Justice League Ray Porter IS Uxas/Darkseid

Anyone else think this feels like a nod to The Thinker?

Or Hank in Breaking Bad. :cwink:

60-EF1-B0-E-87-C4-4-DB1-988-A-38-C9-CFAD4-A11.gif

The work done by Michael Ironside as Darkseid in the DCAU is still one of my favorite incarnation of the character. I’m curious to see what Ray does in the Snyder cut.

Quality stuff :up:

Watched some clips. Other than the extremely fugly armor, I'm very pleased.

Pretty bold to go with someone like Ray Porter, someone who isn't really well known. Does a decent job of sounding intimidating, and design looks alright.

But wasn't really in it enough to form a proper opinion.

The tease of Darkseid, followed by a potential foreshadowing of how events could unfold in an alternate timeline was definitely a treat . Seeing Darkseid on the throne of Apocalypse was pure Jack Kirby goodness and Ray Potter acted the hell out of providing the voice.

I'm sorry guys, but this was so disappointing for me. I can't believe after all the hype, Darkseid basically did nothing but get pwned and run away. Steppenwolf (who was a crappy villain) honestly seemed like more of a threat. And he barely even said anything. Desaad seemed more interesting and honestly, you could have just had him be the main villain in this movie and just avoid Steppenwolf altogether.

Darkseid's appearance here reminds me of Thano's appearances in the phase one MCU movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and the post-credit scenes of the first two Avengers movies. Clearly set up to be the big bad for movies down the road so he sort of stays in the background while other bad guys connected to him fights the heroes first.

That would have worked for me if HE wasn’t the one leading the charge in the flashback sequence because it resulted in him easily getting his a** kicked by one guy, who we all know Diana eventually killed all by herself. It totally undercuts the idea that he’s this major threat to the entire league and the world.

That would have worked for me if HE wasn’t the one leading the charge in the flashback sequence because it resulted in him easily getting his a** kicked by one guy, who we all know Diana eventually killed all by herself. It totally undercuts the idea that he’s this major threat to the entire league and the world.

What?
Did you miss the part where he
  • Got shot full of empowered arrows by Artemis
  • Got a face full of lightning from Zeus
Also, Ares is the f***ing God of War. If any of the Old Gods could land a crippling blow on Uxas, it was him.

And yes, I say Uxas. He didn't possess the Omega Effect by the time he invaded ancient Earth.

He's different now. He's older, wiser, and far stronger.

He is Darkseid.

What?
Did you miss the part where he
  • Got shot full of empowered arrows by Artemis
  • Got a face full of lightning from Zeus
Also, Ares is the f***ing God of War. If any of the Old Gods could land a crippling blow on Uxas, it was him.

And yes, I say Uxas. He didn't possess the Omega Effect by the time he invaded ancient Earth.

He's different now. He's older, wiser, and far stronger.

He is Darkseid.

0AD6BA9F-4C63-48AF-B914-7BC2FC0A95D3.jpeg

Yeah Darkseid was amazing, the short clip of him taking names in a potential Atlantean invasion, not to mention the FREAKING OMEGA BEAMS!

I was initially disappointed in his showing in the flashback scene, but then yeah he took out a Green Lantern with ease, and basically lost when fighting 3 God's all at once. And this was BEFORE he became Darkseid.

Darkseid's appearance here reminds me of Thano's appearances in the phase one MCU movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and the post-credit scenes of the first two Avengers movies. Clearly set up to be the big bad for movies down the road so he sort of stays in the background while other bad guys connected to him fights the heroes first.

That was obvious and that's probably why Zack Snyder left it as a chilfhanger.

Darkseid was downright scary in his last scene. My goodness. Porter was great. I hope for his sake JL 2 and 3 get made, he deserves a big break like this.

Yeah Darkseid was amazing, the short clip of him taking names in a potential Atlantean invasion, not to mention the FREAKING OMEGA BEAMS!

I was initially disappointed in his showing in the flashback scene, but then yeah he took out a Green Lantern with ease, and basically lost when fighting 3 God's all at once. And this was BEFORE he became Darkseid.
Yeah, it’s easy to not quite catch that he took a flurry of consecutive big hits from the most powerful beings. No shame in that loss to me, before he got to the peak of his powers.

I honestly would have liked a bit more Porter and less "rock monster" to the voice. Porter's voice has a fantastic texture to it.

If you look at the shot of Darkseid invading Atlantis, the Omega symbol on his chest looks a little different from how it does in the scene with Desaad. The 1:4 statue being worked on by Weta Workshop also has this different Omega symbol. Just a minor continuity error?

8901554ce2388697f621eb7e9d293636.gif
tumblr_0175249f8f2eb3f3b3670ff3b1ecfdd2_1670f3f1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"