The Gifted POLARIS the Magnetic Mutant - The Emma Dumont Thread

Despite having limited screen time in the first episode, she stood out.

She should be the main star of this show! And should have rename the show's title to Pxlaris!

Polaris is a badass and an admirable hero. Plus her bipolar personality adds another cool element to her character, making her even more interesting and tragic.

I like the powers they've shown of her so far.

She has been a highlight so far, that's for sure, loved her badass prison moment in ep 2

Sounds good, will watch Episode 2 in a bit.

Can we talk about how amazingly cute that opening scene with Lorna and Marcos was? That was really delightful. In general, I love these small moments where they use their powers for things other than combat, but this one really takes the cake!

and the implanted memory made me laugh a bit.

I would have liked the opening scene if her love interest was someone from.the comics.

And please, get her out of the jail quickly.

Well maybe you aren't just a big comic reader. Though that doesn't give you the right to disrespect my opinion by rolling your eyes.

Its hard to get invested when half of the duo didn't even exist in the source material that this show is supposed to be based of.

Its hard to get invested when half of the duo didn't even exist in the source material that this show is supposed to be based of.

If it was faithful to the comics, she'd be with Alex Summers, who is boring as hell.

And there wouldn't be mutant kids named the Strucker twins who with their human parents are on the run from Sentinel Services and hooking up with a Mutant Underground that includes Blink (whose 616 self died in the Phalanx Covenant) and Dreamer (who was a strung out chain smoking homeless person murdered in the Morlock Massacre) and Thunderbird (whose been dead since a couple months after his very first appearance, in the eighties), because *none of that stuff is in the comics.*

So, yeah, the real problem is that Eclipse is a new character. Yeah.

Love the show for what it is, which is very much not a faithful adaptation of anything from the comics.

Or don't.

But it's not fair to blame it for not being what it was never meant to be.

Well maybe you aren't just a big comic reader.
I have been an X-Men fanboy since I was 12 years old. I just think these movies and shows should be given a chance to try new things. The comics also tried tons of things that never really clicked with me either. Like vampire Jubilee, which even now still annoys me big time. Just because something is from the comics doesn't always mean its better.

Though that doesn't give you the right to disrespect my opinion by rolling your eyes.
I just don't get why you have to take every single possible opportunity to complain about these original characters. We all know you don't like them, but at a certain point, you just gotta ask yourself what you have to win by stating it over and over again. They are not going to go away because they are a part of this show. If Eclipse was a character from the comics, would that suddenly make him ten times better? I don't think that's fair. The actor playing him has been the most charismatic of all the male actors on the show in my opinion, so in my book, he deserves praise for that. They've done a lot to make the audience connect with the character. If there wasn't any previous history, I would say he is more likable than say Warren in X-Men Blue or Storm in X-Men Gold right now. And I actually really like both of those characters. But the fact that he is a character created for the show does nothing whatsoever to change that for me. Yes, I wasn't invested in his character before the show started like with Blink or Polaris, but he quickly won me over because I gave him a chance. You don't seem to be willing to give him or the Struckers a chance at all.

Love the show for what it is, which is very much not a faithful adaptation of anything from the comics.

Or don't.

This actually makes the point much better than I probably ever could.

Last edited:
Her scenes are the highlight of each episode. Emma is great in the role.

I have been an X-Men fanboy since I was 12 years old. I just think these movies and shows should be given a chance to try new things. The comics also tried tons of things that never really clicked with me either. Like vampire Jubilee, which even now still annoys me big time. Just because something is from the comics doesn't always mean its better.

Not using characters from the comics isn't the way to try new things... So what do you want next a X-Men film featuring characters that didn't exist in the comics as the lead.

:whatever: and no I didn't say just because it came from the comics, they are automatically better. But as you can see they are selling this as an X-Men show. So use X-Men characters not create new ones.

I love this character on the show and the actress playing her. Is anyone else convinced this show will evolve into having 2 factions of mutants, a brotherhood-esque one with Polaris as the leader, and a "good" team? To me it is painfully obvious.

^ Polaris vs. X-23 !!! Yeah!

Last edited:
If it was faithful to the comics, she'd be with Alex Summers, who is boring as hell.

And there wouldn't be mutant kids named the Strucker twins who with their human parents are on the run from Sentinel Services and hooking up with a Mutant Underground that includes Blink (whose 616 self died in the Phalanx Covenant) and Dreamer (who was a strung out chain smoking homeless person murdered in the Morlock Massacre) and Thunderbird (whose been dead since a couple months after his very first appearance, in the eighties), because *none of that stuff is in the comics.*

So, yeah, the real problem is that Eclipse is a new character. Yeah.

Or don't.

Maybe Thunderbird's getting killed off? If I recall, they meant to make an X-Factor show. Isn't this it? Maybe we're building up to an X Factor-esque roster. I always liked Multiple Man.

And once again in the 4th episode she is a highlight, hopefully we get to see more of her from now on.

I would love to see Polaris in the big screen!

I've been wondering about her. If they signed Fan Binbing to play Blink for several of the cinematic installments, but they hired Jamie Chung to portray her on TV, would Dumont be replaced by another actress on the big screen? I believe they have two different actors going for the Flash, TV and cinema.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"