Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - - - - Part 16

I didn't mind some of Daniel's stuff. I liked the first two arcs of his New 52 Detective run.

I want a Snyder Scarecrow story....
hes told his Joker story, now give someone else their due..

My favorite snyder bat story was Black Mirror... I havent gotten to the point where his "call backs" are annoying.

Just finished the final issue of Europe...yeah it was alright.
It was enjoyable for the most part.
The final issue felt a bit forced but otherwise it wasnt all that bad.
That is all you can ask for in the new 52.

I always said Snyder should do a Scarecrow story with the art of Greg Capullo.
That would be neat.

Who wrote Detective comics Volume 1? I liked the first volume...especially the art was really neat.

After Arkham Knight, I am in the mood for a good Scarecrow story. I would love to see Snyder's take on the character.

Who wrote Detective comics Volume 1? I liked the first volume...especially the art was really neat.

That was Tony Daniel. Yeah, his run wasn't great, but I don't think it deserves the flack it gets (New 52 anyway... that's all I read). I enjoyed that first volume a great deal. I thought he did alright in the second volume as well though his last arc was bad.

Just read this today:
This is the best Batman comic ever
http://www.polygon.com/comics/2016/2/5/10917142/the-best-batman-comic
Screen_Shot_2016-02-04_at_4.44.44_PM.0.png

I read that article yesterday and was curious about it. I'll have to give it a shot.

Is it possible to get a "Death of the Family" hardback or paperback that does not have changes made to the dialogue from the original comics? There were changes made to the dialogue from the original comics in the hardbacks and paperbacks that I have seen, and I prefer the dialogue in the original comics. Are there any other instances where changes were made in the paperbacks or hardbacks to what was in the original comics?

After Arkham Knight, I am in the mood for a good Scarecrow story. I would love to see Snyder's take on the character.

Read the story from The Dark Knight series that David Finch drew a little while back. That had a pretty great Scarecrow story.

Read the story from The Dark Knight series that David Finch drew a little while back. That had a pretty great Scarecrow story.
Thanks a lot. Are you able to answer my questions in the post I made above? lol

Wait, they changed the dialogue...i didnt knew that.
Interesting!

Would be nice to read the original text.

Is it possible to get a "Death of the Family" hardback or paperback that does not have changes made to the dialogue from the original comics? There were changes made to the dialogue from the original comics in the hardbacks and paperbacks that I have seen, and I prefer the dialogue in the original comics. Are there any other instances where changes were made in the paperbacks or hardbacks to what was in the original comics?

I think Snyder's interview on Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman is where I heard this, but Snyder actually goes back and edits his writing for the trades. So the trades are what they are, and you'd have to get the original issues to get the original text.

It's not DC changing his work, it's him pulling a George Lucas on it.

I think Snyder's interview on Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman is where I heard this, but Snyder actually goes back and edits his writing for the trades. So the trades are what they are, and you'd have to get the original issues to get the original text.

It's not DC changing his work, it's him pulling a George Lucas on it.

Thanks.

Really loved this recent arc on Detective with Gordon Bats vs this historical killer wearing these different masks/faces.

Is Snyder still writing Batman? I've loved his work for the most part. The last thing I read was 'Endgame.' I think that was the name of it.

Ever since the Arkham comics ceased, I have not read any Batman comics.
It's sad, as the Arkham ones were really taking of; they were just dropped without a warning or acknowledgment.

Just finished #49. Probably the wackest chapter in the Superheavy arc.
The memory restoring machine seems kinda fantastical for a Batman title. And did Snyder retcon an earlier plotpoint in the previous chapter? I thought new Bruce does not have any training as a detective or anything, but Duke points out that he was able to figure out all those things from deduction. Huh? And what's up with him losing his beard once he became old Bruce again. It's nonsensical. I thought the machine only affects his mind, not his physical appearance. I had to go back and make sure that he indeed did have a beard before going in the machine. Then it slowly goes away in subsequent pages as he runs the simulations. And those simulations make no sense at all. It seemed like Snyder didn't know how to end his run with just 2 issues left and just did a big a**pull.

Anyone see the new suit in Batman 50? not sure if I like it or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"