X-Men First Class
Possable X-Men First Class Sequels
The Wolverine
X-Men
X2
Deadpool
possable Bryan Singer directed X Sequel

Another way Is to Include Wolverne and Last Stand but Ignore certain parts

X-Men Origins Wolverine-Ignore all reference to Weapon X1 being deadpool.
Just accept SIlverfox's sister Is not Emma Frost.Pretend the scene of Cyclops and other escaped mutants meeting with Walking Xavier didn't happen.

Pro's-Keeps Wolverine's Origin In film canon(even though not as good as flashbacks In X-Men and X2) allows Liev Schreiber's portral as Sabretooth
to remain In Film canon.We have Gambit and Blob on screen.
Cons-It's weapon X scenes don't remain consent with X2.A first Class sequel may have a totally different version of teenaged Cyclops to further cause
COntunity problems.The Bob couldn't show up In a First Class sequel and It hurts using Gambit In a X-Men sequel.Also the Deadpool film reportly has references to wolverine as bad film so even Ignoring weapon XI being
deadpool causes problems

X-Men The Last Stand-Ignore the opening Xavier and Magneto finding jean,
Xavier teaching class with video of Moira,the post credits scene of Xavier waking up in body

Pros-allows Kelsey grammer's performance as beast,Ellen Page's performance as Kitty Pryde and other elements people like from Last Stand to reamin In
film canon.It solves contunity Issues from First class and allows for a new way to find Jean In a possable First Class sequel
Cons-It means Xavier and Cyclops couldn't be brought back In X-Men sequel.
Also It prevents Angel from being Introduced In First Class sequel.

So a good way to view the films may be like this

First Class
Any First Class Sequels
The Wolverine
X-men
X2
X-Men the Last Stand(Ignoring the 3 scenes of Xavier and Magneto finding
Jean,In the classroom with video of Moira,and post Credits scene)
Deadpool
possable Bryan Singer Directed X4

If there are any who make fanedits of films removing what I mentioned of
wolverine and Last Stand would be Intresting to see.

I have been doing some thinking about how to view all the films.First Class
will conflict with X-Men the Last Stand and X-Men Origins:Wolverine by
the following

Having Rose Bryne as Moira MActaggert conflicts with Olivia Williams as Moira
Xavier crippled In the 1960's
Xavier and Magneto have following out In the 1960's

Yeah, Moira being in this would the Moira in The Last Stand was in her 50s or 60s. I don't think I've read anything about Xavier becoming crippled in First Class and I read the Xavier/Magneto fallout as more the begins of their different paths, I don't think at the end of the movie they will have split.

X-Men Origins Wolverine-Ignore all reference to Weapon X1 being deadpool.
Just accept SIlverfox's sister Is not Emma Frost.Pretend the scene of Cyclops and other escaped mutants meeting with Walking Xavier didn't happen.
I think it's kind of tough to ignore full scenes from a film, but much like the whole Sabretooth deal with the first X-Men Wolverine, you could play the two Emma's off as different characters mainly because they were never referred to by name (in the case of Creed he is never referred to as Sabretooth in Wolverine and vice-versa in X-Men).

COntunity problems.The Bob couldn't show up In a First Class sequel and It hurts using Gambit In a X-Men sequel.Also the Deadpool film reportly has references to wolverine as bad film so even Ignoring weapon XI being
deadpool causes problems
The Deadpool referencing Wolverine as a bad film is in line with the comics, because the character frequently breaks the fourth wall/knows he is in a comic.

X-Men The Last Stand-Ignore the opening Xavier and Magneto finding jean,
Xavier teaching class with video of Moira,the post credits scene of Xavier waking up in body
Again it is kind of dumb to ignore full scenes that happened in the films for the sake of continuity, they happened just live with it.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if X-Men: First Class ends up being some reboot, and classic characters like Cyclops and Jean begin to return in sequels with little or no reference to the previous films. I mean technically the film Batman Begins originally set out to be some sort of prequel to Batman '89, although fans immediately knew it was it's own continuity, it deliberately avoided treading on the ground of B89 by using new unused villains. We can already see a drastically different atmosphere both tonally and continuity-wise with First Class. By the time this film potentially sees a sequel, X-Men 1 will be nearly 14 years old (hard to believe right). In that same period of time we've seen Two-Face (Harvey Dent) used three times, Joker redone a plethora of times in different mediums, and four different actors play Batman. It's not out of the question for them to reboot this franchise using First Class as a launchpad.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if X-Men: First Class ends up being some reboot, and classic characters like Cyclops and Jean begin to return in sequels with little or no reference to the previous films. I mean technically the film Batman Begins originally set out to be some sort of prequel to Batman '89, although fans immediately knew it was it's own continuity, it deliberately avoided treading on the ground of B89 by using new unused villains. We can already see a drastically different atmosphere both tonally and continuity-wise with First Class. By the time this film potentially sees a sequel, X-Men 1 will be nearly 14 years old (hard to believe right). In that same period of time we've seen Two-Face (Harvey Dent) used three times, Joker redone a plethora of times in different mediums, and four different actors play Batman. It's not out of the question for them to reboot this franchise using First Class as a launchpad.

Batman Begins was NEVER intended as a prequel, that was just fan speculation .

Harvey Dent used three times?Joker a plethora of times?

Besides any cartoons, Two Face has only been seen twice and Joker twice...

This movie IS going to end up being a prequel, is it really that hard for them to just not include the Wolverine movie?

Besides all this Continuity is only a problem with the pain in the ass x-men fans, the average movie goer doesn't give a **** or won't even notice.

Is anybody really going to be angry if this film isn't in continuity with Wolverine?

Yeah, though Shumacher did apparently want to do a 'Year One' story, but that was years before Nolan and Goyer came on board the franchise with their take.

With Cyclops and Jean not being in first class , how does it affect the continuity. I might be missing something but what exactly is being contradicted.

With Cyclops and Jean not being in first class , how does it affect the continuity. I might be missing something but what exactly is being contradicted.

In the first X-Men Professor X tells Wolverine that Cyclops, Jean and Storm were some of his first students. So most people took that as they were the first students. But he does actually say "some of his first students" not "his first students", so there is some wiggle room.

That Is not the real problem.The problems with conity are this.

Rose Bryne plays Moira Mactaggert In First Class In the 1960's.Olivia Williams who appears as Moira In the Last Stand Is too young to be playing Moira.

Xavier and Magneto have falling out In First Class and Xavier IS reortly crippled yet In X-Men the Last stand's opening scene a walking Xavier and Magneto find Jean Grey.And at end of X-Men Origins:Wolverine a walking Xavier Is there for Cyclops and other escaped mutants.

Rose Bryne plays Moira Mactaggert In First Class In the 1960's.Olivia Williams who appears as Moira In the Last Stand Is too young to be playing Moira.

Xavier and Magneto have falling out In First Class and Xavier IS reortly crippled yet In X-Men the Last stand's opening scene a walking Xavier and Magneto find Jean Grey.And at end of X-Men Origins:Wolverine a walking Xavier Is there for Cyclops and other escaped mutants.

The same way First Class is avoiding a brief appearance by Emma in Origins, it might be avoiding the brief opening from The Last Stand, but we don't know that yet. McAvoy might end the movie on his feet and the falling out in First Class might just be temporary. They might reconcile over some '86 Armagnac cognac leading to their joint effort to recruit new students again.

As for the Moira thing, then yeah, they're definitely avoiding her 2 minutes of screentime in The Last Stand, no fuss.

NEVER?!? That's a bit of a stretch, considering it was in development hell for years, and used a lot of the same characters (Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul) who were part of scripts that were intended to be part of the franchise. You're right, the finished product wasn't a prequel, but at the time I even remember reviewers thinking it was. X-Men: First Class is a prequel, but like Batman, if it's successful, it could easily spinoff it's own continuity.
Harvey Dent used three times?Joker a plethora of times?
Harvey Dent was played by Billy Dee Williams (1992), Tommy Lee Jones, and Aaron Eckhart all within 14 years.
Besides any cartoons, Two Face has only been seen twice and Joker twice...
In Joker's case I am including the cartoon because it was a movie featured in theaters.
This movie IS going to end up being a prequel, is it really that hard for them to just not include the Wolverine movie?
This movie is a very loose prequel. They aren't really including the Wolverine movie, as Emma Frost is clearly a part of it, as she was a part of that movie.
Besides all this Continuity is only a problem with the pain in the ass x-men fans, the average movie goer doesn't give a **** or won't even notice.
Exactly, which is why I think they'll ultimately allow Matthew Vaughn to continue the series without concerning himself with the previous films. Moreover, I think that as long as it's entertaining enough, who cares if it reboots the franchise.

Last edited:

Moira MacTaggert is a bit of an issue.

The Xavier/Magneto stuff is unconfirmed. I'm not going to take the word from some anonymous poster on these who claims to have worked on the movie, I don't know if anyone remembers the whole fake Lexi Alexander thing with Punisher: War Zone from a few years ago.

There is mention of a falling out in the description for the film. It could be a full blown dissolution of their friendship or it could just be the beginning rift that leads to it.

Vaughn has said or eluded to that First Class will not be in continuity w/X3 nor Origins, so "we" basically can look @ those films as stand-alone, since neither was writte, directed nor produce by Singer.

I applaud X3 & Origins for trying to keep the films in continuity, but it's clear Singer/Vaughn have their own plans for how Xavier/Magneto & their teams came to be and what path they go down

so (Singer's) timeline is: First Class, sequal(s), X1 & X2
(total geek moment, but I am hoping Singer does an animated direct DVD of his version of X3!!! I mean we have yet to see an animated storyline from X-Men)

Vaughn has said or eluded to that First Class will not be in continuity w/X3 nor Origins, so "we" basically can look @ those films as stand-alone, since neither was writte, directed nor produce by Singer.

I applaud X3 & Origins for trying to keep the films in continuity, but it's clear Singer/Vaughn have their own plans for how Xavier/Magneto & their teams came to be and what path they go down

so (Singer's) timeline is: First Class, sequal(s), X1 & X2
(total geek moment, but I am hoping Singer does an animated direct DVD of his version of X3!!! I mean we have yet to see an animated storyline from X-Men)

The animated X3 would be awesome! .. I would buy 10 copies and give 9 away as gifts for X-Mas .. pun intended ..:hrt:

In the first X-Men Professor X tells Wolverine that Cyclops, Jean and Storm were some of his first students. So most people took that as they were the first students. But he does actually say "some of his first students" not "his first students", so there is some wiggle room.

Now it makes more sense. They only way it will really affect continuity is based on the ending. Also most people can ignore that after credits scene. It would take a miracle for that to go anywhere.

NEVER?!? That's a bit of a stretch, considering it was in development hell for years, and used a lot of the same characters (Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul) who were part of scripts that were intended to be part of the franchise. You're right, the finished product wasn't a prequel, but at the time I even remember reviewers thinking it was.

Calm down, he is right, if there were any reviewers under the impression that BB was supposed to be a prequel, it was just lazy journalism on their part. And i don't see how you saying some journalists being under the wrong impression has anything to do with old scripts in development.
BB was never intended to be a prequel of any sort to the 89-97 Batman series, nor was there ever any intention of that kind of movie being made. Trust me, I followed all the progress of the post 97 Batman scripts in development , and there was never any intention for any of them to be linked to that series, apart from 'Batman Triumphant' which was originally intended to be a sequel.

Last edited:
Wolverine already shattered continuity, so who cares? That said, I have no faith in this film. I feel like it is being rushed out, given the schedule, and this X-universe has already sank into a giant hole. FOX won't change.

Yet, this film is having a seemingly rushed schedule. That is VERY FOX. The A-Team was FOX's first decent film in a long time (as far as summer films go), but it wasn't good enough to make me change my entire attitude on FOX as a studio.

Plus, as I said before, Wolverine already went against continuity with the X-world numerous times last film. I highly doubt they care if the film doesn't mesh with the others.

I don't think continuity problems are anything to do with the studio, that's more to do with the fact that this franchise is not under one guiding hand, and spans decades of stories, with many characters.
Look at the continuity problems between the SW prequels and the OT, and that is under the one guiding creative hand. The problem simply lies with the fact that sometimes someone wants to do a certain plotline, and it would be detrimental to the film if they dropped it just because there is some relatively small continuity problem it would raise.(the Moria McTaggart age thing for example, why drop a whole plotline just because it does not match up with a cameo?)
With the size of this universe, time and character wise, I think you are just going to have to swallow a couple of hiccups here and there.

Moira was a cameo in X3?

I don't think continuity should be a problem. The filmmakers just need to be conscious of what happened. Kayla's sister is never called 'EMMA FROST' (just 'Emma'); we have yet to see how Xavier and Lehnsherr falls out/how the scene at the Grey house from X3 acts here, etc.

Everything else seems fine to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"