NFL Offseason & Waiting for the Swifties Return Thread

LAC @ #5 is where it could get interesting...
It did.....they went for Alt.......man.....I don't know....they better be able to pick up a WR.....

I'm a little behind on the time. I love my DVR. LOL

Giants HAVE to go McCarthy. I think this guy is money in crunch time.

EDIT: This is a really deep draft in the top 12 or so....

EDIT2: I'm still dumb.....man....the G's are banking on Jones...I dunno about that, but.Nabers is gonna be great.

Titans had to go tackle. Latham is a good pick, but I think I like a couple of guys better, but I'm kind of an idiot....Bears are gonna go with Odunze or trade down.....

If the Vikes like McCarthy, all they have to worry about is someone jumping them.....Falcons go Penix....he can be outstanding, but I think the Falcons are lucky they are in the division they're in.....

Just heard before the commercial that Vikes trade up one spot....they want McCarthy and aren't taking chances. Jets go with Bowers I think....it'll placate Rodgers....win for Jets....they get whoever they wanted and some grease.

Jets go OL....good pick IMO

Denver goes Nix.....they had to.

Last edited:
Minny looks to be standing pat...love that self-discipline...

Atlanta WTF....just turned this draft on its head!

Last edited:
I don't get that pick for the Falcons at all. I'm all for drafting a QB despite signing Cousins, but doing it that high after paying him that much? Seems kinda dumb.

Bit of panic move by Minny there, but they still hold on to the #23 and get their man JJ.

6 QBs in the top 12... that is not a god sign if history is to be followed. I'm aghast that they're flying off the board like this.

Also can't believe that we're on pick 14 and we haven't had a single defensive player taken off the board.

6 QBs in the top 12... that is not a god sign if history is to be followed. I'm aghast that they're flying off the board like this.

Also can't believe that we're on pick 14 and we haven't had a single defensive player taken off the board.
The Falcons are idiots for taking Penix....not because he won't be successful, but help at WR or Edge.....guys....PLEASE.....

Atlanta WTF....just turned this draft on its head!
giphy.gif

Bengals need to be careful. They need OL but all the best ones appear to be gone.
Great defensive players OTOH are everywhere.

The Falcons are idiots for taking Penix....not because he won't be successful, but help at WR or Edge.....guys....PLEASE.....
Denver also with Nix @ 12 was pretty desperate.

Bengals need to be careful. They need OL but all the best ones appear to be gone.
Great defensive players OTOH are everywhere.
They appear to be losing Trey, so they may need some help there. Maybe pull a good trade???? Bengals seem to be regressing.

They appear to be losing Trey, so they may need some help there. Maybe pull a good trade???? Bengals seem to be regressing.
Nah. They had a good free agency while Baltimore had a terrible one. Couple that with a non-playoff schedule this year,
and things look good.

Seattle with another great pick. Back to back great first rounds for them.

Expensive draft for Minny, but you can't complain about landing JJ and Dallas Turner.

Nah. They had a good free agency while Baltimore had a terrible one. Couple that with a non-playoff schedule this year,
and things look good.
That's true.....still, I see some problems internally.

Steal by the Rams there.
I'm running behind so THANK YOU for not spilling the beans. LOL

Turner falling to 17 is crazy.....That's a freaking steal.

I'm outta here until things are over.....LOL

Guess the Raiders are rolling with Minshew & AOC... Unless they get Spencer Rattler in the second...

I can't believe the Falcons turned the draft on its head like that.

I'm running behind so THANK YOU for not spilling the beans. LOL

Turner falling to 17 is crazy.....That's a freaking steal.

I'm outta here until things are over.....LOL

Steal by the Rams there.
OK....I lied, but that was a great pick by LA. This guy could be a monster.

I'm being REALLY careful how far I scroll down... :funny:

Eagles get the #1 or at worst the #2 CB pick at the 22 position. If only they could translate their draft genius
into playoff victories.

Lions snared what many considered the top CB.

Really, no losers (so far) in this first round other than the Falcons and Broncos.

Lions snared what many considered the top CB.

Really, no losers (so far) in this first round other than the Falcons and Broncos.
Yeah......I don't get Penix at 8. Especially with that pathetic pass rush of theirs. Denver was in a desperate need of a QB and Nix "might" be their guy. I'd give him about a 2 out of 3 shot at being a decent QB. I knew the Raiders would have to move up if they wanted one of the top 5, but Bowers may just end up being a beast.....they just need someone who can get him the ball....

Everything fell just right for the Bears. Once Alt got taken, I knew they'd get Odunze. They got their QB and their offense looks like it's gonna be tough. I think with the round 3 pick, they should try to do a little more to shore up their O line and go after a backup QB and pass rushing help after the draft.

This was a really solid 1st round class IMO. I'm shocked that Turner lasted that long, but everyone seemed focused on the offensive side of the ball. I also didn't expect Verse to fall to the Rams. That might end up being a freaking gift.

I'm also surprised that Jackson Powers-Johnson didn't go in round 1. Don't expect him to last much longer. I think that dude's gonna be trouble.

We could have Moss, Rice and Megatron in our WR room but without a line and QB
doesn't matter
Glad we didn't give up draft capital and reach for a QB

Nabers will get traded elsewhere in 2 years book it

I believe he is the goods but he can't thrive with us unfortunately

It certainly looked as if Falcons owner wanted explanation on WTF did they just do
hey its what they get for listening to Kraft and passing on Belechick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"