Patty Jenkins & Gal Gadot reunite for ‘Cleopatra’

Can't wait to see Gal with the Cleopatra haircut and Egyptian outfit.

Wasn't there an Asterix and Cleopatra book?

Wasn't there an Asterix and Cleopatra book?

Damn right there was!

250full-asterix-and-obelix%3A-mission-cleopatra-photo.jpg

Great to see both come back together. Im interesting what Gal will do with some tougher material. Im confident she can do this. Its just annoying all the hate she gets on twitter for "white washing".

I’m wondering if maybe people who say that only know her from one role so they think she’s Greek? Who knows

Damn right there was!

250full-asterix-and-obelix%3A-mission-cleopatra-photo.jpg

I would actually love it if Gal wore a costume more like this

1449129449474.png

Or maybe more like this?

4ae81cbd0e2d5db4f67652c1b816a0e6.jpg

I'm sure she can have many costume changes, but that Monica Belluci one above looks a little gaudy and less classic.

Now imagine if Chris Pine signs up to play Caesar or Mark Antony.

Chris Pine could even play Alexander the Great if they wanted a flashback to that. William Shatner played Alexander prior to Star Trek.

1449129449474.png

Or maybe more like this?

I'm sure she can have many costume changes, but that Monica Belluci one above looks a little gaudy and less classic.
Lol, those pics of Cleopatra looking really pissed and stomping her foot is what I mostly remember from reading the Asterix books decades ago. Haven't sen this in ages.

Technically, Wonder Woman could make a cameo saying hi to Cleopatra.

It could be a time travel plot where Wonder Woman (who bears an uncanny resemblance) has to take the place of Cleopatra for a few days while the queen is sick.

It could be a time travel plot where Wonder Woman (who bears an uncanny resemblance) has to take the place of Cleopatra for a few days while the queen is sick.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you even need time travel? Isn't Wonder Woman like 5000 years old?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you even need time travel? Isn't Wonder Woman like 5000 years old?

I suppose there doesn't need to be that aspect. I was thinking of the episode of the Star Trek cartoon where Spock time travelled back to meet his ancestor and then had to take his place for some important event in Vulcan history.

1449129449474.png

Or maybe more like this?

Cleopatra also made an appearance in another book and one character couldn't stop admiring her nose. I think he was in Asterix & Cleopatra as well.

Cleopatra also made an appearance in another book and one character couldn't stop admiring her nose. I think he was in Asterix & Cleopatra as well.

They all kept admiring her nose in Asterix and Cleopatra. Is she supposed to have had a special nose in real life?

They all kept admiring her nose in Asterix and Cleopatra. Is she supposed to have had a special nose in real life?

No.
Maybe because she was Greek and the "Greek profile" ie : good looking with a nice nose line, Uderzo & Goscinny created her with a special nose.
I think I posted a recreation of Cleopatra face in the A.Jolie thread.

Last edited:

Cleopatra’s Nose.

Pascal, in these writings, remarked, “Cleopatra’s nose, had it been shorter, the whole face of the world would have been changed.”

He believed that had Cleopatra’s nose been smaller, she would have lacked dominance and strength of character that an impressive nose granted, in her times and that, if her nose had been different, great men like Caesar and Antony would not have fallen under her spell and we might still be speaking Latin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"