Dark of the Moon Rank the transformers movies

Yeah I rank them
Transformers
Dark of the Moon
RoTF

The first was great, imo

1. Transformers: A pretty solid summer blockbuster that's made extremely enjoyable due to it's humor.

2. Dark Side of the Moon: Not a great film by any stretch of the imagination, but it's entertaining and recaptures some of the humor of the first film.

3. Revenge of the Fallen: I have absolutely no interest in ever seeing this again.

Transformers > DOTM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ROTF.

1. Transformers: A pretty solid summer blockbuster that's made extremely enjoyable due to it's humor.

2. Dark Side of the Moon: Not a great film by any stretch of the imagination, but it's entertaining and recaptures some of the humor of the first film.

3. Revenge of the Fallen: I have absolutely no interest in ever seeing this again.

The robot testicles, dogs humping, dog humping Fox, pot humor, Turturro in a thong.... :doh:

Transformers
Revenge of the Fallen
Dark of the Moon

Dark of the Moon is last because, frankly the plot doesn't work with what was established by the first two. And that alone, along with losing Megan, easily puts it behind the second film.

^I would say, as a movie though, it is better than ROTF, I prefer the action in ROTF, and the change from Megan to Rosie is a little jarring at first, but DOTM has grown on me greatly since the cinema and I would say overall it is a better movie.

Transformers
Transformers DOTM
Transformers ROTF

The ROTF was horrendous and I'm glad I checked it out from the library and did not spend a dime on it.

1. Transformers
2. Dark of The Moon
3. Revenge of the Fallen

1. Transformers the Animated Movie (1986) = The only TRUE Transformer movie.

2. Transformers ( 2007) = Pretty good, recaptures the spirit of the first Jurrassic Park movie.

Thats it. Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon were Bull-sh@t.

Transformers > DOTM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ROTF.

The robot testicles, dogs humping, dog humping Fox, pot humor, Turturro in a thong.... :doh:
The testicles, pot humor, and thong I could stand (I just found it funny), but everything else you mentioned was just out of nowhere.

1. Transformers the Animated Movie (1986) = The only TRUE Transformer movie.

2. Transformers ( 2007) = Pretty good, recaptures the spirit of the first Jurrassic Park movie.

Thats it. Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon were Bull-sh@t.

Agreed, even though I think Jurassic Park is a superior film to TF1.

I'd give TF1 a 7 and Jurassic Park a 9.

Transformers: The Movie (1986) - :word: "You got the touch... YOU GOT THE POWAH!!". Enough said. :o

Michael Bay's nonsense - :barf:

That's all I have to say. :woot:

T - 7/10
T: RotF - 5/10
T: DotM - 3/10
T: AoE - 1/10

Seriously can't believe they are making another one.

Last edited:
1. TF 3
2. TF 1
3. TF 2

T1 - 7.5
Transformers rise of fallen - 6.5 - lots of pointless characters
TF dark side of the moon: 9.0 - great 3D, epic action

Last edited:
I never saw the Transformers animated movie. :csad:

TF1 - 3/5
TF3 - 2/5
TF2 - 1/5

Transformers Prime: Darkness Rising- 8.7/10

Best Transformers film ever, even if it was D2DVD. Great action, characters, story and it develops the humans without pushing away the Cybertronians.

Transformers: The Movie- 6/10

An alright movie, but with shoddy animation and too many characters, so they didn't get much developent.

Bayformers- 5/10

An undeniably bad movie,but it has a coherent plot. The characters are not developed, especially all Cybertronians who aren't Bee or Optimus. Villains only show up to get killed.

Bayformers: Revenge of the Fallen- 1.5/10

Worst adaptation of Transformers ever, the worst film I've ever seen after Disaster Movie. It has no plot, just "Pew, pew pew, kabloom!" barely any character development. Everything wrong with the first film is exemplified in this one.

Bayformers: Dark of the Moon- 4/10

Not as bad as DOTM, but still a very bad movie. Like the first film it doesn't have good characters, the story isn't as great, ad it relies too much on mindless action.

Last edited:
Bump. I finally saw DOTM on the weekend when it showed up on TV. Thank goodness for the DVR's "skip" function though...

1. Transformers = 7/10. A decent if unspectacular opening for the series. The only one of the trilogy I feel has any re-watch value.

2. Dark of the Moon = 3/10. There could have been a coherent story there, but Michael Bay don't do that no more. If he ever did. Once the film moves to Chicago it turns into a mix of disaster & action movie pr0n. I found myself hitting "skip" several times in the final 30-40 minutes to get all the ridiculous scenes over with and try to find out if there was any story left.

3. Revenge of the Fallen = 1/10. The forest fight is the only redeeming scene in this burning, stinking, noxious tire fire of a movie. It is still the worst movie I have ever watched in a movie theater.

I have no hope that the fourth one will be any better than the last two.

Best to worst!

1)Transformers- I love this movie, it isn't a setup film, even though it is, it does not feel like it. 4/5
2)Transformers: Dark of the Moon-I loved it, great plot, great acting and also an enjoyable soundtrack to top the experience. 4/5
3)Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen- Okay, this film was good, only until last year it was my favorite until I changed. It is enjoyable but silly. 3/5
4)Transformers: Age of Extinction- I liked it, even though Mark is now the main protagonist now, I got used to it. The best visuals and CGI, great intense fighting sequences. I thought it was okay plot was better than Revenge of the Fallen. However, I had to get used to the new characters. 3/5

Transformers 3 8/10
Transformers 1 8/10
Transformers 2 7/10
4 2/10 ~ horrendous.
5 haven't bothered with yet.

The Last Knight
Transformers (2007)
'86 Animated Movie
Dark of the Moon
Age of Extinction
Revenge of the Fallen

It's honestly kind of hard ranking them. I watched them a few weeks back, and while I enjoyed watching them for the most part, none of them were "good" movies.

TLK definitely has the most elements I like, and (aside from the Hopkins section) it moves along pretty well. It's kind of a fun guilty pleasure that I get the feeling I'll be returning to here and there. The feeling it gives me is the closest this series has come to emulating a Transformers cartoon.

2007 gets second place for being the best technically of the group. It's relatively tight story that moves along and makes sense for the most part. There are a lot of fun ideas in it.

I enjoy the '86 movie, but not as much as most fans. It completely destroys the disguise element that defines the brand and is very much a shameless toy commercial. I sort of wish they had just created new toys of Optimus and co and let this be their moment to shine instead of focusing on new characters who honestly aren't that interesting to me. I only rank it this high because of the soundtrack and the fact that it's weird and kind of does something out-of-the-box.

Dark of the Moon was actually okay, but I didn't enjoy it quite as much on a personal level. It was a bit too long and a lot of generic action movie tropes.

Age of Extinction probably had more elements that I liked than '07 or DOTM, but it had pretty bad pacing that made it less watchable, not to mention the excessive runtime. I also thought it was more sloppily put together, it had pretty poor effects and cinematography that made it feel cheap. I think this and DOTM will flip-flop on my list.

Revenge of the Fallen was by far the least enjoyable to me. The first third (maybe even half) was kind of painful. Things really didn't pick up for me until John Turturro showed up, and even then it never really hit the high points of the others. It felt like the most disposable of the series.

Transformers
Dark of the Moon
Revenge of the Fallen
Age of Extinction
The Last Knight

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member