Infinity War Plot Rundown for Infinity War Based on What We Know (Including Leaks, SPOILERS)

liveman789

Side-Punch
Reaction score
I gathered all the info we know from the trailer, Super Bowl spot, CC trailer, LEGO sets, image/video leaks, prelude comics, and set photos to put together what is my guess on the events of the film. If you pop around the MCU reddit, you may have seen this already. I got some good feedback, so I decided that I'd share it here as well.

Spoiler tagging it just in case:

- Thanos obtains the Power Stone from Xandar (what will be the opening, IMO).

- (Here is where I guess we'll get a quick update on what all, or most of, the characters have been up to since we last saw them).

- Thanos intercepts Thor and crew.

- Thor is defeated and left floating in space, Loki gives Thanos the Space Stone, and Hulk/Banner is somehow sent back to Earth and crashing into the Sanctum. Thanos splits the Black Order up to get the Mind and Time stones, while he goes to get the Reality Stone. Fates of Heimdall, Valkyrie, Korg, Miek, and Loki are left unknown.

- Doctor Strange finds Banner and alerts Stark of this. Stark arrives, and Banner warns them of what is coming (if he remembers).

- Vision is seemingly hiding away somewhere with Wanda (since she's a fugitive). Corvius Glave and Proxima Midnight find them and attack to obtain the Mind Stone from Vision. Cap, Falcon, and Widow eventually arrive and help them escape.

- Ebony Maw (and Cull Obsidian? we know the least of his whereabouts out of the 4) arrives at NYC to obtain the Time Stone. Stark, Banner, Strange, Wong, and Parker are present for this presumed fight. There is a set photo of Banner in the scene where he's talking on the phone that Cap sent Tony, so perhaps Tony gives him the phone to regroup with Cap and his team (who all eventually go to Wakanda).

- The Guardians find Thor in space. Thor informs them of what has happened.

- Thor takes Rocket and Groot with him to go to Nidavellir. Perhaps to create a weapon (LEGO sets include Jarnbjorn) capable of destroying the Gauntlet (since the Dwarves likely made that).

- Team Cap goes to the upstate headquarters with Wanda and Vision (who seems injured) for unknown reasons (to get a jet, perhaps?). From here, they go to Wakanda, as Cap knows that's the safest place for Vision, as well as the only place with the technology to safely remove the Mind Stone from his head. I'm guessing Rhodes was probably at the headquarters when they arrived, which is why he ends up in Wakanda with them. And they meet up with Banner in Wakanda, who arrives in the Hulkbuster.

- Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, and Mantis go to Knowhere, perhaps to see if the Collector has any useful information. There, they see Thanos interrogating The Collector for the Reality Stone. Something happens where the whole room ends up in shambles, with Gamora looking particularly upset.

- Tony and Strange somehow board that large circular ship in NYC and go off into space, eventually crash landing at that mysterious planet (this is from the CC trailer, you can tell it's the same circular ship). Parker seemingly sneaks on as well (possibly why he apologizes to Tony in the CC trailer), and ends up on this planet with them. He somehow gets the new armor at some point after boarding.

- Now this is where it starts to get tougher to connect. Somehow, Star Lord and crew meet up with Tony, Parker, and Strange on this planet. Where this is is still unclear. The Guardians need a reason to come here, so perhaps it's a demolished Xandar? They know that's where the Power Stone was, so maybe they go here to check how Thanos left the planet after finding out he already has the Power Stone when they encountered him with the Collector. The bigger question in this case would be why Tony Strange,, and Parker coincidentally land here as well. Anyways, Thanos arrives (who still only has the Space and Power Stones, where could the Reality Stone be?) and they fight. Nebula seems to show up at this fight as well. There is a line in the CC trailer by Tony: "He's coming to us, that's what we'll use." If that's said on this planet (he could also be saying that before Ebony shows up in NYC), what could be the reason why Thanos would come to them? Tracking the ship, maybe? Or maybe Thanos is somehow capable of tracking the stones? There's a good chance Strange still has the Time Stone, as Ebony Maw seems to be out of the picture at this point.

- Final battle in Wakanda. Thanos' forces want in likely because this is where they are keeping Vision and the Mind Stone.

- ???

So, there's my take. I'll probably update this again when we get a knew trailer in a month or so. Let me know what you think or if I missed anything. Or if you have any ideas/speculation as well.

I gathered all the info we know from the trailer, Super Bowl spot, CC trailer, LEGO sets, image/video leaks, prelude comics, and set photos to put together what is my guess on the events of the film. If you pop around the MCU reddit, you may have seen this already. I got some good feedback, so I decided that I'd share it here as well.

Spoiler tagging it just in case:

- Thanos obtains the Power Stone from Xandar (what will be the opening, IMO).

- (Here is where I guess we'll get a quick update on what all, or most of, the characters have been up to since we last saw them).

- Thanos intercepts Thor and crew.

- Thor is defeated and left floating in space, Loki gives Thanos the Space Stone, and Hulk/Banner is somehow sent back to Earth and crashing into the Sanctum. Thanos splits the Black Order up to get the Mind and Time stones, while he goes to get the Reality Stone. Fates of Heimdall, Valkyrie, Korg, Miek, and Loki are left unknown.

- Doctor Strange finds Banner and alerts Stark of this. Stark arrives, and Banner warns them of what is coming (if he remembers).

- Vision is seemingly hiding away somewhere with Wanda (since she's a fugitive). Corvius Glave and Proxima Midnight find them and attack to obtain the Mind Stone from Vision. Cap, Falcon, and Widow eventually arrive and help them escape.

- Ebony Maw (and Cull Obsidian? we know the least of his whereabouts out of the 4) arrives at NYC to obtain the Time Stone. Stark, Banner, Strange, Wong, and Parker are present for this presumed fight. There is a set photo of Banner in the scene where he's talking on the phone that Cap sent Tony, so perhaps Tony gives him the phone to regroup with Cap and his team (who all eventually go to Wakanda).

- The Guardians find Thor in space. Thor informs them of what has happened.

- Thor takes Rocket and Groot with him to go to Nidavellir. Perhaps to create a weapon (LEGO sets include Jarnbjorn) capable of destroying the Gauntlet (since the Dwarves likely made that).

- Team Cap goes to the upstate headquarters with Wanda and Vision (who seems injured) for unknown reasons (to get a jet, perhaps?). From here, they go to Wakanda, as Cap knows that's the safest place for Vision, as well as the only place with the technology to safely remove the Mind Stone from his head. I'm guessing Rhodes was probably at the headquarters when they arrived, which is why he ends up in Wakanda with them. And they meet up with Banner in Wakanda, who arrives in the Hulkbuster.

- Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, and Mantis go to Knowhere, perhaps to see if the Collector has any useful information. There, they see Thanos interrogating The Collector for the Reality Stone. Something happens where the whole room ends up in shambles, with Gamora looking particularly upset.

- Tony and Strange somehow board that large circular ship in NYC and go off into space, eventually crash landing at that mysterious planet (this is from the CC trailer, you can tell it's the same circular ship). Parker seemingly sneaks on as well (possibly why he apologizes to Tony in the CC trailer), and ends up on this planet with them. He somehow gets the new armor at some point after boarding.

- Now this is where it starts to get tougher to connect. Somehow, Star Lord and crew meet up with Tony, Parker, and Strange on this planet. Where this is is still unclear. The Guardians need a reason to come here, so perhaps it's a demolished Xandar? They know that's where the Power Stone was, so maybe they go here to check how Thanos left the planet after finding out he already has the Power Stone when they encountered him with the Collector. The bigger question in this case would be why Tony Strange,, and Parker coincidentally land here as well. Anyways, Thanos arrives (who still only has the Space and Power Stones, where could the Reality Stone be?) and they fight. Nebula seems to show up at this fight as well. There is a line in the CC trailer by Tony: "He's coming to us, that's what we'll use." If that's said on this planet (he could also be saying that before Ebony shows up in NYC), what could be the reason why Thanos would come to them? Tracking the ship, maybe? Or maybe Thanos is somehow capable of tracking the stones? There's a good chance Strange still has the Time Stone, as Ebony Maw seems to be out of the picture at this point.

- Final battle in Wakanda. Thanos' forces want in likely because this is where they are keeping Vision and the Mind Stone.

- ???

So, there's my take. I'll probably update this again when we get a knew trailer in a month or so. Let me know what you think or if I missed anything. Or if you have any ideas/speculation as well.

I think you’re pretty close. I think

The scene with Tony, Bruce and Strange in NYC takes place before Corvus Glave and Proxima Midnight go after Vision. I think Tony and Strange go to the floating ship in NYC where Peter is. As they’re leaving Tony gives Bruce the phone to call Cap and tell him to go protect Vision due to his possession of the mind stone.

I thought Marvel said we haven't seen the final battle yet. Wakanda might be act 2.

I thought Marvel said we haven't seen the final battle yet. Wakanda might be act 2.

IIRC, all they said was that Thanos throwing the moon was not in the climax of the film. So Wakanda is likely that. But we've barely seen much of the Wakanda battle at all, so there's surely a lot that's going to happen that we don't know about.

Wakanda feels like Act 2 to me. I am guessing it ends in defeat for the Avengers and Thanos gets what he was looking for.

I think the Wakanda battle is only the end of Act 2. I don't think we have seen any footage from the finale of the movie yet.

I feel like this is 5% of the movie

Wakanda feels like Act 2 to me. I am guessing it ends in defeat for the Avengers and Thanos gets what he was looking for.

I think the Wakanda battle is only the end of Act 2. I don't think we have seen any footage from the finale of the movie yet.

I feel like this is 5% of the movie

I hope so. Really. But we've never had a first trailer for an Avengers film (let alone MCU film?) that didn't show at least parts of the finale of the movie. Gotta remember how many characters and moving parts there are in this film.

That said, we've seen so little of the battle of Wakanda that I wouldn't be too worried about it being a stale third act (same with the Thanos fight on that planet, which I'm betting is happening at the same time).

Another vid relating to the MCU 10th Anniversary includes some new BTS footage of Elizabeth Olsen training, Cap with some sort of spear/staff (maybe Proxima Midnight's?) & Star-Lord on wires flying, but the most interesting thing is the gauntlet prop @0:23 with 4 of the Infinity Stones in, but not Time or Soul. In my opinion, looks like Thanos gets Power Stone first from Xandar, then Space from Loki, Reality from Collector, Mind from Vision, then maybe Time from Doctor Strange, then finally Soul in that order?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03oASZBEBlE

stones-1081333.jpeg

Another vid relating to the MCU 10th Anniversary includes some new BTS footage of Elizabeth Olsen training, Cap with some sort of spear/staff (maybe Proxima Midnight's?) & Star-Lord on wires flying, but the most interesting thing is the gauntlet prop @0:23 with 4 of the Infinity Stones in, but not Time or Soul. In my opinion, looks like Thanos gets Power Stone first from Xandar, then Space from Loki, Reality from Collector, Mind from Vision, then maybe Time from Doctor Strange, then finally Soul in that order?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03oASZBEBlE

stones-1081333.jpeg

Pinky is Soul Stone, it's probably just hard to tell here with the lighting. Mind Stone has been shown to be placed on the back hand in everything else.

I feel like this film is gonna throw us all for a loop and we really haven't seen the final battle. there's 40 plus characters in this film and a good runtime. That leaves a good amount of space for numerous conflicts between the characters.

I feel like this film is gonna throw us all for a loop and we really haven't seen the final battle. there's 40 plus characters in this film and a good runtime. That leaves a good amount of space for numerous conflicts between the characters.

Yeah that battle in Wakanda doesn't seem to feature Thanos, or anyone else who was in that scene with the moon. No way in hell that is the final battle

Yeah that battle in Wakanda doesn't seem to feature Thanos, or anyone else who was in that scene with the moon. No way in hell that is the final battle

It could be, we've barely seen anything of it. Thanos could be as as well for all we know, as well as Tony a Thors' groups.

I ran into these supposed leaks a while ago. This seems like a good place to post them.

-Thanos attacks Xandar and reclaims the Power Stone. The Guardians of the Galaxy begin following him.

-Thanos attacks the Asgardians' spaceship and beats Thor, who is left for dead and later found by the Guardians. Loki trades the Space Stone for the Asgardians' lives and becomes one of Thanos' advisors, while Bruce Banner ends up back on Earth and unable to turn into the Hulk, and meets Doctor Strange.

-Thanos sends his forces to Earth to prevent Banner from jeopardizing his plans. Doctor Strange and Banner contact Iron Man just as Thanos' warship attacks New York City. Spider-Man joins the battle while Iron Man calls Captain America for help. Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian steal the Time Stone from Strange.

-Meanwhile, Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight attempt to steal the Mind Stone from the Vision, who is with the Scarlet Witch in Scotland, but they are rescued by Captain America, Falcon, Black Widow and Hawkeye and sent to Wakanda so that Black Panther can protect Vision.

-Thor, Rocket and Groot visit the Dwarf King Eitri to get Jarnbjorn and find out more about the Infinity Gauntlet, while Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax and Mantis finds Thanos torturing the Collector for information on the Reality Stone.

-The Guardians follow Thanos to an alien wasteland where the Reality Stone is hidden, and where they meet with Iron Man, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange. Spider-Man is severely injured before Thor, Rocket and Groot arrive to rescue them. Thanos uses the Infinity Gauntlet to cause the entire planet to collapse.

-Meanwhile, on Earth, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Falcon arrive to help Black Panther defend Wakanda from Thanos' forces. The Winter Soldier is brought out of cryosleep, War Machine and Banner piloting the Hulkbuster also join the battle.

-Banner manages to turn into Hulk and kill Cull Obsidian, while the Avengers defeat Proxima Midnight and Ebony Maw.

-Corvus Glaive kills Vision and reclaims the Mind Stone, but is then killed by Captain America. Thanos arrives and reclaims the remaining Stones from his children, curbstomping the heroes before the Guardians arrive to help.

-Thanos goes after the Soul Stone, which is guarded by an alien keeper and can only be reclaimed by someone wielding all the other Stones. He sacrifices Gamora to gain control of the Soul Stone and reshapes the Universe to his will, establishing himself as supreme ruler.

-Loki sacrifices himself to momentarily stall Thanos and bid the surviving Avengers and Guardians enough time to escape.

-After mourning their fallen comrades, the heroes prepare to venture into the heart of Thanos' galactic empire and destroy him once and for all.

Sounds great to me even if it all turns out to be fake.

I ran into these supposed leaks a while ago. This seems like a good place to post them.

-Thanos attacks Xandar and reclaims the Power Stone. The Guardians of the Galaxy begin following him.

-Thanos attacks the Asgardians' spaceship and beats Thor, who is left for dead and later found by the Guardians. Loki trades the Space Stone for the Asgardians' lives and becomes one of Thanos' advisors, while Bruce Banner ends up back on Earth and unable to turn into the Hulk, and meets Doctor Strange.

-Thanos sends his forces to Earth to prevent Banner from jeopardizing his plans. Doctor Strange and Banner contact Iron Man just as Thanos' warship attacks New York City. Spider-Man joins the battle while Iron Man calls Captain America for help. Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian steal the Time Stone from Strange.

-Meanwhile, Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight attempt to steal the Mind Stone from the Vision, who is with the Scarlet Witch in Scotland, but they are rescued by Captain America, Falcon, Black Widow and Hawkeye and sent to Wakanda so that Black Panther can protect Vision.

-Thor, Rocket and Groot visit the Dwarf King Eitri to get Jarnbjorn and find out more about the Infinity Gauntlet, while Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax and Mantis finds Thanos torturing the Collector for information on the Reality Stone.

-The Guardians follow Thanos to an alien wasteland where the Reality Stone is hidden, and where they meet with Iron Man, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange. Spider-Man is severely injured before Thor, Rocket and Groot arrive to rescue them. Thanos uses the Infinity Gauntlet to cause the entire planet to collapse.

-Meanwhile, on Earth, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Falcon arrive to help Black Panther defend Wakanda from Thanos' forces. The Winter Soldier is brought out of cryosleep, War Machine and Banner piloting the Hulkbuster also join the battle.

-Banner manages to turn into Hulk and kill Cull Obsidian, while the Avengers defeat Proxima Midnight and Ebony Maw.

-Corvus Glaive kills Vision and reclaims the Mind Stone, but is then killed by Captain America. Thanos arrives and reclaims the remaining Stones from his children, curbstomping the heroes before the Guardians arrive to help.

-Thanos goes after the Soul Stone, which is guarded by an alien keeper and can only be reclaimed by someone wielding all the other Stones. He sacrifices Gamora to gain control of the Soul Stone and reshapes the Universe to his will, establishing himself as supreme ruler.

-Loki sacrifices himself to momentarily stall Thanos and bid the surviving Avengers and Guardians enough time to escape.

-After mourning their fallen comrades, the heroes prepare to venture into the heart of Thanos' galactic empire and destroy him once and for all.

:hmr::hmr::hmr::hmr:

I'd buy that for a dollar...

Do you know when and where these were posted? If after the trailer and CC footage, then a lot of this could easily be speculation.

But if this was posted before any of that, then this has a lot more weight to it.

Sounds a lot more like speculation based on having seen the trailers than a "leak"

It sounds like a outline anybody could come up with who has seen the trailers.

Unless there is a link to well before the trailers came out this is just piecing together known facts.

Sounds a lot more like speculation based on having seen the trailers than a "leak"

It sounds like a outline anybody could come up with who has seen the trailers.

Unless there is a link to well before the trailers came out this is just piecing together known facts.

Yeah, sounds like mostly what we know already while they're just filling in the blanks. It all depends on when these were posted.

The only thing out of line with what we have seen is the mention of Hawkeye who is nowhere to be found in any of the released footage and the "death" of Gamora which is either 100% wrong or a really lame death that will be reversed in A4.
I really dread any fake deaths in these two movies.

I watched Grimm for 5 seasons and the bitter icing on the cake was the "death" and rebirth of the entire cast in the last 2 episodes. Awful.

The only thing out of line with what we have seen is the mention of Hawkeye who is nowhere to be found in any of the released footage and the "death" of Gamora which is either 100% wrong or a really lame death that will be reversed in A4.
I really dread any fake deaths in these two movies.

I watched Grimm for 5 seasons and the bitter icing on the cake was the "death" and rebirth of the entire cast in the last 2 episodes. Awful.

Yeah. I mean they hid plenty of characters before in trailers (CW airport fight and AoU final battle come to mind), but I don't know why they would edit out Hawkeye from those scenes.

And if they did kill anyone in IW, I doubt they'd reverse it at this point. Even if it were Gamora. The only rebirth I could see happening (while not feeling eye-rolling) is Vision, given his odd predicament as a living being.

I do think Hawkeye is in the film, but I don't think he'll interact much with the other characters until Avengers 4.

I’ll say this, I like this plot description because it confirms my theory on who is piloting the Hulkbuster armor in the movie. I’m so certain of it that it makes it seem likely the rest is true.

Do you know when and where these were posted? If after the trailer and CC footage, then a lot of this could easily be speculation.

But if this was posted before any of that, then this has a lot more weight to it.

I've read the source, it's reddit Marvel spoilers group, and it was after the trailer and CC footage. The guy who posted it claims to work for Marvel lights department, but to me these "spoilers" seem just a speculation.

Normally the plot of Marvel movies is really different from trailers.

I know that I'm in the minority but... Lack of Nebula in most leaks makes me suspect they are not as accurate as they might seem.

They have built up Nebula far more than Thanos as a character and her dialog and arcs in both GOTG films revolve mostly around her relationship with Thanos. At the end of GOTG 2 she goes off to confront Thanos. I'm sorry but it seems to me they have laid a trail that on some level she plays an important role in IW. Why have any of that material at all (which has zero payoff as Thanos is hardly in GOTG1 and is absent GOTG2 so...) if you aren't going to bring that arc to a conclusion and these two Infinity Avenge s films are the only places where that can probably happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"