Justice League [POLL] Do you think Lex Luthor will return in either JL part 1 or 2?

do you think we get to see the more business like version or more the same of the comical version like in bvs?

If he is going to act the same way they can just kill him off for all I care. :o

It isn't that Jesse's incapable of playing a Lex that most would like, but Snyder totally ran him into the wrong direction and vision. I think more campy than Hackman's! :o

IMG_20150329_150233.jpg

Will Jesse Eisenberg be back and as the classic Luthor?

jesse-eisenberg-briefly-discusses-lex-luthor-role-in-batman-vs-spider-man
Those manips just make me think "What could have been."

:argh:

I'm not sure what you mean by comical, Lex was obsessive in his pursuit of proving to the world the lesson that was beaten in to him by his father, the lie that 'power is innocent'.

Let's take Lex now, he's in jail, disavowed by his company, and willing to unleash Doomsday knowing that Darkseid is on his way to transform the planet.

He may have some knowledge through the scout ship about how to defeat Darkseid, or even the existence of the anti-life equation. But I'm not sure that's something Krypton would even know about.

Not until the Darkseid threat is dealt with is there space for Lex to make an appearance unless the JL go to him for knowledge. That might work. Lex might make a deal in exchange for release, a pardon, and a public acknowledgement of his innocence that'd return him to where he was in exchange for information that leads to the defeat of Darkseid. I'd be happy with that outcome. It leaves Lex back in power and with the JL and a few government officials only aware of his true intentions.

Jesse as Lex was a perfect way to introduce him. We see how he evolves into that more ruthless version with confidence later. In this version we see he is psychotic, and that builds over time. A lot of people just didn't follow the subtleties of his evolution as character. He was not a campy Lex!

i don't think we need a thread that asks if he will be back :confused: clearly he will be back as his involvement in bvs is tied into jl already. anyways, yes his lex was terrible in bvs. we needed business version that superman fans love. we didn't need this bumbling fool lex.

the lex speech in bvs was an abomination.

Jesse as Lex was a perfect way to introduce him. We see how he evolves into that more ruthless version with confidence later. In this version we see he is psychotic, and that builds over time. A lot of people just didn't follow the subtleties of his evolution as character. He was not a campy Lex!

Correct. He was obsessed and played it exactly as it should have been. It's just that some people went in (as always) with their version. This version was obsessed with teaching the world that "power is innocent is a lie", so beautifully explained in his exchange with Senator Finch then reinforced on the roof top scene with Superman.

Frankly it just baffles me the total tunnel vision bias people have. Don't get me started on Batman shouldn't kill ****.

It would have been a smaller development of his character, if he just showed up as the corporate ruthless serious version that modern Superman fans expect. This version will build and be far more interesting.

I'd of been even happier with Rosenbaum playing Lex in BvS, the same way he did on SV to be honest. I'm not even a SV fanboy lol.

It would have been a smaller development of his character, if he just showed up as the corporate ruthless serious version that modern Superman fans expect. This version will build and be far more interesting.

to see the lex that most superman fans want to finally see in live action, would have been amazing. i'd of preferred to skip seeing his development from jar jar lex.

i don't think we need a thread that asks if he will be back :confused: clearly he will be back as his involvement in bvs is tied into jl already. anyways, yes his lex was terrible in bvs. we needed business version that superman fans love. we didn't need this bumbling fool lex.
It's not a question of Lex being back, I agree. There are scenes that implicate his involvement in bringing in the upcoming threat to earth. The greater question is how will he be involved?

Correct. He was obsessed and played it exactly as it should have been. It's just that some people went in (as always) with their version. This version was obsessed with teaching the world that "power is innocent is a lie", so beautifully explained in his exchange with Senator Finch then reinforced on the roof top scene with Superman.

Frankly it just baffles me the total tunnel vision bias people have. Don't get me started on Batman shouldn't kill ****.
If this was a Lex that was manipulating behind the scenes instead of on a rooftop with a kitchen timer.... I'd of been happier :o

eisenberg lex was entertaining to the casual movie goer i guess who wanted comedy relief

Some of you guys need to expand your imagination a bit. This will be a layered Lex over time. You are forgetting this is his first time introduced.

He sucked because the writing sucked and the director didn't make him reel in that stupid ****ing performance

Eisenberg would be a fine Lex with a more subdued performance and better writing
Same thing as with Kevin Spacey (but worse) in that the actor could have pulled it off if driven in a different direction on how to portray the character.

Some of you guys need to expand your imagination a bit. This will be a layered Lex over time. You are forgetting this is his first time introduced.
I'd prefer to like the interpretation from the get go, rather than waiting on it to get to the right level. :o

I don't think it mattered who played Lex if there going to screw up the character this bad. :shrug: Even if we had Heisenberg instead of Eisenberg, if the actor is playing it over the top fughetaboudit.

He sucked because the writing sucked and the director didn't make him reel in that stupid ****ing performance

Eisenberg would be a fine Lex with a more subdued performance and better writing

Pretty sure he did what he was told to do. There's no way an actor of his calibre misses the mark by that much unless specifically instructed to do so.

Pretty sure he did what he was told to do. There's no way an actor of his calibre misses the mark by that much unless specifically instructed to do so.
I can only imagine while shooting it seemed funnier and funnier as he acted a certain way, and Snyder just kept pushing it in that direction thinking it would be most entertaining way. :loco:

If this was a Lex that was manipulating behind the scenes instead of on a rooftop with a kitchen timer.... I'd of been happier :o

Do you not get the point of the timer? It was to distract Superman to give time for Doomsday to grow, otherwise Superman would have gone straight to the scout ship and stopped it.

Lex manipulated every action and counteraction in the movie and he explained all this on the rooftop to Superman. And he delivered in the manner of a child who was abused by his father but still under his father's control even with his father dead. In fact he kept his father's favourite room preserved because he was too afraid to change it. In the end, this was an origin story for Lex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"