Pirates Vs. Ninjas! Naruto Vs. One Piece!

Jplaya2023 said:
One piece is basically finding some buried treasure. I seen a few eps of it, i remember them fighting someone on the ship about some food or something. From that point on it turned me off. (no homo)
It's a show about pirates, what did you expect? Naruto is a show about Ninja, with one boy wanting to be the best Ninja. Hardly a jump in subject material.

Gaara not losing to no croc man, he wouldnt even be touched by the sand.
Heh, hahaha. Why do think I would like to sea that match-up? Crocodile has sand powers. He's pretty similar to Sandman from Marvel. And there we have a triple threat. Gaara Vs Crocodile Vs Sandman. Gaara isn't allowed to go Shukaku

Not to mention the 3rd Hokage sama could problably beat the entire one piece crew because of his advanced ninja skills.
While he's busy trying not to have his elderly body shattered by Luffy/Zoro/Sanji, he could have his neck snapped by Robin while she's sitting reading a book and drinking a cocktail.

Not to mention These naruto cats smiliar to DBZ can increase their power expodentially like naruto can go 9 tails, sasuke can go break his seals and get stronger and stronger etc... Can one piece do anything similiar to that??? Can they summon bullfrogs with swords, snakes, racoons during battle??? Those cats stand no chance against naruto and thats real talk
Real talk is that Enel, who might as well be classed as a God of lightning, could take out Konoha in one go.

Enzyme said:
It's a show about pirates, what did you expect? Naruto is a show about Ninja, with one boy wanting to be the best Ninja. Hardly a jump in subject material.

No but the storylines and character development blow one piece out of the water it boats upon.

Enzyme said:
Heh, hahaha. Why do think I would like to sea that match-up? Crocodile has sand powers. He's pretty similar to Sandman from Marvel. And there we have a triple threat. Gaara Vs Crocodile Vs Sandman. Gaara isn't allowed to go Shukaku

Lol so basically Gaara has to hold back while the others go full power, yeah thats really fair. In a fight anything goes. Gaara wins. Can croc control sand at his will whether he wants the help of sand or not like Gaara sama can

Enzyme said:
While he's busy trying not to have his elderly body shattered by Luffy/Zoro/Sanji, he could have his neck snapped by Robin while she's sitting reading a book and drinking a cocktail.

Get your mind right, I'm talking about Hokage Sama Prime and in that state nothing gets passed him or touches him unless he wants it to happen. And what happens when hokage sama uses the chidori and kills them at once. Not to mention no one in 1 piece has speed like any of the naruto cats so they wouldnt even be able to hit them.
Enzyme said:
Real talk is that Enel, who might as well be classed as a God of lightning, could take out Konoha in one go.

Lol @ this so now lightning is suppose to kill one of the most feared villages ever. Get your mind right.

Real Talk 101 Zabuza can do damage to one piece.

Jplaya2023 said:
No but the storylines and character development blow one piece out of the water it boats upon.
Ummmmmm, no.

Lol so basically Gaara has to hold back while the others go full power, yeah thats really fair. In a fight anything goes. Gaara wins. Can croc control sand at his will whether he wants the help of sand or not like Gaara sama can
I said Gaara has to hold back because Crocodile and Sandman don't have access to 200 foot tall Demons. Gaara is the one in the fight, not Shukaku.

Get your mind right, I'm talking about Hokage Sama Prime and in that state nothing gets passed him or touches him unless he wants it to happen. And what happens when hokage sama uses the chidori and kills them at once. Not to mention no one in 1 piece has speed like any of the naruto cats so they wouldnt even be able to hit them.
He might be one of the greatest Ninja Konoha ever had, but he's still a man. Still flesh and bone. One Chidori can't kill 7 people at once, and it probably wouldn't even work on Luffy. And as for speed, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UyxwlFz-Qs

Lol @ this so now lightning is suppose to kill one of the most feared villages ever. Get your mind right.
My mind is right, I watch both shows and am in a better postion to judge this than your obviously bias opinion as you said you only watch Naruto. Look at this video, Enel creates a ball of lightning so big it destroys and entire island. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URSEFwQvzXk

Real Talk 101 Zabuza can do damage to one piece.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean everyone in Naruto can beat everyone in One Piece. Zabuza could kill Nami and Usopp, but Zoro would kill him before he had the chance.

Zolo would only win cause he's the good guy.
And Enel vs all 9 tails released Naruto is something I'd like to see.
god of lightning vs evil demon fox god.

Both shows are fun and entertaining in their japanese versions.

Both shows are sheer and utter sin in their american versions.

I like Luffy and his dreams of being a pirate king.

I like Naruto and his dreams of being basically ninja king.

But Naruto has a more complex world and back story. As the story progresses, there are more elements that would engage the reader.

One Piece has less predictable plots, and from what I've seen there isn't as much stalling and filler. The battle against Orochimaru in Konohoa took forever. I almost lost faith in the series because of that. And I stopped watching around episode 150, but my friends tell me that it's not worth trying to get new episodes.

So while I think that Naruto is initially a better series. One Piece shows more promise and will not get boring after 150 episodes. In fact, you don't even have the whole team until many episodes in. While in Naruto, most characters are present from the beginning, and new characters are added as needed. It's a little too obvious.

Though Naruto is a better character than Luffy, IMO. He has more depth to him, and shows more emotions. Luffy is impossible and almost nightmarish in that you never truly know what's on his mind. He's kind of creepy. He has a one tracked mind and it reflects on his character making him only 2D.
Naruto on the other hand has fears, hopes, desires and other things. All aside from one day becoming hokage. Naruto has reachable goals, and one big future goal. He wants to be happy, have friends, and basically be loved because he never knew love...and was hated his whole life. He has reasons behind his goals.

Luffy just looked up to this pirate and wanted to be like him.

For that reason, Naruto would more likely reach his goals, than luffy. Luffy, being defeated again and again would soon just get pissed and give up or die. Naruto has to keep fighting because he is his dream, and people are counting on him.

Naruto would also beat Luffy in a fight. Because if Naruto was in Luffy's world, he could just knock luffy into the water. Naruto can walk on water, so he'd win. If Luffy was in Naruto's world....Naruto would have the advantage of trees and stuff for ninja tricks. And Luffy's stretching would be minimized by the lack of space.

So draw your own conclusion but I think Naruto is the better show.

ChineseFooD said:
For that reason, Naruto would more likely reach his goals, than luffy. Luffy, being defeated again and again would soon just get pissed and give up or die. Naruto has to keep fighting because he is his dream, and people are counting on him.

Do you actually read the manga? Luffy isn't going to give up that easily. Sure his dream may be a simple one, but that's not why he keeps fighting. He keeps fighting because of his friends, his comrades, because he doesn't want to lose them, ever. He'd rather die. If his opponents are stronger, that simply means he has to get stronger himself. Just like Naruto he has people counting on him.

And he's gotten rather strong lately. I've read all 410 chapters that are out right now and Luffy has
figured out to move so fast that he just disappears. His powers evolved a whole step and you can't track his moves at all and his strength create shockwaves after his fists collided with his opponent. Damn, he was able to take out opponents who have the ability to harden their body to the point that they are as strong as steel. And you know what? He can even evolve his abilities a 2nd step.

what ever those bankai transforming mofo's are would cut the living **** out of both of them...

damn, those guys are hardcore...

Yeah, Bleach characters are in a whole different league.

titan101 said:
naruto owns one piece on everything.:o
I wouldn't say all that.
The one piece characters are just as fast as Naruto characters.
Well actually, I'm just talking about Zolo and Captain Kuro.
Also in their defense most One piece characters survive critical hits that should kill a regular human easy. Like Luffy was shot at point blank range with a cannon several times during one fight and still had energy to continue. Zolo was sliced all over his body in his fight with Hawk eye, and suffered injuries that would kill a man from serious blood lost.
When it comes to a fight between the one piece characters and Naruto characters you can't write anyone off.

TheVileOne said:
Alright folks, so now the debate of pirate vs. ninja rages on. And it's no more relevant in two of the most popular anime in Japan currently. Naruto and One Piece.

I got to be honest, I say the ninjas win.

i dont think ninja can win.....one piece just like dbz.......unlimit power up.... especially the curse fruit!!

So Luffy just learned to disapear. Naruto has been disapearing since the first book. Not only can Naruto characters "disapear" but they can teleport. Naruto somehow has time to not only do a replacement justsu, but turn himself into another object like a shuriken, to be thrown by his clone before anyone even notices. And that's only his beginning moves.

Naruto's punches as Kyubi also create shockwaves, also he has an almost unlimited supply of chakra to work from. And he's only getting stronger. Now it seems that his father may have been the 4th Hokage. So not only does he have the nine tails to draw power from, but his body might just be that much stronger than a normal ninja's.

And no one would even try to argue that Luffy is as strong as Kakashi or Sasuke's brother, Itachi. But Naruto is stronger than Kakashi and maybe even stronger than Itachi.

So at most it could only be a draw. Because it takes Luffy 412 chapters to get to a level the naruto had before most of his cast was even introduced.

Besides, Naruto can walk on water. If he fought Luffy on Luffy's turf....Luffy would die. Because he can't swim. All Naruto would have to do is Rasengan him into the ocean, and then beat the **** out of him as he drowns.

EDIT:

-Dual Post!

-KILLING SPREE!

-ChineseFooD takes the lead!

Juggernaut!!

WTF!!! Why is everybody underestimating freaking One Piece!!!! Straw Hat pirates would annihilate any Chunin easily.

Ultra-Herald9 said:
WTF!!! Why is everybody underestimating freaking One Piece!!!! Straw Hat pirates would annihilate any Chunin easily.
I wouldn't say all that. But I do believe its a closer competition than just saying one side wins easily.
I think most of these fights will be close ones if paired up right.

Sloth7d said:
I wouldn't say all that. But I do believe its a closer competition than just saying one side wins easily.
I think most of these fights will be close ones if paired up right.

But you have to admit that Naruto beating Luffy is pretty freakin dumb Luffy gets underestimated as a fighter but he is really skilled and durable. But if Naruto started pulling some tail transformations then I could see Luffy finally losing.

Ultra-Herald9 said:
But you have to admit that Naruto beating Luffy is pretty freakin dumb Luffy gets underestimated as a fighter but he is really skilled and durable. But if Naruto started pulling some tail transformations then I could see Luffy finally losing.
Yeah, I agree. Naruto would only win if he used the foxes power.
I haven't seen the power increase Luffy has recieved yet, but I think 4tailed Naruto might be too much for Luffy.
I still think the match would be close though.

Sloth7d said:
Yeah, I agree. Naruto would only win if he used the foxes power.
I haven't seen the power increase Luffy has recieved yet, but I think 4tailed Naruto might be too much for Luffy.
I still think the match would be close though.

4 tails would destroy Luffy and thats being fair. Luffy is strong but I don't give him the edge on four tails at all! I was just angry a little because people really seemed to be underestimating the pirates of one piece! They are easily on the same levels and their are even pirates that can deal with Hokage's!

But none of LUffy's crew could beat Hokages. And I'm not talking about later in the series when everyone gets upgrades. I mean book 1 Hokage can beat book 1 everyone.

And then go to the characters later in the series for One Piece. Now Luffy can have his upgrades. Compare them to The Hokages or Orochimaru or Gaara even.

I'm not underestimating the pirate characters. But their skills are just not so great. I think you just like the series more so you're pissed I'm telling you you're wrong.

I hate DBZ sometimes. I really think that DragonBall was better and everything else in the series was crap in comparison. But at the same time I can not deny that Goku and Vegeta are more powerful than almost every other anime character.

I wouldn't be suprised if people start saying Luffy could come "close" in fighting them.

Luffy is tough. Luffy is strong. Yes. Luffy lives in a world of water and yet can not swim. A lot of Naruto's moves could easily destroy a boat. Same with Sasuke, kakashi, even Sakura.

If he fights on land, Naruto has even more of an advantage because he's not wasting chakra.

Naruto would wear him down and then just go kyubi if he had to.

Lee can move faster then sound, has insane fighting skill and there's rumours that he's going to learn to control chakra. That's just overkill.

Sasuke...okay sharingan, all the fire jutsu, his sheer ungodly power...must I go on?

Kakashi.....Zabuza....Which reminds me, Zolo/Zoro is about the skill of Zabuza. Now Zabuza was amazing. But he was one of the first enemies they faced.

It's not underestimating them. It's just the facts. But I can't really get you to understand that. You'll just keep thinking I'm wrong. "It's just your opinion." So let's agree to disagree?

Saw 3 episodes of naruto for the first time then 3 one piece (uncut original versions) and Naruto is for me!

ChineseFooD said:
Kakashi.....Zabuza....Which reminds me, Zolo/Zoro is about the skill of Zabuza. Now Zabuza was amazing. But he was one of the first enemies they faced.

I'm currently at chapter 423, in terms of swordskills, I think Zoro would murder Zabuza. He trains with several tons weight, cuts through steel and the last time he even cut through two incoming freight cars in one move. Not to mention that he fights at a incredible speed with 3 swords at once.

And I can admit that Zoro is better even though Zabuza is my favorite character.

That's the thing everytime someone mentions one piece they talk about chapter 400-something or like something way out there. Zabuza appeared in chapter what? Like 20? if that? I'm sure he'd be even more powerful by his 423rd chapter. So that doesn't proove anything.

zoro was about to be killed by normal humans in his first apperance. He got caught and was beaten. Luffy had to save him. remember? Zabuza was not caught by mere mortals...Who is stronger?

ChineseFooD said:
zoro was about to be killed by normal humans in his first apperance. He got caught and was beaten. Luffy had to save him. remember?

Zoro let himself get caught, otherwise they would've punished the townspeople. Remember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"