Patrick Stewart Returns As Professor X

They're clearly building up towards something major that will take multiple heroes to win so they may not call themselves Avengers but it will definitely be the equivalent.

Hasn't Feige said there wouldn't be any more Avengers films?

I take it something like Young Avengers is on the pipeline, though when is the question.
Young Avengers just sound discount Avengers to me.

Avengers 5 is too big to passed on. Characters like Shang-Chi, the Eternals, Namor, Warlock, Blade, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and I guess the lead characters that debuted in D+ would be safe bets for Avengers 5 or 6.

Someone like Shang-Chi, Sersi, Namor and the other well known characters (we haven't seen in Avengers) wouldn't be fitting for Young Avengers, as the actors playing them are already in their mid 30s.

As I suspected, just a random variant from a random never-before-seen universe that happens to reuse an actor for the sake of fanservice. Had absolutely nothing to do with the Fox movies.

In a way, this kind of makes the first X-Men the first MCU film. :grin:

No it doesn't. This Xavier had nothing to do with the Fox movies. It could have been literally any actor playing the character, hell it could have been an alligator, and nothing would have changed about the story. The Fox movies were not acknowledged or referenced at all.

It's an entirely different situation from No Way Home, which retroactively weaved the narratives of the Raimi and Webb Spider-man movies into the shared narrative of the MCU. The Raimi Spider-man movies are, at this point in time, the oldest movies to be included in the shared narrative of the MCU's meta-narrative. Xavier in this movie was nothing more than a cute homage.

As I suspected, just a random variant from a random never-before-seen universe that happens to reuse an actor for the sake of fanservice. Had absolutely nothing to do with the Fox movies.

No it doesn't. This Xavier had nothing to do with the Fox movies. It could have been literally any actor playing the character, hell it could have been an alligator, and nothing would have changed about the story. The Fox movies were not acknowledged or referenced at all.

It's an entirely different situation from No Way Home, which retroactively weaved the narratives of the Raimi and Webb Spider-man movies into the shared narrative of the MCU. The Raimi Spider-man movies are, at this point in time, the oldest movies to be included in the shared narrative of the MCU's meta-narrative. Xavier in this movie was nothing more than a cute homage.

They referenced Days Of Future Past. He literally QUOATED the Xavier from that film.

They referenced Days Of Future Past. He literally QUOATED the Xavier from that film.

Also, they used the Animated Series theme for his intro.

Both FOX staples.

That's not connecting the narrative, those are easter eggs. This Xavier is not the Foxverse Xavier, nor is he the Animated Series Xavier, the universe he's in is totally different.

That's not connecting the narrative, those are easter eggs. This Xavier is not the Foxverse Xavier, nor is he the Animated Series Xavier, the universe he's in is totally different.

I get that but you incorrectly stated that they never referenced the FOX movies and that's not true.

The other actors in that universe are not the MCU versions either but that's where they originated from. They're all variants of the MCU versions we're all familiar with.

Stewart was the lone exception. He originated from the FOX universe. The Xavier in this film is a variant of that Xavier.

That's the whole reason they used him. Because of those movies.

Again, I don't understand why some of you guys have to keep reiterating that this is a variant Xavier. No one ever contested that fact so there's no need to repeat obvious information.

I was responding to the post that seemed to be under the impression that this was the Fox universe Xavier, even though he's very clearly an Xavier from a completely different universe where red lights mean "go", pizza comes in ball form, and a bunch of non-mutant heroes and villains exist.

I get that but you incorrectly stated that they never referenced the FOX movies and that's not true.

The other actors in that universe are not the MCU versions either but that's where they originated from. They're all variants of the MCU versions we're all familiar with.

Stewart was the lone exception. He originated from the FOX universe. The Xavier in this film is a variant of that Xavier.

That's the whole reason they used him. Because of those movies.

That's not how the multiverse works. A variant can look like literally anything. An animal, the opposite sex, a different race, a different age, there's probably a universe where Xavier is a refrigerator. What you're saying makes no sense, there's no rule that variants have to "originate" from some other universe.

And by "acknowledge or reference" I mean acknowledging that the events of the Fox movies actually happened. I'm not talking about fun little meta references that are just a wink and nudge to the audience.

Last edited:
I was responding to the post that seemed to be under the impression that this was the Fox universe Xavier, even though he's very clearly an Xavier from a completely different universe where red lights mean "go", pizza comes in ball form, and a bunch of non-mutant heroes and villains exist.

That's not how the multiverse works. A variant can look like literally anything. An animal, the opposite sex, a different race, a different age, there's probably a universe where Xavier is a refrigerator. What you're saying makes no sense, there's no rule that variants have to "originate" from some other universe.

How the multiverse works? LOL. :funny:

IT'S FICTION!

They used the SAME actor from the FOX movies. That's all that matters. End of story. :grin:

No joke but my fridge is barely working at the moment. Gets filled with ice at the back and the temperature gauge doesn’t do anything. I would be in the market for one of these Xavier refrigerators if they become available. :D

No joke but my fridge is barely working at the moment. Gets filled with ice at the back and the temperature gauge doesn’t do anything. I would be in the market for one of these Xavier refrigerators if they become available. :D

Just make sure you keep it away from redheads, or you might end up with another busted fridge. Also probably shouldn't leave it near any young clones of old canadian guys,

I honestly just took it as this was the xmen tv show version hence the yellow chair and theme song melody that played briefly. Even his outfit was very similar to the cartoon

That depends on whether or not the events of X-Men '97 spawn from the aftermath of Multiverse Of Madness. Could also just be a variant of the animated Xavier, but we'll be certain once more details for that show start coming out.

I will.have to agree on this one. YEs they used Patrick Stewart and referenced DOFP.

but the other characters in that reality were absent in foX-Men verse. There were simply no Christine, Mordo and Strange from X-Men 2000 to the New Mutants 2020.

This is just a new Xavier version yes, variant from another universe. We dont know if he exist in MCU main (616), but fortunately Foxverse isnt part of MCU multiverse

However this Xavier is from earth 838 in MCU multiverse, not from Foxmovies nor from TAS

We dont know if TAS universe (X-men 92, Spiderman 94, Fantastic4 94, Hulk 94, IronMan 94) is part of MCU multiverse maybe we 'll have answers when new X-men disney+show will be released
but all these 90's cartoons are part of the same one universe (Iron Man & Rhody was guest-stars in Spidey shows, X-men appeared too)

Say what you like about the FOX movies, but this wasn't the best potrayal of Xavier that Patrick Stewart has done. Considering how long he had played the character it didn't feel like Stewarts best performance. Perhaps he felt abit disconnected as to who he was meant to be playing. But even his power use was a little underwhelming. He didn't need to be as over powered as the Fox Movies, but at least have him throw up a wall or opticals Scarlet witch had to get through as he tried to say the other wanda. This is where his powers are meant to really work. Not just stand there waiting for his death to come.

It didn't make Scarlett witch look stronger, it made him look really weak. He stood no chance against her. Not even attempt at trying to fight back.

during his entrance we can hear TAS intro theme
it made us suggest he is really from TAS universe but when some explainations occured a few later, we understand he is not

He was a variant version of Charles Xavier from the multiverse that seems to Professor X from X-Men: The Animated Series .

Most of people believed Xavier was the exact version from TAS and Carter the exact version from What-if

The reason Sir Patrick was used is because his Xavier from the FOX movies was ICONIC and DEFINITIVE in the eyes of the general audience.

Fiege knows this.

Using anyone else in the role would have garnered an apathetic reaction from the general audience.

I think the only reason it wasn't the FOX version is that they didn't want to confuse people into thinking they killed the Fox version of the character. Since none of the deaths were reversed. So they just did their own to kill off.

Foxversion definitively doesnt fit with MCU
and time travel isnt the same concept, then, Foxsaga is a total incoherent saga, nothing else. it will be a disaster if it would tie with MCU
people must stop to ask bringing FoxX-men into MCU
Fortunately this Xavier is a new version
We already know the entire life of Prof X in Fox old timeline and new timeline

I liked his cameo. He played the part he needed to for the story, but I admit it was a bit disappointing to see that the cameos never really mattered to the wider mcu.

I doubt it was What If Captain Carter or TAS Xavier, unless they say otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"