Patrick Stewart Returns As Professor X

I think that Xavier is a variant that we haven't seen before, possibly an evil variant. He will be the only mutant who appears in the film. This film will have no impact on the status of mutants in the MCU reality.

Fox verse clearly dont fit with MCU and multiverse

If we travel back in time we can change the future timeline in Fox.
in concept of multiverses MCU, this create another timeline

I think that Xavier is a variant that we haven't seen before, possibly an evil variant. He will be the only mutant who appears in the film. This film will have no impact on the status of mutants in the MCU reality.
It makes no sense to use Xavier as a bait and switch.
He is there for a reason.
Just because we don't know what that reason is, doesn't mean that his presence the film is some kind of fakeout

I think he's a variant, like how Garfield and Tobey are variants of Tom's Peter Parker.

I doubt they would keep Sir Patrick Stewart for Marvel Studios' X-Men.

Anyway, its a good stunt casting Xpecially to those who misses the OT X-Men cast.

I think he's a variant, like how Garfield and Tobey are variants of Tom's Peter Parker.

I doubt they would keep Sir Patrick Stewart for Marvel Studios' X-Men.

Anyway, its a good stunt casting Xpecially to those who misses the OT X-Men cast.
I agree. I think the MCU X-Men need to stand apart from Fox X-Men and have a fresh start. I love Patrick Stewart as Xavier and happy for this cameo, but I don't want to see him continue the role past this.

His age (81) is certainly a big role especially if we consider that the X-Men are probably going to have a lot of eXposure in the 2030s. Unless they decide the Professor is only appearing in a handful of films, then I guess they could bring back Sir Patrick Stewart for 2 X-Men movies, but we aren't even getting Marvel Studios' X-Men anytime soon.

But still eXtatic for this appearance neXt week, its been more than 5 years since Logan.

Given his age, I'd rather Stewart be a variant so another actor can be cast in the future. If they didn't waste Ben Kingsley, I would have loved to see him be the MCU's Professor X. Maybe
Colin Firth.

I'm confused as to why this is still even a discussion? There was nothing leading up to this movie implying that this Xavier would be anything more than a variant of the Fox universe.

Heck, in the recent spoiler-ific TV spot,
he has the golden chair from the animated series, which should put this to bed.

I don't even think this will necessarily be connected to the Fox universe outside of using the same actor. The universe this Xavier comes from might very well have absolutely nothing else in common with the Fox universe.

His age (81) is certainly a big role especially if we consider that the X-Men are probably going to have a lot of eXposure in the 2030s. Unless they decide the Professor is only appearing in a handful of films, then I guess they could bring back Sir Patrick Stewart for 2 X-Men movies, but we aren't even getting Marvel Studios' X-Men anytime soon.

But still eXtatic for this appearance neXt week, its been more than 5 years since Logan.
Yeah, I want the Prof X introduced in the MCU X-Men film to be one they plan on keeping around for a very long time.

they were the highlight of the movie! They got the most cheers when i saw it a few hours ago.
Çaptain Carter, Mr. Fantastic and the Professor got the loud cheers. I don't think the audience remembered Black Bolt and Carol's bff that much.

Man, I wasn't expecting the
animated series motif to play when he appeared, but that moment gave me goosebumps. Seeing him with the green jacket too, top notch stuff.

I think it's a shame they wasted him after that, but I suppose he did inform variant Wanda of what was going on and I suppose understand her to some degree.

The chair looked way too big for him. It practically covered is whole body

Think it would have been miles better if he had
successfully managed to pull variant Wanda out of the possession, temporarily or not before MCU Wanda killed him. We could have had some dialogue between those two beforehand, maybe with a small reference to Jean.

There were multiple ways to make the Illuminati vs Wanda fight scene better that didn't require her completely wiping the floor with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"