NFL - Game On

I don’t think Brady is a prima donna But then again I am biased. I think Arians just has a leadership style that he doesn’t exactly like. BA tends to play the media and air everything out. He’s the anti-Belichick in that regard. I think Brady wants to go out with another ring, but doesn’t want to go through another year with BA to get it. Also BA is a good coach, but not great. His teams are highly undisciplined. They get flagged on stupid stuff with the regularity of the Raiders.
I'll call Brady a bit of a diva, but the primary reason Bruce is gone is this. It's the "win or lose we booze" attitude that Brady fundamentally can't can't jive with. Not who he is, and it's not how he spent the majority of his career. I think when he first got there he thought he wanted that, but as the year progressed they were a very different team. Winning the SB kind of played a role in reversing a little bit back into that mentality where guys got complacent and didn't have the same kind of focus and the coach wasn't really doing anything to prevent that.

Oh boy........that's a big one. The Rams LB corp was not a particularly good tackling group. They just got way, way better. Wagner is a tackling machine and will get you 8-10 tackles per game. He hits you and takes you down. One of the best in the business.

I'll be honest. I did not see a 5 year deal coming. I'll be very interested to find out the details of the contract (guarantees, annual salary, etc.).

I'm thinking this means they will be restructuring Donald's contract and make some room to sign OBJ. I rather expect that to happen. They look like they're at the top of the heap in the NFC to me.

Oh boy........that's a big one. The Rams LB corp was not a particularly good tackling group. They just got way, way better. Wagner is a tackling machine and will get you 8-10 tackles per game. He hits you and takes you down. One of the best in the business.

if not the best what a signing hopefully he can give them 2 - 3 good years nothing would please me more than Stafford getting more rings than Rodgers

if not the best what a signing hopefully he can give them 2 - 3 good years nothing would please me more than Stafford getting more rings than Rodgers

I think that's what the Rams are looking at here.....2-3 years. That's why I'm really interested in the terms of the contract. If they backload the contract with non-guaranteed money, the only cap hit they take is the prorated signing bonus if they decide to cut him. I think we'll get the terms of the contract pretty soon, but things are kind of sketchy right now because the signing just happened. Word was he was looking for a 1 year deal at 11M. That's why I was surprised at the 5 year contract. The Rams must be very confident that he's got those 2-3 years left in the tank.

Here's another advantage of signing him that I didn't consider earlier. The Rams have a very nice, young (2021 was his rookie season) prospect named Ernest Jones at inside linebacker who they picked up in the 3rd round of the draft last year. He showed a lot of promise in the 2nd half of the season once he got acclimated and had a very nice Super Bowl where he recorded 7 tackles and a huge sack against Burrow on a second and 6 with the Rams trailing by 4 (20-16); bringing up a 3rd and long. Mixon actually got a very good block on him, but he got up, hustled, and corralled Burrow.

That's a long way of saying having a veteran of the caliber of Wagner playing next to him is going to be a great learning experience for a young linebacker with a TON of potential.

The more I think about my above post, the more I think the Rams could have one of the best ILB duos in the league. Wagner, unless there is a precipitous drop off in his performance (something I very much doubt), is a given, but Jones could take a huge step up and having Wagner next to him will be a major bonus for him. The other ILB last year, Reeder, was, frankly, not very good and that was a big hole in the Rams defense. I can't tell you how many times I saw Reeder miss a tackle or have poor coverage in the flat in the 3 4 defense. That isn't something that's going to happen very often with Wagner patrolling out there and Jones has shown good ability to drop back and cover over the middle in the 3 4. Donald is going to command a lot of attention and should be a big help keeping those O linemen off the linebackers. I don't believe Wagner has ever had a defensive lineman in Donald's zip code and, even at the age of 32, he could have a monster year.

Haha, Edelman to the Bucs wouldn't have really surprised me at this point.

Haha, Edelman to the Bucs wouldn't have really surprised me at this point.
Brady, Gronk, and Edelman.....The Golden Guys.....only not funny.

Man, I wish the Raiders could have signed Wagner..... :csad: That D would have been flat out nasty with Crosby and Jones up front and Wagner cleaning up.

Brady, Gronk, and Edelman.....The Golden Guys.....only not funny.

Man, I wish the Raiders could have signed Wagner..... :csad: That D would have been flat out nasty with Crosby and Jones up front and Wagner cleaning up.

Agreed! Would have loved that. I am wondering if the Raiders are going to sign Honeybadger or Gilmore? I've seen them attached to both players over the past week.

Um... what? This a late April Fool's joke or something? Wtf are the Dolphins doing.

As a Pats fan I like this move for us, but I don't love it. Good trade and he does make them better. Still doesn't solve the issue of having a #1 guy I don't think, and I still want them to either draft a guy (first 3 rounds) or bring in another guy. Also, have major health concerns, hasn't played a full season in two years.

Last edited:
I actually like this trade for the Eagles. Essentially trading one of their present first rounders for a future (2023) first rounder. So they'll have two first rounders in 2022 and two in 2023, which is a nice balance. Plus a boatload of later round picks too.

I actually like this trade for the Eagles. Essentially trading one of their present first rounders for a future (2023) first rounder. So they'll have two first rounders in 2022 and two in 2023, which is a nice balance. Plus a boatload of later round picks too.

Yeah.....generally, future picks aren't really valued as much as current ones, but there are a couple of extenuating circumstances. First off, I think the Saints are likely to have a pretty poor record next year and I '"think" the draft may be a little deeper next year; especially at the QB position. I think they are saying that they'll give their QB a shot this year with an improved team. If it doesn't work out, they go after their QB of the future in next year's draft. I think the Eagles like where they stand in their division and feel they have a chance to win it.

Yeah.....generally, future picks aren't really valued as much as current ones, but there are a couple of extenuating circumstances. First off, I think the Saints are likely to have a pretty poor record next year and I '"think" the draft may be a little deeper next year; especially at the QB position. I think they are saying that they'll give their QB a shot this year with an improved team. If it doesn't work out, they go after their QB of the future in next year's draft. I think the Eagles like where they stand in their division and feel they have a chance to win it.

Yeah I think you're right that there still in the hunt for a QB. Guys like Jalen Hurts and Mac Jones are nice placeholders, but if you want the trophy, you simply must have that elite QB.

Yeah I think you're right that there still in the hunt for a QB. Guys like Jalen Hurts and Mac Jones are nice placeholders, but if you want the trophy, you simply must have that elite QB.
Jones or Jalen could develop into around a top 10 quarterback, which could get a very strong team the trophy

Details about the Bobby Wagner signing with the Rams have emerged and it's more along the lines of what I thought. It's more like a 2 year 17-21M dollar deal with 10M guaranteed and more in year 2 if he sticks around (team option). That makes a lot more sense.

Holy ****. RIP Haskins. That's terrible :csad:

RIP Mr. Haskins

thats who i was hoping the Giants drafted when we took Jones

Maybe it's just because I live in SoCal, but rumors are that the Rams are trying to sign Tyrann Mathieu AND Stephon Gilmore. LOL. They have about $7M in cap space, but want to free up another 13M by restructuring the contracts of Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald. The cap hit this year for Allen Robinson is about 4.3M and the hit for Bobby Wagner is about 2.5M. That's incredibly low for 2 players of that caliber. I can't help but think they are going to be in trouble for the 2023 season, but who knows anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"