Justice League Review of Snyder Cut

Sorath

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay this a review I came across on youtube. Its 2 hours long but this guy is hilarious and he basically destroys this film and shows why it's not that much better then theatrical cut.

Im currently an hour in and holy hell, there is so much stuff i havent even realized that falls apart in Snyders version.
So far its really worth the watch because it shows perfectly Snyders biggest problem as director.

Style over Substance.
A "Tell dont show" approach on things that hinders real depth and meaning.

A few times the video is too hard on certain scenes because characters actions or non actions are needed to move the story, for dramatic effect etc...but for the most part he does a good job at highlighting many of the problems and some i havent realized before myself.

I agree with him that the dialogue in the movie is mostly pretty bad. This might be a tad sacrilegious for me to say but I do think Whedon’s rewrites actually improve the film in some places. Overall, Snyder’s film is superior but I very much struggle to call it a great movie like a lot of people are calling it. But I’m glad it exists.

ZS is a good director. His strengths are very easy to see but so are his weakness. the film is fun but thats about it. it falls apart when you dig too deep. its better than JW version but i feel like some things JW did were better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"