Justice League Ray Porter IS Uxas/Darkseid

I honestly would have liked a bit more Porter and less "rock monster" to the voice. Porter's voice has a fantastic texture to it.

I agree. I've been a teensy bit uncertain as to whether I should bother even voicing this opinion, what with the near universal praise the character's portrayal has gotten, but Darkseid's voice honestly seemed a little too 'deep, generic bad guy' for my tastes.

Not that I expected something high and nasally like Eisenberg's Luthor or Heath Ledger's Joker. :funny: I guess I just expected something a little more interesting and perhaps unexpected for one of DC's ultimate existential threats. I haven't heard much of Ray Porter's actual voice, but from what little I have heard, I think I'd have also preferred it a little more unfiltered in the actual film.

I agree. I've been a teensy bit uncertain as to whether I should bother even voicing this opinion, what with the near universal praise the character's portrayal has gotten, but Darkseid's voice honestly seemed a little too 'deep, generic bad guy' for my tastes.

Not that I expected something high and nasally like Eisenberg's Luthor or Heath Ledger's Joker. :funny: I guess I just expected something a little more interesting and perhaps unexpected for one of DC's ultimate existential threats. I haven't heard much of Ray Porter's actual voice, but from what little I have heard, I think I'd have also preferred it a little more unfiltered in the actual film.

Whose to say this can't be improved later on George Lucas style?

I mean the CGI design of these villains will already probably look even better in black and white.

Next up, hand audio files over to Junkie XL and have them play with voices a bit. I do wonder if maybe just having vocalizations would've been better as these characters shouldn't know English but understand narration wise this would make things limiting.

Oh, and Green Lantern will appear in some future home release of this movie. Zach already shot it but had to replace with Martian Manhunter per studio mandate. He'll put it back in if only an extra on DVD if allowed. :cwink:

Desaad: “I told you Steppenwolf will fail”

Darkseid: “Oi Oi Hiya, you did, yes you did. Hmmm”

Desaad: “I told you Steppenwolf will fail”

Darkseid: “Oi Oi Hiya, you did, yes you did. Hmmm”

The one time it would've been appropriate for Snyder to murder a character. The bloody cheek on this Desaad, who the flying frell does he think he is?

Why did Darkseid just stand there and chill like a total geek? Who even writes this nonsense?

"Yeah, this is Steppenwolf's fight. This planet has what I want, but I'mma just gonna sit back and chill and let this play out. No biggie."

Need a post credit scene with Darkseid putting on his armor saying, “Fine, I will do it myself” :funny:

I honestly was secretly hoping at the end when the boomtube opened Darkseid would step through it and we’d get a little skirmish with the league. I knew it wouldnt happen but was secretelt hoping lol

He might have been concerned he'd get stuck. Wasn't a very large boom tube.

Also, they couldn't have him say "HAVE A CARE, DESAAD"???

Bah.

I would also prefer him to throw a fit, maybe punch Desaad in the face while yelling "FU**NG F***KS IM GOING TO TURN YOUR PLANET INTO MCDONALDS OF UNIVERSE YOU %#%#S". Very Darkseidy.

Anyway seems like he was analyzing the situation and having the best of it. He measured their power, had an armada that would success anyway considering they barely managed to stop a renegade Apokaliptian with limited resources. This was just a setback.

Maybe having a glimpse of Superman's power interested him to have as a pawn as well, just like Knightmare confirmed.

Last edited:
Should have omega beamed the league through boom tube :funny:

WB suits would be pumped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"