Patrick Wilson is Orm

I loved the way the brow of his silver helmet/mask moved and was expressive.

The whole movie was just so unabashedly comic book-y.
Yes, nice effect. :D

He was a really solid villain. Maybe a bit vanilla or generic in terms of his motivations, but Wilson does a pretty damn good job with his performance in this. He looked so dope when he dawned that full Ocean master costume too. Him in those action sequences was so amazingly comicbooky.

Patrick Wilson did a great job as Orm. Also when he becomes Ocean Master... that comic book accurate suit with the helmet... man, ripped straight from the comics. Beautiful!
I loved his Ocean Master look. Couldn’t have asked for more on that front.

He was a solid villain, mostly because of Wilson's performance (reminded me of Weaving's Red Skull at times) and the bit where they imply he returned all our trash was my favorite. I hope they don't kill him in the sequel.

This was the best DCEU villain so far easily

I agree whole-heartedly. I'd even put him up there in the pantheon of CBM's all-together. As someone before me said, it was shades of how Hugo Weaving handled Red Skull. Comes as no surprise to me though.

I read a review that said Wilson played the role without conviction. I feel like the reviewer saw a different movie.

That reviewer wasn't paying attention. I think what happens is familiar tropes start to reveal themselves and then they check out mentally whereby missing the actual performance.

Patrick Wilson's one of the best working actors today, for my money. Watchmen, The Conjuring (both), Bone Tomahawk, and now Aquaman...the guy cannot turn in a subpar performance. Even his turn in the schlocky Lakeview Terrace is a win.

As others have already mentioned, I love that Orm in look is basically classic Aquaman with blonde hair and blue eyes.

I read a review that said Wilson played the role without conviction. I feel like the reviewer saw a different movie.
What a strange thing to say. I really can't see where that comment could come from.

I thought Orm was pretty decent - I didn’t think he stood out very much, but I liked what he did do. I wanted to see more of his relationship with Mera, though.

He did a fantastic job. He and Wan really have a good sense of how to get the most out of the characters he portrays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"