Poison Ivy Casting Thread

No thanks. She looks like a teenager, which is why she’s always cast as one.

giphy.gif

20-22 looking Poison Ivy doesn’t match with this. Maybe for a movie with Margot. But even then...Hawke doesn’t have the body type for it and her acting style doesn’t make me think Poison Ivy.

20-22 looking Poison Ivy doesn’t match with this. Maybe for a movie with Margot. But even then...Hawke doesn’t have the body type for it and her acting style doesn’t make me think Poison Ivy.
She won't be 22 by the time of a sequel. Also I don't even remotely see how her body type is wrong for Ivy.

Not even remotely? I’m wondering what about her acting style, personality, looks, past work is making anyone think that she would fit this role? It’s like saying Josh Brolin should play the Riddler..

Maybe Patrick Schwarzenegger can play Mister Freeze next to her Ivy.

I'm seeing a lot of people floating around the idea of Ivy being an "eco terrorist", and if that's the case, maybe she doesn't need to be played by a voluptuous actress. Just going by that description, I see more dirty hoodies, anarchist t-shirts, less leafy corsets.

I'm seeing a lot of people floating around the idea of Ivy being an "eco terrorist", and if that's the case, maybe she doesn't need to be played by a voluptuous actress. Just going by that description, I see more dirty hoodies, anarchist t-shirts, less leafy corsets.

If they want to go that route, then I would suggest Joy's Last Night in Soho co-star, Thomasin McKenzie

She could totally play a mousey , yet unhinged radical .

actor-thomasin-mckenzie-66270_large.jpg

1285707_leave-no-trace-3-c-quinzaine.jpg

thomasin-mckenzie-bio-3.jpg

sddefault.jpg

She could totally play a mousey , yet unhinged radical.

I'd rather she not be mousey. I think that sort of thing has been done before, albeit with different properties. I'm just thinking less overtly sexy.

Maybe someone like....Kristen Stewart?

kristen.jpg

I'd rather she not be mousey. I think that sort of thing has been done before, albeit with different properties. I'm just thinking less overtly sexy.

Maybe someone like....Kristen Stewart?

kristen.jpg

I'd prefer McKenzie.
She doesn't have to be mousey.
I just used that as an example.
Stewart could do it, but I think McKenzie could give a very dynamic performance.
Her role in Last Night in Soho showed me that .

Great point. Elisabeth Moss could take an interesting route with the character.

THT-D10-Ep407-SG-0288rt-copy.jpg

The-Handmaids-Tale-season-4-episode-3-The-Crossing.jpg

556beb8ce961048c01d5acf82790c6165888b4f5.gifv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"