Playstation 4 and the importance of E3 2015

all those things added together which make up gameplay and what ultimately accounts for it to be good or bad is pretty much subjective. as for ME, I played through Me1 once I didn't get to play the crap out of it like I did with Me2, but I didn't like the heat based combat. I didn't like Me3's combat much either even though most people find it to be an improvement over Me2.
No, no they really aren't. :funny:

ME3's combat is a refined take on ME2's. It is definitely better, even if the game isn't.

Not sure I follow that. Are you talking about intricacy/complexity of combat, enemy design and level design? Otherwise anything to do with style differences of those is down to preference. Explain more if you want to as I don't think I got the gist.
Things like hit detection, enemy AI, controller response, and the mechanics of the combat as a whole are not subjective. They are actually quite objective, as they are can easily be quantified. Now how much enjoyment once gets of course is completely subjective.

You ever see someone complain about how the game is cheap or such? This can be true. A game could have inconsistent in its hit detection that leads to one doing the exact same thing against the same attack and not working because the code is crap. That is why something like Dark Souls and Bayonetta are fantastic from a design prospective. You are rewarded for your consistency, for learning and doing the right thing. If you hit at the right moment, you are rewarded. If you dodge an enemy attack at the right time, you are rewarded. This is why FPS and netcode matter.

Last edited:
Oh right. That makes sense.

No, no they really aren't. :funny:

ME3's combat is a refined take on ME2's. It is definitely better, even if the game isn't.
yeah, yeah they really do:funny::funny::funny::funny::3P0:

because for example, it is of MY opinion that most aspects the combat in Me2 was much better than Me3. The only improvement in Me3 I liked over Me2 was the unlimited sprint. The cryo ammo had a better effect too, but that's it.

yeah, yeah they really do:funny::funny::funny::funny::3P0:

because for example, it is of MY opinion that most aspects the combat in Me2 was much better than Me3. The only improvement in Me3 I liked over Me2 was the unlimited sprint. The cryo ammo had a better effect too, but that's it.
Are you trying to avoid my point, or do you honestly not get it? Your personal taste does not come into the quality of the gameplay. Preference for unlimited sprint is one thing. Hit detection, enemy AI, and level design is not. Range of vision is not. The overall balance of combat is not.

Are you trying to avoid my point, or do you honestly not get it? Your personal taste does not come into the quality of the gameplay. Preference for unlimited sprint is one thing. Hit detection, enemy AI, and level design is not. Range of vision is not. The overall balance of combat is not.
I've said these words to you before: you made your point. trust me, I get it. It's crystal clear that bioware put forth effort into making Me3's gameplay steps and steps above Me2's. But I did not enjoy the gameplay nearly as much as I did in Me2, and I think Me2's gameplay was better. I know I'm in the minority for thinking that, but that's not gonna change my opinion.

I've said these words to you before: you made your point. trust me, I get it. It's crystal clear that bioware put forth effort into making Me3's gameplay steps and steps above Me2's. But I did not enjoy the gameplay nearly as much as I did in Me2, and I think Me2's gameplay was better. I know I'm in the minority for thinking that, but that's not gonna change my opinion.
That isn't the point. I am not trying to change your opinion or which you enjoyed better. My point is simple. The quality of a games gameplay can be more or less objectively based. Now whether you like it more is completely subjective. I say this as someone who prefers FIFA to Pro Evo.

That isn't the point. I am not trying to change your opinion or which you enjoyed better. My point is simple. The quality of a games gameplay can be more or less objectively based. Now whether you like it more is completely subjective. I say this as someone who prefers FIFA to Pro Evo.
Even though Me3 was made with a higher production quality - I don't think the end result - speaking purely about gameplay - was on par with Me2, not on all fronts. But I mean this 100% when I tell you that I understand what you're saying.

and i'm pretty fifa's the more popular soccer franchise anyway.

Even though Me3 was made with a higher production quality - I don't think the end result - speaking purely about gameplay - was on par with Me2, not on all fronts. But I mean this 100% when I tell you that I understand what you're saying.

and i'm pretty fifa's the more popular soccer franchise anyway.
FIFA is more popular, but has started lagging behind in terms of gameplay again. Or it was a couple years back. I haven't touched a full Pro Evo game in a while.

FIFA is more popular, but has started lagging behind in terms of gameplay again. Or it was a couple years back. I haven't touched a full Pro Evo game in a while.
word. i'm not buying it till they stop with the cross gen ports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"