Official JLA discussion thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the other one apparently disappeared. Talk about #4 here, for those who've read it already.

Justice League: Generation Lost #19 Preview

286u1li.jpg

Great comic, but I haven't understood what Winick has been trying to accomplish with Max through all this time. He's easily the least compelling character in all the cast, and apparently he's racist now too?

What better way to show he's a dick than have him be racist towards a down-trodden hispanic-american?

I was originally going to reply "Look, this isn't a Mark Millar comic" but then I realized it was a Judd Winick comic which, let's face it, isn't always very different.

I hope that continues with Jaime putting Max through a wall.

I hope Max is going to be killed off again in this comic

He's a ****

I was originally going to reply "Look, this isn't a Mark Millar comic" but then I realized it was a Judd Winick comic which, let's face it, isn't always very different.

Oh lord not this "Millar is a racist" bullcrap again? :(

But...he is.

Not at all. The whole "Millar is a racist" crap comes from what? Goliath dying in Civil War and Dave reading a forum post outloud about Kick-Ass beating down hispanics?

If he was a racist, why has he shown Blade, Tyrone Cash, new Giant Man whos black, Nick Fury, Red Wasp, Monica Chang in such good light? What about Superior's BFF? What about the new Black hero in Kick-Ass 2?

Millar being a racist is as far fetched argument as saying Morrison can't write proper women.

Hey now, for the record I never suggested Millar was racist. Just that he writes about it. A lot.

Like, a whole lot.

And that, sometimes, Winick can be pretty bad about it too.

Max being a bigoted **** instead of just a **** is not that out of character though

Either way he is one of my most hated comic book characters and i cannot wait to see the JLI and Blue Beetle kick his teeth in :awesome:

And that, sometimes, Winick can be pretty bad about it too.

I don't mind villains being all nasty and stuff, infact i kinda liked how pure evil beings like Dr. Hurt and Darkseid are, they simply are nasty for the sake of being nasty.

Yeah, I'm sure Darkseid killed Batman because the man was an Episcopalian. Evil to the core that Darkseid.

Tortured, you mean?

See? Darkseid could have been in the Spanish Inquisition, twisted bastard that he is. Oh and he hates Jewish people too hence why he possessed Turpin.

He hates everything, stop being racist and ignoring us white people!

Rumours are Jaime is dying.

I'm guessing he won't though, it will achieve nothing with the DCU to kill him.

I will be both :csad: and :cmad: if DC kill off Jaime

Jaime is fun on a bun

Rumours are Jaime is dying.

I'm guessing he won't though, it will achieve nothing with the DCU to kill him.
When has that ever stopped them? :huh:

I know the solicitations for the next several issues talk about Jaime being tortured and the others trying to rescue him, so at the very least, he's not getting away anytime soon. Wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead and killed him off. I wouldn't really be especially disappointed, either. Jaime's never been much more than a side-charcter outside of his own excellent but sadly long-canceled comic.

It's not a rumour, the solicitations flatout say Jaime dies... Which means he's alive, so no fear.

It's right here: http://www.dccomics.com/dccomics/comics/?cm=17173
It's the calm before the storm in issue #21. Beetle is dead, Max Lord has Checkmate and the hunt for Wonder Woman has begun. But Booster Gold has given up after losing another friend to Max Lord, and the JLI is left without a leader!

Oh, hadn't seen that. Maybe it'll be undone in Flashpoint or something.

Well, the solicitations may not be 100% fact. Could be a fakeout death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"