Poison Ivy Casting Thread

Looks-wise I wouldn't mind Saoirse Ronan but can she switch off that thick Irish accent and pull off an American one?

I'd be all for Rebecca Ferguson though, her role in Doctor Sleep was practically an audition for Poison Ivy.

Looks-wise I wouldn't mind Saoirse Ronan but can she switch off that thick Irish accent and pull off an American one?

I'd be all for Rebecca Ferguson though, her role in Doctor Sleep was practically an audition for Poison Ivy.
Yes, she clearly can. Ladybird her American accent was pretty good.

This is interesting, because we can either go with nymph Ivy or supermodel Ivy.

Fun Fact: Ivy was originally modeled after Betty Page.

This is interesting, because we can either go with nymph Ivy or supermodel Ivy.

Fun Fact: Ivy was originally modeled after Betty Page.

I wish the source pool from which an idea sprang from for the writers/artists of a comics character would be studied over by those involved in an adaptation of said character to inform the decision making process as it's really revealing from a characterization standpoint that even longtime readers may not be able to pick up on.

Last edited:
Samara Weaving I would use if more of a cute fun girl buddy take on the character.

Phoebe Tonkin's name has been floated out for numerous fan castings but none of them seemed to really be perfect I don't think until coming across this thread and Poison Ivy seems to fit.

Most of you might recognize her from "The Vampire Diaries" or "The Originals"; she's friends with Margot Robbie and the two of them often go to fashion shows together so there could be good casting possibility there.

D-hF2bZXYAY5286.jpg

I couldn't find any photoshop jobs with her in the Poison Ivy role but do like this character poster of her that was made for season 2 of "The Originals" (Details about this poster given at following link: aboutnicigiri: The Originals Season 2 Character Posters)
1548119_657591471014879_2139044833139242783_o.jpg

This fan rendition utilizing this poster I found interesting here as well:
Phoebe Tonkin Italia by KiraMartell on DeviantArt

The image evokes a kind of draconian stern look yet counterbalanced with a 2nd softer image in fan rendition linked above. I can see the actress putting some dimension behind the Poison Ivy character.

Margot Robbie might be keen on casting her and I think she'd gel well either in The Batman or a Gotham City Sirens/Birds of Prey sequel.
interesting idea. Tonkin usually came up for a TV version of Wonder Woman, but tis might work too.

Thanks. I had some 2nd thoughts a bit after posting that lately but visual wise she seems to be a good fit and can play an ice queen version of Poison Ivy quite well especially in a film noir movie. I suppose it depends on the approach they go with the character but I've seen her name getting tossed around for the Huntress role in the past too so that's how her name caught my attention then seeing she's fashion buds with Margot Robbie as well.

Last edited:
Probably a snowball in hell suggestion, but I think Natalia Tena could make a good Ivy. She can play dark and seductive really well. And if you've seen Game of Thrones, you know she's got the body for it.

natalia-tena-redhead-258580.jpg

Young Ivy got magically aged up so their could be a sexy Ivy on Gotham.

Not gonna lie, the last Ivy in Gotham was pretty much perfect.

As for Julia Fox... I could see it.

For anyone who's watched Mr. Robot, Stephanie Corneliussen would make an AMAZING Poison Ivy. She's got the looks (with dyed hair or a wig), and she's an extremely talented actress. There's one scene in the first season where she switches her demeanour from cordial to lethally dangerous using only her eyes, something Poison Ivy would definitely do.

MV5BMTcwNjQzMjAwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDA0MzE1MDE@__V1__SX1223_SY590_1.jpg

sheesh, she is stunning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"