Rogue Squadron Patty Jenkins' Rogue Squadron - Christmas 2023

Of all the announcements today this is literally the only one that straight up hyped me up

RS1 and RS2 were two of my favorite games growing up, had them on N64 and GameCube. So stoked for this, feel like a kid again lol

A Rogue Squadron movie was what I thought Rogue One would be when it was first announced, and I'm as neutral on the idea now as I was back then. Not unwilling to give it a chance, just not especially enthusiastic. Not that I'm complaining when they're basically covering every aspect of Star Wars in one show/movie or another, though.

This could be so awesome, pumped!!!

Looking forward to this! If this movie takes place post-ROTJ I would love to see Wedge be one of the central characters. And my choice to play Wedge would be Cillian Murphy. He’s about the right age and bares a resemblance to Dennis Lawson

Hopefully we also get a new Rogue Squadron game too. The N64 and GameCube games were so much fun

Jenkins is great and is a pro.

Hopefully Kennedy, Lucasfilm, and Disney don't screw it up and lose her.

Looking forward to this! If this movie takes place post-ROTJ I would love to see Wedge be one of the central characters. And my choice to play Wedge would be Cillian Murphy. He’s about the right age and bares a resemblance to Dennis Lawson

Hopefully we also get a new Rogue Squadron game too. The N64 and GameCube games were so much fun

I'd be ok with a remastered/modernized version of the GCN game. Its still amazing.

I'd be ok with a remastered/modernized version of the GCN game. Its still amazing.
I would love that!

EA has access to such a huge back catalog of awesome Star Wars games just begging to get the HD remake. I’m actually surprised they haven’t done that with popular games like Rogue Squadron, Dark Forces, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadows of the Empire, etc. It’s easy money for them

Wow looks like Disney got her away from WB!! CRAZY!!

Christmas 2023.

I teared up a little with this announcement. Such a nice way showing a little girl turning pain into something positive, and turning her passion and dreams into reality.

I just totally buy Jenkins' passion with everything she does.

Last edited:
Star Wars meets Top Gun?

Yes,

yes very very please

:lns:

Really excited for this. That video was a great way to generate confidence and hype.

Big question. When in the timeline do we think this is supposed to take place? I watched the actual video where Kennedy introduced it and the exact wording was "Rogue Squadron will move us into a future era of the galaxy".

Does that mean it takes place post-TROS? Post ROTJ? It sounds post-TROS to me by that wording, but it's vague and you'd think they would stick closer to the classic era especially as that's what people associate with RS.

Since Star Wars is technically long, long ago, a future era would have to be after Rise of Skywalker.

More seriously, though, if they didn't mean post-TROS, then that wasn't very well worded. My best guess, they want to use this movie to skip past the sequel trilogy era and all the mixed feelings that comes with it and build up something new.

Since Star Wars is technically long, long ago, a future era would have to be after Rise of Skywalker.

More seriously, though, if they didn't mean post-TROS, then that wasn't very well worded. My best guess, they want to use this movie to skip past the sequel trilogy era and all the mixed feelings that comes with it and build up something new.

I feel like it's gotta be either that, or "future era" was used in the most vague and corporate-y way possible to mean that this is intended to open up a new franchise, even if it's set in the OT era.

"future era" sounds like post-Rise of Skywalker, which if so would be the furthest in the timeline any SW property is going so far.

But might not have been what she meant.

Excited about a Rogue Squadon movie. A little disappointed this will be an original. Would love to see a Rogue Squadron based on the Stackpole books.

I feel like it's gotta be either that, or "future era" was used in the most vague and corporate-y way possible to mean that this is intended to open up a new franchise, even if it's set in the OT era.

"future era" sounds like post-Rise of Skywalker, which if so would be the furthest in the timeline any SW property is going so far.

But might not have been what she meant.

Given that the announcement video and the logo both feature T-65B X-Wings I assume it will be post-OT, but pre-ST. The sequel trilogy and The Resistance have clearly confirmed that T-70 and T-85 X-Wings have replaced the old T-65s, so it would make no sense for this film be set after TROS.

Gonna call it-- McQuarrie is the secret screenwriter. That's my bet.

Yeah after the blunder that was WW84, I won't be surprised if Kennedy axes her like she has done to so many Star Wars directors before. The Star Wars brand cannot risk another clunker of a movie.

Yeah after the blunder that was WW84, I won't be surprised if Kennedy axes her like she has done to so many Star Wars directors before. The Star Wars brand cannot risk another clunker of a movie.
I highly doubt Jenkins gets the boot. For one, Lucasfilm/Disney will probably want to avoid another high profile firing, especially to a female director, after what happened with Lord & Miller and Benioff & Weiss.

I didn’t think WW’84 was as bad as many have made it out to be. I liked it though it’s not as good as the first. I’ve read that Jenkins got a lot of free reign with WW’84 as in she made the movie she wanted to make. With Rogue Squadron I can see Disney putting some restrictions and maybe even having someone like Filoni & Favreau to consult

So, "meddling by Committee" approach is OK when Disney does it but bad when WB does it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"