NFL Offseason & Waiting for the Swifties Return Thread

Such an odd trade for Jacksonville IMO. They already have a backup in Beathard for another season. Why bring in Jones to fill that role and give up a late pick? Their confidence in Lawrence can't be dwindling already.

Such an odd trade for Jacksonville IMO. They already have a backup in Beathard for another season. Why bring in Jones to fill that role and give up a late pick? Their confidence in Lawrence can't be dwindling already.
"Odd" doesn't begin to describe my reaction to this.....are they thinking they need a relatively cheap QB as backup for 2024 and then dump him in 2025? I don't understand all the cap implications, so maybe there's something going on along those lines????

Chiefs sign Chris Jones to a monster extension......once they used their franchise tag on L'Jarius Sneed, the Chiefs had the Sword of Damocles hanging over their head. Chris was holding all the cards.....all of them.

With Cousins probably leaving the Vikings for the Falcons and Russ reportedly going to the Steelers, the options for the Bears trading Justin Fields are starting to shrink. Kinda makes me wonder if they are really thinking of keeping him. If they got a treasure trove of picks, they could probably get their guy down the line.

I'm sorry, but a 4 year deal for Cousins at 180M isn't a good signing.

Oh freaking lord.........I swear, we're doomed to mediocrity for, like, ever....(howls at the moon)....

The Panthers are trading Brian Burns to the Giants for a 2nd and 5th round pick. Panthers now have two 2nd round picks.

I agree with InCali that the Cousins signing for the Falcons was foolish. Caretaker QB at best -- like an older, slightly banged up version of Purdy
-- only the Falcons aren't the 49ers.

I wonder who the Vikings now have in mind to be their starter.

The Panthers are trading Brian Burns to the Giants for a 2nd and 5th round pick. Panthers now have two 2nd round picks.
That's a GREAT deal for the Giants. If I was Chicago, I'd be all over that trade. Their D backfield is only getting better and having that dude with Sweat would make Chicago's D really formidable. The cost of the contract is sky high, but the Bears have enough to bolster their offense with their picks this year and cap space. I think Chicago goes after Danielle Hunter or goes edge with their 9 pick. They still need IOL help, wideout, and RB, but that can be done in FA and the draft.

I agree with InCali that the Cousins signing for the Falcons was foolish. Caretaker QB at best -- like an older, slightly banged up version of Purdy
-- only the Falcons aren't the 49ers.

I wonder who the Vikings now have in mind to be their starter.
I think they take maybe Nix or Penix, but this must hurt for them. The top 4 may very well be gone by the time they pick. That's too much money, and too long of a contract for Cousins.

That's a GREAT deal for the Giants. If I was Chicago, I'd be all over that trade. Their D backfield is only getting better and having that dude with Sweat would make Chicago's D really formidable. The cost of the contract is sky high, but the Bears have enough to bolster their offense with their picks this year and cap space. I think Chicago goes after Danielle Hunter or goes edge with their 9 pick. They still need IOL help, wideout, and RB, but that can be done in FA and the draft.

Are you talking about Burns to Chicago? The Giants already gave him a deal with that trade.

As far as the Cousins deal goes. Yes, the Falcons overpaid, but I don't think they had a choice. If they lost out on Cousins, there's no one left other than the draft. Drafting 8th for probably the 4th/5th best QB in the draft is just a waste of a pick unless you're desperate.

Are you talking about Burns to Chicago? The Giants already gave him a deal with that trade.

As far as the Cousins deal goes. Yes, the Falcons overpaid, but I don't think they had a choice. If they lost out on Cousins, there's no one left other than the draft. Drafting 8th for probably the 4th/5th best QB in the draft is just a waste of a pick unless you're desperate.
I knew he went to the G's. What I was trying to say is, if I'm Chicago, I'm in on that discussion. Sweat and Burns with the developing D backfield with the addition of Byard at safety makes them a possible division winner; esp with their picks to shore up their offense.

Not a Chicago fan, but if things fall for them, they're gonna cause trouble. This team is close.....

Chicago can go wideout or edge with 9 and whether they do or don't stick with Fields, they can probably pick up a wideout/IOL in the draft in the 2nd round. To me, the key for the Bears is getting someone who can complement Sweat and providing the same for DJ Moore.

To expound.....IF the Bears stick with Fields, they can probably pick up Harrison at WR, probably Turner at Edge, and more draft capital. This team has options.

I wouldn't say Wilson is washed. Dude had no offensive line this year, no running game, average WR's and a coach who absolutely hated him. He got a bad deal in Denver and handled it better than some would.
I think he would do well in Atlanta or Pittsburgh.

He won't thrown the ball in the middle of the field according to Mark Schlereth former Denver Guard and current fox NFL analyst it's the reason Payton was so frustrated with him he can't run his offense with him dinking and dunking

Last edited:
sucks losing #26 to the Eagles but that is business
we got 2 guards a potential RT replacement for Neal
and edge rusher to bolster Lawrence and Thibodeaux

all things considered pretty good day

our front line
Dexter Lawrence -26
Brian Burns - 25
Bobby Okereke - 27
Keyvon Thibodeaux - 23

So giving up draft capital to get Burns there goes my hope of them moving up from 6 to get LSU's Daniels

Mixon and Jones get cut late yesterday after all the market for RB dried up some
NFL is a nasty business

sucks losing #26 to the Eagles but that is business
we got 2 guards a potential RT replacement for Neal
and edge rusher to bolster Lawrence and Thibodeaux

all things considered pretty good day

our front line
Dexter Lawrence -26
Brian Burns - 25
Bobby Okereke - 27
Keyvon Thibodeaux - 23

So giving up draft capital to get Burns there goes my hope of them moving up from 6 to get LSU's Daniels
Burns was, IMO, an especially huge get......costly, but he's going to help everyone on D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"