• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming Out with the amazing and in with the Marvel Lounge - Part 10

^ That's terrible. Only two volumes for SPIDEY? What a cool series in contrast to the trash that is the current ASM comics. Thanks for the heads up! Definitely will check out MASTER PLAN.

No problemo.^

smmasterplan2017001-limvar.jpg

e46e256bdaa1a327997062875c3bdb0f.jpg

I get a feeling with Robbie getting to do Spider-Man again and Zdarsky coming on board for Spectacular, this may be Marvel's way of slowly weening out Slott and having one of 'em replace him as 'main' writer for Spider-Man. Not sure when that'd be, exactly, but I remain hopeful.

There's also the whole Legacy series ordeal that is kinda-sorta Marvel trying to get former fans back into their comics.

marvel-legacy-cover-by-joe-quesada-992193.jpg

I'd love that. Slott's Arc with Spidey and Torch in space was the last I enjoyed. Maybe the two Hobgoblins, too, but that's it. Master Plan looks cool.

Man I HOPE Legacy changes stuff back! Only title I've been reading is BLACK PANTHER. Everything else doesn't appeal to me. Marvel Now had some cool stuff--Hickman's Avengers, but never got into anything else.

Crossing fingers for Legacy!!

Anyone here a fan of geekvolution? I really love the superhero rewind series, for those who don't know they're basically light hearted yet really deep digging analyses of superheromovies. I'd recommend those videos to anyone here

Anyone here a fan of geekvolution? I really love the superhero rewind series, for those who don't know they're basically light hearted yet really deep digging analyses of superheromovies. I'd recommend those videos to anyone here

Yup, I watch a few of 'em the odd time. Captain Logan is cool.

I watch some of his videos on occasions, sometimes they are fine, other times they feel like a chore.

Here's the first Superhero Rewind, from 2009, for anyone who's interested,

[YT]up5yiowFDpQ[/YT]

I love that movie. I'm glad his first view is less than 7 minutes of length.

I used to dislike Superman: Doomsday, but I find myself appreciating it more with every watch.

I watch some of his videos on occasions, sometimes they are fine, other times they feel like a chore.

Agreed 100%.

It's amazing how much younger the actors looked from the first movie when compared to sequels, especially Tobey Maguire and James Franco.

First fight scene of in costume Spider-Man, and how plastic his moves are is fascinating to look at.

First meeting between Jameson and Parker is fun.
"Spider-Man, Hero or Menace" is unusual to be heard by Jameson, the hero part that is.

I'm still not a fan of how the board of directors want to sell a thriving company.
I don't blame the Goblin side for turning them to dust.

For dated CGI, it doesn't look so bad now.

Yes MJ, what do you mean incredible? That word describes the Hulk, not Spider-Man.

"I trust my barber" :funny:

This movie has the best moment for J. Jonah Jameson on film.

The chat between :gg: and :spidey: is kind like the talk in the interrogation scene in TDK. "We're the same, people will see you as a freak".

Spider-Man broke a window to enter the burning building, he didn't care to wait and see if the baby he needs to save is by that very window he broke. That was kind of reckless.

"SHAZAM" and "You're not Superman you know", mention of two DC comics superheroes is cool.

I like :gg: singing.

The tram usage is a great way to display the strength of both Spidey and his arch nemesis.

Web slingshot and bridge swinging are quite the lovely spectacles.

The Night Gwen Stacy Dies adaption here is pretty cool, I like that Spidey successfully saves MJ instead of her dying by his web, or falling down in a portal launched by the Time Dialation Accelerator (Spot's device in the 90s cartoon).

I like that a boat came to assist the webhead, and I actually ADORE the moment of citizens on the bridge throwing stuff on the goblin to help Spidey, there is no need to rectify that, let him have a nice moment.
And we can all agree that at least it's nowhere near as goofy as the crane alignment scene.

That final battle is brutal, and it's amazing that half of it is without music, helps with the atmosphere.

Harry dude, no one will bring his/her killed victim back to their home and lie them down gently. Two years of thinking for vengeance, and you had no time to think of that? Shame on you.

"Thank God for you Peter" ~ Harry Osborn
Like father, like son.

That final swing is an epic conclusion to a really enjoyable movie, and the first Spider-Man movie with a crane. :D
We need a crane in Homecoming, let us have one Marvel, I WANT ONE.

That final battle is brutal, and it's amazing that half of it is without music, helps with the atmosphere.
Dude, yes! It's still one of the best superhero movie fights after all these years in my opinion.

Dude, yes! It's still one of the best superhero movie fights after all these years in my opinion.
I agree, the lack of shaky cam helps a lot in making it a fantastic classic spectacle.

I think the absence of music is so effective because of how prominent the sweeping themes had been to that point in the movie. The sheer brutality combined with enhanced audio of blows and crashes really upped the perception of the damage done.

Saw Wonder Woman, blew me away. It was heartfelt, funny, genuinely exciting and my god it looked gorgeous! I just had a blast watching it

I won't be watching Wonder Woman as soon as most of you fellas, theater experience makes me uncomfortable, and I'm not a big enough fan of the character to go out of my way for her movie.

In other news; the new footage of the upcoming Spidey game dwarves every previous Spider-Man game, they look pretty lame when I think about them. Though, I think the new footage shows at least two awkward looking moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"