Justice League Ray Porter IS Uxas/Darkseid

p166-2d-pt3-v4026-0127-210127-19mj-g-r709-320688.jpg

really dig the imagery we are getting with darkseid from this.
he looks like an ancient, elemental evil.

exactly like the sense of dread we got from bvs, even tho he was never shown physically in there.

the comparisons to thanos are inevitable.

200.gif

that thanos cgi was mostly pretty great, imo.
i am not expecting darkseid's cgi to reach that level.

but in terms of the character design itself, i prefer darkseid.
he's a much more classic villain to me, grander.
like something out of an epic poem from the days of yore.

Depends on whether or not one makes actual legitimate criticism that isn't just relegated to the tired and superficial "it looks like insert-console-here graphics" one.

Not to mention that gif is super brightened and contrasted in comparison to the actual shot in the Steppenwolf trailer.

i'm waiting to see the actual movie on my hd tv to reserve final judgement.
but based off the trailers on my phone, it looks good so far.

Depends on whether or not one makes actual legitimate criticism that isn't just relegated to the tired and superficial "it looks like insert-console-here graphics" one.

Not to mention that gif is super brightened and contrasted in comparison to the actual shot in the Steppenwolf trailer.
My superficial comments are not based just on that one gif. He overall looks slightly improved than the first trailer (as expected), but to me the CGI still feels pretty bad most of the times. Steppenwolf's too in various shots. Especially for a movie of this budget.

Now, I'd definitely pass judgement on more substantial aspects of the movie, such as plot, themes and characterisation, but, for one, I haven't seen the film, and furthermore, those characteristics are certainly not Snyder's strongest suits. Visuals are.

the comparisons to thanos are inevitable.

200.gif

that thanos cgi was mostly pretty great, imo.
i am not expecting darkseid's cgi to reach that level.

but in terms of the character design itself, i prefer darkseid.
he's a much more classic villain to me, grander.
like something out of an epic poem from the days of yore.

If you want to keep it simple, you can just say Thanos is inevitable, but DARKSEID IS.

Is this the proper bar for a huge blockbuster movie that spend 75 million dollars just to finish post-production?

You clearly missed the overwhelming amount of sarcasm that was dripping from my post.

OOT, but it still irks me we didn't get that King Conan movie.

Same. I'm still hoping Arnold and friends work something out.

Waiting for a trailer before I cast judgment on the upcoming Netflix Conan series. If they go back to the books that'll be something cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"