• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Homecoming Out with the amazing and in with the Marvel Lounge - Part 10

After weeks of playing Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 again and appreciating it significantly more than I did before, I got back to playing Spider-Man 3 from the same developers on PC trying to grasp how I will feel about it now near its 10th anniversary, while some of the locomotion mechanics are significantly dumbed down from its PS2 predecessor, it remains my favorite Spidey game.

I wish the variety of street missions from SM2 was still here to be honest, without the pointless informants, I wish to see Spidey save people from a drowning cruiser without them drowning and mission failing so fast.

Totally. The offshore disasters were the hardest but most exciting side quests without a doubt. Love that game!

I'm currently moving between Spider-Man 3 (Treyarch), Web of Shadows (Shaba), and [PROTOTYPE], and had to take note that they were released in the sequential years.
I highly enjoy Web of Shadows these days, and wonder why I hated it for years instead of being entertained yet disappointed, I decided to join it in the ranks of my favorite Spider-Man games.
RIP Bill Paxton. :(
I liked him as an actor, but I didn't know he was revered before his death. :csad:

Now that I finished Spider-Man 3 for the 42nd time, with my current runs playing Spider-Man 2 and Web of Shadows recently, I have better understanding of why Spider-Man 3 is a disappointing follow up to what is still regarded by many as the best Spider-Man video game, and how Web of Shadows is a step up as far as Spider-Man games go.

Do I personally look at Spider-Man 3 as a less enjoyable experience now though? Nope.
There is still plenty to appreciate, it gave a good amount of entertainment, lots of good ideas are placed there, a good number of them are executed better than the game's reputation lets on, and I still stand by my outlandish view that this game has significantly more tactics in its gameplay core than Batman: Arkham Asylum does, as I experience it more on repeated sittings and reevaluating the upgrade system, level select map, and other things I see there is an interesting tactical design implemented. Upgrades were set to happen in a specific order, to know which upgrades happens earlier and which stage needs it more is something clever, but you can't place your finger on it unless you play it a first time, so on this I can say it is a design flaw, but it isn't a game breaking one.

Combat requires quick reaction and precision, to know which attack is more suitable against certain enemies is entertaining and fascinating, it helped me defeat bosses in a shorter amount of time than I would if I just button mashed. Bosses you defeat in 12 minutes by button mashing can be defeated in 3 minutes, so the "Button mashing is faster and more effective" is an unfair criticism toward the game.

In all the reviews I sat through for this game, it's strange to think none of them actually mentioned the variety of attacks indicators and their effects.

I still want to know if any older open world game has a New Game+, cause so far I think this is the oldest one I played with this feature.

I still stand by the statement that as a quality product; this game is more like a 7/10. For a rushed incomplete game, underpolished graphics, some awkward animation, disjointed and underpolished story... it's impressive to see what they achieved, there was a lot of love poured into it, and it's more ambitious than it should've been for its time constraints.

This thread needs some life breathing into it.

I recall playing the Spider-man 3 video game when it came out and it made me nauseous. That's not a slam, it physically made me nauseous and I never even came close to finishing it. Not sure why.

On PS3? I noticed that PS3 ports face the biggest of issues from what I gathered so far.

I only played SM3 on the PS2 at the time. It was fun.

The PSP port is better than the PS2 port of the VicariousVisions 3D game.

Isn't it just the same game, albeit a downgrade in quality?

Edit: Yep, just checked.
That's the reason I compared the two devices with the same game, while the PSP port is reduced in graphical strength, it made the content less buggy, and included a bit more content.

How does NY comic con work generally? Me and my friend are planning to go there but we won't have enough money to attend big movie panels. There's still lots of things to do right?

Batman movie marathon is near its end, and I won't include the DCEU stuff for two reasons:
  1. I'll have to watch Man of Steel first. The movie is heavily flawed, but not to take it below average-mediocre, I love the movie as it is, but I don't want a Superman solo in a marathon dedicated live to action films of one character.
  2. I hate BvS so much, I hated the extended edition even more. I don't want to suffer through characterizations I hate, pitiful meaningless points that lead nowhere or serve nothing, and a lot more.
How does NY comic con work generally? Me and my friend are planning to go there but we won't have enough money to attend big movie panels. There's still lots of things to do right?
I didn't answer because I have no experience with comic conventions, and I didn't look it up.
But I say that this quest of yours reminded me of the idea of the band you had with some of your pals, how are things going with it?

do you know if shattered dimensions is worth playing on pc, aziz?

But I say that this quest of yours reminded me of the idea of the band you had with some of your pals, how are things going with it?

After 3 local gigs we had a falling out, but honestly it's for the better. Our group turned out to be kinda disfunctional, and I took a couple years without a band to sort out what I wanted out of music and life in general

Right now I have gotten majorly back to guitar playing because I had a big realization on how to improve my playing. I haven't actually practiced a lot of songs I love since the guitar parts have been intimidatingly hard, but I just realized that those songs are exactly what I should practice. I feel like an idiot for not getting it sooner, it sounds so obvious when I say it now

do you know if shattered dimensions is worth playing on pc, aziz?
For me, it kept freezing on O'Hara's part in stage 1, I downloaded a save file and found every other stage working fine.
Activision games I care about that aren't region locked never go through with the glorious Steam discount, so I wouldn't recommend paying $29.99 for a 7 years old game, it's not worth it financially.

After 3 local gigs we had a falling out, but honestly it's for the better. Our group turned out to be kinda disfunctional, and I took a couple years without a band to sort out what I wanted out of music and life in general

Right now I have gotten majorly back to guitar playing because I had a big realization on how to improve my playing. I haven't actually practiced a lot of songs I love since the guitar parts have been intimidatingly hard, but I just realized that those songs are exactly what I should practice. I feel like an idiot for not getting it sooner, it sounds so obvious when I say it now
Good luck.

For me, it kept freezing on O'Hara's part in stage 1, I downloaded a save file and found every other stage working fine.
Activision games I care about that aren't region locked never go through with the glorious Steam discount, so I wouldn't recommend paying $29.99 for a 7 years old game, it's not worth it financially.

Good luck.

thanks for the tip. i just got a pc that can actually play games, so i've been looking for something to pick up. i guess i'll wait for a sale and then play it for an hour or two before forgetting about it completely

The guy who has a comic art of a Homecoming homemade costume with the custom title 'No More Pretending', but continues to promise shredding the movie to bits and his dismay to the new version of Peter Parker after initially showering him with praise as the best actor in the role for his work in Captain America: Civil War.....

The one who has that strange uncanny hatred for Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spidey costume, one of the best onscreen suits for the character.

Does anybody know if there's gonna be a SPIDEY Vol. 3? Is the series still running? Vol. 2 was good.

Does anybody know if there's gonna be a SPIDEY Vol. 3? Is the series still running? Vol. 2 was good.

Cancelled.

Robbie Thompson will be writing Spider-Man: Master Plan this year, which will be out for July 5th. This will be a one-shot.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY170837

STL050308

Must grab for me, since I adored SPIDEY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"