about Michael Jordan? Who is the only one who held Michael Jordan to under 20 points per game when he was in college?

Dean Smith (his coach). LOL

Last edited:
Man, the draft is SO much fun. I wish they still had it on a Saturday morning when I could just get up, make breakfast, fill out my draft sheet for 2 or 3 rounds (don't remember the details LOL), and have absolutely nothing to do for the rest of the day.

good-times-kevin-hart.gif

Stingley is a mistake by the Texans.....shocking that such a well run organization would overreach.

@P Supreme your boys are gonna get a shot at D and O line if they want it, but they may want to go Sauce if he's available at 7

EDIT: Great pick by the Jets getting Sauce. G's get really Ickey on the next pick and they're set for the next 10 years.

EDIT: If I'm the G's, I got Johnson over Kayvon. They've got their pick, but they wish they could have gotten Sauce.

EDIT: On a bit of a delay here, but IF the G's go O line at 7, they are idiots. Take Ickey and, if you really like Kayvon, you've got him at 7. Jesus Christ on a crutch.....There's NO way Panthers go Kayvon. G's better surprise me.

Last edited:
Love what we did once the panthers took the DB i knew we would get what I wanted thought they would go Neal at 5 and the DE at 7. But reports here say they took the DE first cause according to there board it was a big drop off after that Oregon kid (csnt spell his name lol) and Neal was there at 7. Couldn't be happier

Last edited:
Tennessee new NE cause they not trying to pay any WR no top money wow trading brown

Half the league putting high value in wide receivers the other half not so much lol

I really ****ing hate Bill Belichick.

Love what we did once the panthers took the DB i knew we would what I wanted thought they would go Neal at 5 and the DE at 7. But reports here say they took the DE first cause according to there board it was a big drop off after that Oregon kid (csnt spell his name lol) and Neal was there at 7. Couldn't be happier
If I'm Trevor Lawrence, I'm not a fan. Jacksonville had every opportunity to help themselves in FA and the draft and what they did was waste money and choose to not protect their QB. There's a reason teams suck and it starts from the top.

So does Seattle, Atlanta and New Orleans (maybe Detroit) go Willis, Corral and Strong at QB tomorrow or do all three of them (and Carolina) call the Browns to see what it would take to acquire Baker Mayfield?

If I'm Trevor Lawrence, I'm not a fan. Jacksonville had every opportunity to help themselves in FA and the draft and what they did was waste money and choose to not protect their QB. There's a reason teams suck and it starts from the top.

Yes agreed with straight face knowing our front office been
Feces for 10 yrs now

So does Seattle, Atlanta and New Orleans (maybe Detroit) go Willis, Corral and Strong at QB tomorrow or do all three of them (and Carolina) call the Browns to see what it would take to acquire Baker Mayfield?

Most insiders on the NFL network. Only way to watch the draft. ESPN is horrible say that Carolina are the most likely destination for Baker

As much as I hate them the E-Girls had a good draft but ill say it again I would never pay a wr that type of money

How many wr have imploded once they got paid ? I'll give u 2 from my team alone Plaxico Burress and OBJ

I really ****ing hate Bill Belichick.

Yeah that trading back strategy hasn't worked for them in a while and for the first time in a while the other teams in afc east are actually trying to compete and Buffalo DP'ed them 2x last year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"