Official: United Football League

Yes, they said at the press conference that they feel that putting teams in markets already having multiple NFL teams (New York, San Francisco) was not a good idea. The Las Vegas and Orlando teams last year had the best attendance, so they hope that will carry over with a Hartford team

there have been reports that they will move the California Redwoods from San Francisco to Sacramento.

Is there even a stadium in Sacramento?

Sacramento won a WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP back when there was teams from the USA in the World Football League.
I believe David Archer from Iowa State was the starting QB.

Rumor that San Antonio and Omaha are the two new expansion teams.

There were rumors that the NFL tried to buy the UFL last year.

Not surprised. The NFL knows the benefit of having a minor league.

From Yahoo sports:

Daunte Culpepper(notes) is about to be employed as a professional football player once again. It won't be with an NFL team, though. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, it will be with the UFL's Sacramento Mountain Lions.

Not being able to land a job anywhere in the NFL, even as a third-stringer, has got to be difficult to accept for Culpepper, who most recently played quarterback for the Detroit Lions. We're talking about a two-time All-Pro, a three-time Pro Bowler and a guy who once graced the cover of Madden.

Now he's on a team that's also accepting players from open tryouts.

Here's the good news, though. Remember J.P. Losman(notes), former first-round pick of the Buffalo Bills? He washed out of the NFL, spent a year choo-choo'ing with the UFL's Las Vegas Locomotives, won the UFL title, and is now back in the bigs. He signed with the Seahawks on Tuesday.

So the UFL can be a path back to the big show. It would be nice to see Culpepper have a great year with the Mountain Lions — well, let's be honest, playing in the UFL, he might have a great year, but there's no chance I'll actually see it — and then Tommy Maddox himself back into the NFL.

I give Culpepper a lot of credit for burying his pride and taking the UFL gig. This is a guy who retired back in 2008 when he couldn't latch on with an NFL team, so taking the huge step down to the UFL can't be easy for him.

Best of luck down there, Daunte.

Not too shabby, still gotta buy my season tickets

Are they going to farm and weave clothing after every touchdown?

I'd rather they put the LVL logo on the helmet and leave the LOCOS for endzone scripting, etc. At least the teams are getting away from the same color schemes. Hopefully they're uniforms follow suit.

Uniforms will follow suit, for the inaugural season they were all meant to have the same template and incorporate the league's colors. This season they're all on their own

What is that? Black and....dull green?

I know Nighthawks are stealth fighters, but no one showing up to see your games does not make you stealth-like.

Last edited:
Those Sacramento colors and logo are probably the best to be dubuted thus far. Really like that color scheme and not a bad logo. I'm curious as to how all these logo center stripes will look in action, since we're so used to the traditional solid color center stripes on the NFL helmets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"