Patrick Stewart Returns As Professor X

I’m glad. While Logan got a fitting and noble death in his movie, I always hated how Xavier went out after spending so many movies with him. It was sad and not how I would want him to go.

I think this is going to be a variant of Professor X from the Fox Men universe so not exactly the same Xavier we saw in Logan.

Just for the record, though, Xavier never actually died in that movie, and it wasn't intended to be an ending for the character, since the post credits scene revealed that he transferred his mind into another body. So it was basically just a fakeout death.

Since the franchise never revisited this post-credit scene, and the next time we see him is Days of Future Past, I take that as he died in X3. Otherwise, how did he transfer his mind to another person only to get his original body back?

With that said, I hope we get Peters’ Quicksilver back for real this time!

Since the franchise never revisited this post-credit scene, and the next time we see him is Days of Future Past, I take that as he died in X3. Otherwise, how did he transfer his mind to another person only to get his original body back?

With that said, I hope we get Peters’ Quicksilver back for real this time!

He had his original body in the X-men 3 post credits scene. I think the "official" explanation was supposed to be that the alternate body was actually Xavier's twin brother that he accidentally mind wiped in utero. Alternatively, I think it's also possible that Xavier simply projected his appearance and voice into the minds of people who saw him, so they would recognize him. But this was never clarified on screen because...well, you know, Fox X-men doesn't care about clarifying such things I guess. But regardless, that is very much Patrick Stewart lying in bed in the X3 post credits scene.

X Men: The Last Stand (2006) - Post Credits Scene - YouTube

Also the next time we see Xavier (chronologically) is actually in the post credits scene of The Wolverine, where Logan is surprised to see that he's still alive, and Xavier just gives a vague hint that he used his "gifts" to survive.

Last edited:
I’m glad. While Logan got a fitting and noble death in his movie, I always hated how Xavier went out after spending so many movies with him. It was sad and not how I would want him to go.

Very much agreed. Logan was a high point to end on critically and a fitting end for Wolverine, but as the final bow for the character of Xavier it was super bleak and brutal. That's not to say whatever happens here is going to be a better send-off, but I'm happy to see Chuck again after Logan.

It brings about larger concerns about MCU X-Men though. Considering Fiege said he wouldn't recast Goblin and Otto, and Stewart's reprisal here; does that mean Xavier will be the same way?

An alternate timeline Xavier. Glad they brought Sir. Patrick Stewart back . Can’t wait to see who’s with him in the Illuminati group.

Very much agreed. Logan was a high point to end on critically and a fitting end for Wolverine, but as the final bow for the character of Xavier it was super bleak and brutal. That's not to say whatever happens here is going to be a better send-off, but I'm happy to see Chuck again after Logan.

It brings about larger concerns about MCU X-Men though. Considering Fiege said he wouldn't recast Goblin and Otto, and Stewart's reprisal here; does that mean Xavier will be the same way?
I hope not. I love Stewart but he’s up there in age. We need a younger Professor and honestly a new take on the X-Men than Fox’s “let’s throw cameos and see what sticks” approach.

Pretty sure this will be a one-and-done thing.

Didn't Days of the future past retcon the whole OG xmen triology so that Jean Gray, Cyclops and Prof X did not die in Xmen 3 ?

As for the xmen 3 post credit scene, what i recalled was that xavier transferred his mind to his twin brother and leaving Moira MacTaggert startled.

Didn't Days of the future past retcon the whole OG xmen triology so that Jean Gray, Cyclops and Prof X did not die in Xmen 3 ?

As for the xmen 3 post credit scene, what i recalled was that xavier transferred his mind to his twin brother and leaving Moira MacTaggert startled.
That's all correct.

He is alive shown to be alive in the (new) 2023 and dies again (pretty definitively) in 2029. That does leave a small door open for an appearance of this version - since the MCU is currently taking place around 2024 / 2025.

Much more likely that it's a variant though.

I personally like the rumor that it's the live action version of the Professor from the animated series.

vc1sklgmucz71.jpg

If so, wonder if he'll pull off a US accent hahaha

Awesome if Stewart plays Xavier from TAS, making X-men TAS part of MCU as alternate variant universe.

But we dont know if Illuminati members are all from this Illuminati universe, or from several universes but joining in this Illuminati universe

I sincerely hope Stewart plays an original MCU variant, not the Foxverse one. Really dont want it becoming part of MCU variant universe, like Raimiverse and Amazingverse! I prefer to have TAS being MCU variant universe instead of Foxverse.

And I definitively like P.Stewart in the role, not McAvoy
Hate the new x-men casting from new timeline

Last edited:
Will be great to see him if he’s in and I expect it to be a one off.

Not a question of if, that is clearly his voice in the trailer lol

However, we have explored all historical events of Charles Xavier from Foxverse
(old timeline: First Class to dystopian DOFP , new timeline: First Class to dystopian Logan)

FoxXavier cant fit with MOTMXavier member of Illuminati.

That's thing about Hollywood.
You can never say never.
Actors deny all the time, and people tend to believe them ,because, they're good at their job.
I actually think he's gonna make an appearance as the rumors have claimed.
He said he was done with Picard but they coaxed him back for 3 x 10ep seasons no less (I was expecting a mini series)

He said he was done with Xavier but obviously something has made him say 'yes' again

Even if they say never, circumstances change, and time heals

He said he was done with Picard but they coaxed him back for 3 x 10ep seasons no less (I was expecting a mini series)

He said he was done with Xavier but obviously something has made him say 'yes' again

Even if they say never, circumstances change, and time heals

That's the thing fans always seem to miss.
People can, and do, change their minds.

Just because he felt one way ,at one point, doesn't mean his view is carved in stone, never to be changed.

I’m psyched to see Patrick Stewart back as Xavier

I just hope the rumor of
Xavier getting killed by Wanda
isn’t true, because that would really suck

Sincerely hope he'll play an original variant, not the one from Fox saga

Pretty sure that's the case.

He sounded much younger in this than he does on Star Trek: Picard. I wonder if they somehow used lines from previous movies, or some kind of tech to alter his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"