Patrick Stewart Returns As Professor X

Loved the DoFP quote. It really got me. Feige knows the X-Men films had impact and uses them perfectly to prop up this multiverse concept.

Xavier should have referenced knowing Wanda or knowing Wanda's parents though. I wouldve liked that.

This will make it somewhat hard to recast Xavier though. I wonder what the plan for that is.

I'm having an MCU marathon at the moment and plan on watching Raimi's and Webb's Spider-Man films after Loki. Seeing as how the Multiverse opens up, it seems like a good way to watch them. Same with the Venomverse films.

I like to make things connect with the MCU in my own way. This even goes for the Netflix shows and AOS. Even if they're all variants.
I mean its up to you. But they weren't produced by Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige don't mention as Mcu films.

Patrick Stewart, Tobey, Andrew, Charlie CoX, Tom Hardy
Anson Mount
their characters they played in the mcu movies are automatically mcu characters, but the movie/series they first appeared in are still not Mcu despite the connection/crossover.

Stewart looked ridiculous in that chair. He disappeared into it like a small child in something adult sized. I love his Xavier but really I think this was the place to introduce the MCU version.

Stewart looked ridiculous in that chair. He disappeared into it like a small child in something adult sized. I love his Xavier but really I think this was the place to introduce the MCU version.

I don't think it was. Too much going on in this movie to introduce Mutants, Xavier, and the X-Men.

Patrick Stewart is clearly a variant. Just like Loki and Spider-Man - not all the Charles Xaviers we would see in the mcu are played by the same actor.

The chair looked ridiculous only because it covered his stomach... lol.

I don't think it was. Too much going on in this movie to introduce Mutants, Xavier, and the X-Men.

Why would you suddenly need to introduce all of that with a different bald man in a chair? We wouldn't need any further explanation than we already had. There's another prominent character in the line-up with a new casting and that didn't require any exposition. Presumably they will be back, people are interested and speculating based on this appearance. It would be the same with Xavier.

Why would you suddenly need to introduce all of that with a different bald man in a chair? We wouldn't need any further explanation than we already had. There's another prominent character in the line-up with a new casting and that didn't require any exposition. Presumably they will be back, people are interested and speculating based on this appearance. It would be the same with Xavier.

Except why and how would that work in the context of this movie and this story? Why would you have the MCU Professor X in this role and what is he doing?

Except why and how would that work in the context of this movie and this story? Why would you have the MCU Professor X in this role and what is he doing?

Again, for the same reason the other previous Fox-adapted character was recast: To set up the future over simply referencing the past. Patrick Stewart playing this character has no bearing on the role Xavier plays in this story, absolutely nothing about the role would have to change with a different actor. I don't get why you presume it wouldn't 'work' or would require any additional material. Pretty much everyone in that group appears there with little-to-no explanation, they didn't need it. Most of them are variants from within the MCU itself, Stewart stands out to me because of it.

So Patrick Stewart has portrayed Professor X for 22 years in 8 movies. Damn.

Patrick Stewart worked because general audience were familiar and already have a connection with him from the previous movies and made for a bigger impact with what they were going.

Recasting you don't necessarily have to introduce the X Men or mutant concept but you have to give audiences more time to process the new face for the characters fate to have an impact.

And died 3 times. Ha. Poor bugger.

I thought this would be a record for deaths for the same Marvel character on film, until I remember that Dr. Strange dies 14 times (that we're shown) from Dormamu, then gets snapped out of existence, then has three variants die in this film, but I guess we only see two die on screen. Albeit, Xavier's deaths are more powerful as we didn't think he was coming back any of those other times, and his death scene in Logan is heartbreaking.

Just read an interview with Sir Patrick on Variety and he hinted we might not have seen the last of his Xavier. :ninja:

Well, you know what they say:
fourth death's the charm. :funny:

On a serious note, why would they bring him back? Unless he's voicing Xavier in X-Men '97, I can't really picture a scenario where his return doesn't feel forced.

Patrick Stewart has had some experience in voice acting so him actually voicing animated Xavier would be dope. :up:

I don't see Secret Wars happening in the next five years though. I imagine it'll probably be built up much like the Infinity Saga was and likely premier sometime in 2028-2031 if that.

Someone pointed out on Twitter earlier that Xavier has died more times on screen than Uncle Ben. :funny:

I don't see Secret Wars happening in the next five years though. I imagine it'll probably be built up much like the Infinity Saga was and likely premier sometime in 2028-2031 if that.
yeah we don't even know the neXt Avenger film is.

Hasn't Feige said there wouldn't be any more Avengers films?

I take it something like Young Avengers is on the pipeline, though when is the question.

What a treat this movie was. From the TAS theme to the yellow chair (and striped tie!) to the DoFP quote. I was grinning from ear to ear.

Hasn't Feige said there wouldn't be any more Avengers films?

I take it something like Young Avengers is on the pipeline, though when is the question.

No he never actually said that despite what clickbait websites wrote.

What he said was, in 2019, he called Avengers Endgame the "final" Avengers movie. Make of it what you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"